Thread: Either the ref is incompetant or he had money on this fight: Andrade vs. Bute

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Either the ref is incompetant or he had money on this fight: Andrade vs. Bute

OK, please someone tell me they just watched the Andrade - Bute fight. Listen, I hate to call out referees, but there is absolutely NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that this referee had money on Bute or that there was some kind of fix in this fight. It's not even an issue. What happened in this fight was an absolute disgrace.

To recap a bit, Bute is dominating the entire fight. Andrade dominates the 12th round and Bute is clearly done. The referee continues to get in the way of Andrade when close to a knockdown. At this point, I'm already wondering what the hell this referee is doing. Finally, with less than 10 seconds in the fight, Andrade knocks Bute down and completely out. Bute has no idea where he is. The referee does not start the count. Then the referee starts yelling at Andrade to get back to his corner instead of counting out Bute. Andrade is IN HIS CORNER. He starts his count and then, once again, starts yelling at Andrade to go back to his corner, literally taking steps towards him. He finally restarts his count from 4 seconds and lets Bute get up. If this was a normal count, it would have been at at least 20 seconds.

Oh yeah, in the 9th or 10th round of the fight, the ref scored a knockdown for Bute when it was extremely clear it was a push/trip.

I have literally never seen a worse refereeing job in any sport in my life. If this guy did not have some sort of other motive then I have no idea what was going on. Seriously, people have to see what happened here. It was a disgrace.

And, for the record, I have no money on this myself. I had no rooting interest. I'm just disgusted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    OK, please someone tell me they just watched the Andrade - Bute fight. Listen, I hate to call out referees, but there is absolutely NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that this referee had money on Bute or that there was some kind of fix in this fight. It's not even an issue. What happened in this fight was an absolute disgrace.

To recap a bit, Bute is dominating the entire fight. Andrade dominates the 12th round and Bute is clearly done. The referee continues to get in the way of Andrade when close to a knockdown. At this point, I'm already wondering what the hell this referee is doing. Finally, with less than 10 seconds in the fight, Andrade knocks Bute down and completely out. Bute has no idea where he is. The referee does not start the count. Then the referee starts yelling at Andrade to get back to his corner instead of counting out Bute. Andrade is IN HIS CORNER. He starts his count and then, once again, starts yelling at Andrade to go back to his corner, literally taking steps towards him. He finally restarts his count from 4 seconds and lets Bute get up. If this was a normal count, it would have been at at least 20 seconds.

Oh yeah, in the 9th or 10th round of the fight, the ref scored a knockdown for Bute when it was extremely clear it was a push/trip.

I have literally never seen a worse refereeing job in any sport in my life. If this guy did not have some sort of other motive then I have no idea what was going on. Seriously, people have to see what happened here. It was a disgrace.

And, for the record, I have no money on this myself. I had no rooting interest. I'm just disgusted.
    Canadian ref. Canadian hero. Fight in Canada. Biased (not incompetant) ref.
    Andrade is still suffering from rectal bleeding.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freakin Disgrace!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are two Canadians who obviously have a maple leaf covering their eyes:

http://watch.tsn.ca/in-this-corner/c...538#clip108353

Click on In This Corner, October 27
    Last edited by simijet; 11-01-2008 at 01:58 PM.