Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 97

Thread: The All Championships Thread

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824

    The All Championships Thread

    So, there’s a CL Thread, A Uefa Thread, a Sweet Goal Thread, we need a Championship Thread.

    Be it American, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Greek….post any info regarding Championship play!!

    I’ll start (yes I needed a place this important piece of info you were all dying for):

    PSG 4 – 2 Marseille

    And in Marseille thank you very much.

    In prolly more important news, Liverpool beat Chelsea for their first home loss in a gazillion years.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

    PSG 4 – 2 Marseille

    .
    Wow congratulations man, last I looked you guys were getting beat 2-1. Impressive.

    We got beat 4-2 last night, played like ****. But I think we're only 4-5 points behind the leaders so no sweat yet.

    In a couple pf weeks we'regoing to Fenerland, we haven't beaten them there in almost a decade so we'll see how that goes.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Wow congratulations man, last I looked you guys were getting beat 2-1. Impressive.

    We got beat 4-2 last night, played like ****. But I think we're only 4-5 points behind the leaders so no sweat yet.

    In a couple pf weeks we'regoing to Fenerland, we haven't beaten them there in almost a decade so we'll see how that goes.
    Thanks, this team is starting to show stuff. Hoarau has been our best recruit so far. Scored 2 goals but plays like a Koller: very tall, participates in developping actions, and distributes opportunities for everyone around.

    On a side note, we're also talking to Ronaldo who has said publicly he'd like to play in Paris. Like I said before, this is place stars come to die (kinda like the Jets).

    And Erding has been approached as well. He's having a great season so far.

  4. #4
    Well, Milan beat Atalanta 1-0 this weekend with a goal from Kaka, who said after the match that he's feeling great and finally in top form after a long, tough summer. So that's obviously great news.

    Beckham is also definitely coming to Milan for a few months during the MLS off-season, so at the very least it should be interesting to see how he contributes to the team. At the very beginning of the season Ancelotti said that their main goal this year is to win the scudetto, and so far they look to be in pretty good shape.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    i could post something about Arsenal returning to form in the league and moving back up the table, but really, the biggest story of all at this point in the season is Hull sitting a mere 3 points out of first and level with Chel$ki for second...even if it doesnt last, good for them...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
    i could post something about Arsenal returning to form in the league and moving back up the table, but really, the biggest story of all at this point in the season is Hull sitting a mere 3 points out of first and level with Chel$ki for second...even if it doesnt last, good for them...
    Hull's at home against Chelsea Saturday. Should be interesting. Hull has been fun to watch this year in the couple of times I've seen them. Geovanni has been incredible for them so far.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Hull's at home against Chelsea Saturday. Should be interesting. Hull has been fun to watch this year in the couple of times I've seen them. Geovanni has been incredible for them so far.
    Yeah, and how about Amr Zaki, he's also been unbelievable.

    Any of you guys seen black death? He should be ecstatic right about now with his boys beating chelsea away?
    Last edited by The Turk; 10-28-2008 at 10:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    1 Lyon 34
    2 Marseille 31
    3 Rennes 30
    4 Bordeaux 29
    5 Paris-SG 29
    6 Nice 28


    It's only a 5th place,, but we've come a loooong way. I think last year at the same point we had something like 17 points.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Watched PSG Man City last week....interesting club you got there.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Watched PSG Man City last week....interesting club you got there.
    That was the B squad.

    We are so scared of duplicating last year, that the only thing that counts is the Championship (in the Top 10). Last year, we almost got relegated but managed to win the League Cup (hence Uefa). So the B squad gets the caviar.

    We’re actually a bit similar to the Jets: brought in some stars, but a bit old or burned out (Giuly, Makelele, Kezman..). The general feeling is tentative happiness. Downright atrocious play can be just around the corner.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    I guess this thread is as good as any for this:

    The Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentis reacting to 4 of his players getting offers from English clubs:

    "Se qualcuno vuole andare in Inghilterra vada pure, ma sappia che si vive male, si mangia male e le donne non si fanno il bidet."

    "If someone wants to go to England they will, but they should know that they live badly, eat badly and their women don't wash their asses"


  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Not that anyone cares, but thought I'd keep you posted.



    Team Pts
    1 Lyon 49
    2 Paris-SG 45
    3 Marseille 44
    4 Toulouse 44
    5 Bordeaux 43


    We have more points after 24 games, than in all of last year LOL

  13. #13
    That's pretty cool, Raoul. Good for you guys. What was the biggest difference between this year and last?

    As for Serie A, it looks like Inter is going to run away with the scudetto yet again. I think I'm officially sick of Carlo Ancelotti.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    That's pretty cool, Raoul. Good for you guys. What was the biggest difference between this year and last?

    As for Serie A, it looks like Inter is going to run away with the scudetto yet again. I think I'm officially sick of Carlo Ancelotti.
    Well, it helps when the guys you recruit actually play well. Makelele has brought a real veteran leadership, as has Giuly.

    These past few years the problem became mental. We were extremely fragile. Once they stepped on the field, they'd play scared, crowd would start booing, and it was over. Now a sort of dynamic has been created: winning spawns more wins. The guys actually play well, together and start believing in themselves.

    Sprinkle a few lucky calls (2 red cards forgotten this weekend) and we're in the hunt!

    and yes, Inter will win it.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    and for those who missed it, Scolari was dumped as manager of Chelsea, replaced by Hiddink.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Well, it helps when the guys you recruit actually play well. Makelele has brought a real veteran leadership, as has Giuly.

    These past few years the problem became mental. We were extremely fragile. Once they stepped on the field, they'd play scared, crowd would start booing, and it was over. Now a sort of dynamic has been created: winning spawns more wins. The guys actually play well, together and start believing in themselves.

    Sprinkle a few lucky calls (2 red cards forgotten this weekend) and we're in the hunt!

    and yes, Inter will win it.
    Ah, that's where Giuly ended up. He was always fun to watch with Barcelona.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Ah, that's where Giuly ended up. He was always fun to watch with Barcelona.
    Ligue 1: Where stars go to die.


  18. #18
    Hey Raoul, do you ever get to go to any Paris games?

    I don't even know what's involved in going to a European soccer match. Do people tailgate? Is it expensive?

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,824
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Hey Raoul, do you ever get to go to any Paris games?

    I don't even know what's involved in going to a European soccer match. Do people tailgate? Is it expensive?
    I used to go quite a bit then stopped. PSG has had a pretty bad problem with fascists, and going to the stadium was like going to war. Passing tons of cops in riot gear. Once a dude next to me got hit in the head with a lighter, and decided to stop going. It's calmed down quite a bit, so I can't say that's what's stopping me anymore.

    There isn't tailgating per se. Paris is different since the stadium is smack in the city, with no parking lot. Most of the times, people meet up in bars, for a few rounds, then go to the game. In other cities, there can be tailgating but nothing compared to what Americans do.

    Rugby has a much more festive atmosphere minus all the hooligans. There's the traditional "3rd half" where fans from both sides meet up in bars after the game for beers.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I used to go quite a bit then stopped. PSG has had a pretty bad problem with fascists, and going to the stadium was like going to war. Passing tons of cops in riot gear. Once a dude next to me got hit in the head with a lighter, and decided to stop going. It's calmed down quite a bit, so I can't say that's what's stopping me anymore.

    There isn't tailgating per se. Paris is different since the stadium is smack in the city, with no parking lot. Most of the times, people meet up in bars, for a few rounds, then go to the game. In other cities, there can be tailgating but nothing compared to what Americans do.

    Rugby has a much more festive atmosphere minus all the hooligans. There's the traditional "3rd half" where fans from both sides meet up in bars after the game for beers.

    Gotcha. The sporting culture in Europe sounds crazy with hooliganism and such. Definitely something I want to experience, but probably only once.

    I was actually thinking about that watching the Milan derby yesterday. It looked like a lot of fun to be at, but then again... maybe not, lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us