Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The All Championships Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    ManUre 1 - Liverpool 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I saw that. Sweet. I would have loved to see Ferguson's face in the locker room afterwards.

We totally missed on a great opportunity to take over the lead. Lyon, who's reeling, lost again, and we played Marseille last night at home. A win wouldv'e kicked Marseille in the nuts which is always fun, and take the lead. We lost 3-1..

Still 1 point behind

1 Lyon 53
    2 Marseille 52
    3 Paris-SG 52

Veteran
    ManUre 1 - Liverpool 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I watched the last half hour and it was priceless hearing the YNWA in old trafford. Congrats mate you deserved it. Putting 8 past Real and ManU in 3 days is quite an accomplishment.

I really don't care who it is but I want someone other than Lyon to win Le Championnat this year. It's gotten ridicilous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I watched the last half hour and it was priceless hearing the YNWA in old trafford. Congrats mate you deserved it. Putting 8 past Real and ManU in 3 days is quite an accomplishment.

I really don't care who it is but I want someone other than Lyon to win Le Championnat this year. It's gotten ridicilous.
    So does the rest of the country...for the past 5 years.

How are you guys doing?

Thanks fellas - ManUre will have to eff up big time to lose the league from here but to do the double over them is super sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    So does the rest of the country...for the past 5 years.

How are you guys doing?
    Swiped this off a Liverpool site to answer your question for The Turk:

Hamburg 1-1 Galatasaray: Nice away score against one of the favorites. We could have won the game but losing Emre Asik for a professional faul set us back. Also, Baros did not play due to a yellow card ban and that means a lot when the subs are Nonda and Umit Karan. We scored at the last minute but it was disallowed. Kewell played center back for 40 or so minutes and he was great !. Lincoln complained when he was coming out at around 65th minute or so and got a fine from the club.

Trabzonspor 2-2 Galatasaray: Baros and Arda scored and we almost got away but Trabzonspor scored with a nice shot 5 minutes before it was over. Baros and Arda were both incredible and we are expecting a lot from them for the upcoming Hamburg game. We are trailing by 5 points but we still have a shot for the championship. 1 point is reasonable from a Trabzonspor game in Trabzon.

Baros' goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4XxyDxqm9k

Veteran
    Swiped this off a Liverpool site to answer your question for The Turk:

Hamburg 1-1 Galatasaray: Nice away score against one of the favorites. We could have won the game but losing Emre Asik for a professional faul set us back. Also, Baros did not play due to a yellow card ban and that means a lot when the subs are Nonda and Umit Karan. We scored at the last minute but it was disallowed. Kewell played center back for 40 or so minutes and he was great !. Lincoln complained when he was coming out at around 65th minute or so and got a fine from the club.

Trabzonspor 2-2 Galatasaray: Baros and Arda scored and we almost got away but Trabzonspor scored with a nice shot 5 minutes before it was over. Baros and Arda were both incredible and we are expecting a lot from them for the upcoming Hamburg game. We are trailing by 5 points but we still have a shot for the championship. 1 point is reasonable from a Trabzonspor game in Trabzon.

Baros' goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4XxyDxqm9k
    Yeah that about sums it up. It works a little different for us here; for us the league is only a means to an end, the ultimate goal is always success in Europe. Whether it be in CL or the UEFA cup it really doesn't matter.

I'm 30 years old and this is the first time that I can remember that all of the Big 3 - Us the sewerbirds and Besiktas - are doing badly in the league. We are level on points with the sewerbirds with them being in 4th and us being in 5th place but we're only out of first by 5 points. And we have a favourable schedule we'll host the sewerbirds and Sivas - the current leaders who are playing for their first championship in history - and play away at besiktas who is also above us. We always beat them when we need to so no worries.

It's been an interesting championship this year over here.

It would be fun if us Liverpool and PSG all won the league, which could still happen. We could make fun of Paulie's boys endlessly

Jets Insider VIP
    It would be fun if us Liverpool and PSG all won the league, which could still happen. We could make fun of Paulie's boys endlessly
    Isn't that what we do already?

When Baros played for Lyon, during his first week he got caught going 200+ km/h in his Ferrari. Nice way to get noticed by your employer.

Veteran
    When Baros played for Lyon, during his first week he got caught going 200+ km/h in his Ferrari. Nice way to get noticed by your employer.
    I read about that...He's also doing real well here, he has something like 18 goals in the league and close to 25 overall.

Jets Insider VIP
    I read about that...He's also doing real well here, he has something like 18 goals in the league and close to 25 overall.
    Good for him. His stock has really fallen over the years. I think he's wasted his talent. Is he still on the national team?

Veteran
    Good for him. His stock has really fallen over the years. I think he's wasted his talent. Is he still on the national team?
    Yes. He is - or was until he came to us - one of those players who was great at international level but could not carry over that success to the club game...

I first noticed him in the 2000 euros; when he scored an absolout beuty with hisleft foot in the semi-final against you guys remember that gem?

You know in the match that was awarded to France by a referee decision

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes. He is - or was until he came to us - one of those players who was great at international level but could not carry over that success to the club game...

I first noticed him in the 2000 euros; when he scored an absolout beuty with hisleft foot in the semi-final against you guys remember that gem?

You know in the match that was awarded to France by a referee decision
    You mean the Euro where Italy was seconds away from a win, choked, and lost in one the cruelest losses in football history?

Milan Baros' Résumé:
    Liverpool
    Lyon
    Istanbul

Next season: Ulam Bator.

Veteran
    We had a match against the sewerbirds on Sunday. Drew 0-0 which probably puts both of us out of the championship race. We are level on points with them in 4-5th place with an 8 point difference with the leader with 8 matches to go.

It was a dreadful match, and it got uglier at the end. A huge fight broke out, 2 red cards a piece etc.

It's not about football anymore, there's pure unadultrated hatred between the sides. It's unfortunate but this probably won't end until someone dies as a result of violence...

Jets Insider VIP
    We had a match against the sewerbirds on Sunday. Drew 0-0 which probably puts both of us out of the championship race. We are level on points with them in 4-5th place with an 8 point difference with the leader with 8 matches to go.

It was a dreadful match, and it got uglier at the end. A huge fight broke out, 2 red cards a piece etc.

It's not about football anymore, there's pure unadultrated hatred between the sides. It's unfortunate but this probably won't end until someone dies as a result of violence...
    I hate games like that..
    Which place do you have to finish for CL and Uefa CUp? Looks like next year might be just championship for you guys..

Here Marseille has pulled in front of Lyon which hasn't happened in decades.

Veteran
    I hate games like that..
    Which place do you have to finish for CL and Uefa CUp? Looks like next year might be just championship for you guys..

Here Marseille has pulled in front of Lyon which hasn't happened in decades.

First 2 go to CL 3rd place and the cup winner to UEFA Cup.

We still have a fair chance of going to the Uefa cup but CL is probably a long shot.

Who would you and the rest of the PSG clan prefer to win it if it comes down to L'OM and Lyon?

Jets Insider VIP
    Who would you and the rest of the PSG clan prefer to win it if it comes down to L'OM and Lyon?
    Both teams have be so dissapointing for the past 6-7 years, the rivalry has really died down.
    Actually I wouldn't mind OM puting an end to Lyon's supremacy.
    If one team pulls it off I think it will be Bordeaux, not OM.

Anyone see the two absolute howlers by the PSG goalie in the UEFA yesterday? One of them was just beyond comical - sort of thing that happens in children's football. Punched the ball into his own net.

Marseille seem to be doing alright in Ligue 1, Raoul - only noticed after their 4 - 1 win the other day. They are really putting it to Lyon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone see the two absolute howlers by the PSG goalie in the UEFA yesterday? One of them was just beyond comical - sort of thing that happens in children's football. Punched the ball into his own net.

Marseille seem to be doing alright in Ligue 1, Raoul - only noticed after their 4 - 1 win the other day. They are really putting it to Lyon.
    This wasn't necessary. Bastid.

Very surprising mistakes from Landreau who's on the national squad. In any case; UEFA quarter fianlists and Top 5 in Ligue 1 was a far fetched idea at the begining of the season.

As for Lyon, the whole country wants someone else to win it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey Paulie, awesome win this weekend. I saw the highlights last night.

I don't think I hate another player more than Inzaghi, but the dude can score. I'll have to search the interwebz for his facial expression when his first goal was whistled offsides. My 5 MONTH old son does the same one when he starts to pout.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 04-20-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: pfail

Hey Paulie, awesome win this weekend. I saw the highlights last night.

I don't think I hate another player more than Inzaghi, but the dude can score. I'll have to search the interwebz for his facial expression when his first goal was whistled offsides. My 5 year old son does the same one when he starts to pout.
    ....they were talking up Beckham's efforts in the game on the BBC website this morning.

Jets Insider VIP
    ....they were talking up Beckham's efforts in the game on the BBC website this morning.
    He had a great game.

The first goal called back for offsides is brilliant. Inzaghi goes from the far post to the near post, and Becks puts it right on his noggin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMZeCdjl9hQ