Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins

Hall Of Fame

And So It Begins

104 days until Pitchers and Catchers!!!!

15 days until free agency begins!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    There is no way the Mets aren't in the 2009 World Series!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Tickets aren't on sale yet.

All Pro
    No Yankee Post-Season baseball has me more excited than usual. Bring on the hot stove!

Waterboy
    saying the mets are going to make the world series in 09 is just ridiculous, but you met fans really brighten my day...if you keep the same core, you get the same results..why would you expect anything different next year?....maybe if they get tex and pick up another great pitcher to put behind santana they have a chance, but i will love seeing the heartless reyes and wright fall further under the pressure as they show nothing but their great ability to fail.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees BABBYYY! View Post
    saying the mets are going to make the world series in 09 is just ridiculous, but you met fans really brighten my day...if you keep the same core, you get the same results..why would you expect anything different next year?....maybe if they get tex and pick up another great pitcher to put behind santana they have a chance, but i will love seeing the heartless reyes and wright fall further under the pressure as they show nothing but their great ability to fail.
    Mike Francesca? Welcome to JI.

Time for the Yankees to open up the bank!!!!!!

CC AND MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE NEW NY YANKEES!!!!!!

All League
    LOL Wright is heartless but was batting like .400 in sept of 07.

Some core you have on the Yankees though...

Waterboy
    you can say Mike Francesca all you want and i wont be offended cause its only logically and is the only thing that makes sense with this team...
    and the yankee core went to 6 world series, are you trying to compare reyes to jeter?...its completely different so you cant say that

Undrafted Free Agent
    you can say Mike Francesca all you want and i wont be offended cause its only logically and is the only thing that makes sense with this team...
    and the yankee core went to 6 world series, are you trying to compare reyes to jeter?...its completely different so you cant say that
    Yeah blame Reyes and Wright thats the way to go! Finished 1st and 2nd in the NL in hits, nothing to do with the worst bullpen I have ever seen. Anyone can listen to WFAN and quote that arrogant Fatcessa. Post something original Hank.

Veteran
    Man, anytime a new yankee fan comes aboard..makes some of the rest of us look bad..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets N Mets View Post
    Yeah blame Reyes and Wright thats the way to go! Finished 1st and 2nd in the NL in hits, nothing to do with the worst bullpen I have ever seen. Anyone can listen to WFAN and quote that arrogant Fatcessa. Post something original Hank.
    All he has to do is imply Longoria is a lot better and then back track as soon as he goes 0fer the first four games of the World Series/someone points stats out to him.

Also, Reyes celebrates.

OT: I'd love to hear Francesa today.....

He did say the Rays were gonna collapse at some point in July(he even took them as an under to start the year)......it just took to the World Series.

"Time to break up the caw. Upton, Pena, Longoria all must go!"
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 10-30-2008 at 01:28 PM.

All League
    Im sure no bullpen and no production out of the corner spots or 2nd had anything to do with this year.

Its nice to know Mike Francessa thinks for you, come back with some of your own opinions next time.

All Pro
    so do the yanks have to break up thewir core, i mean they had the same result as the mets....home in october

All League
    saying the mets are going to make the world series in 09 is just ridiculous, .
    Ridiculous how? I would love your analysis but seeing as you just seem to regurgitate whatever comes out of Francessa's mouth I am sure this won't happen.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Very impressed how all Met fans called this guy out real quick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post

OT: I'd love to hear Francesa today.....

He did say the Rays were gonna collapse at some point in July(he even took them as an under to start the year)......it just took to the World Series.
    Fatboy also said that Joba would be a bust as a starting pitcher and that the Red Sox would beat the Rays in the ALCS in 6 games. Everyone gets predictions wrong from time to time but Fatboy is obsessed with baseball and thinks he knows everything.

Mets buy K-Rod or Fuentes, Manny and no. 3 starting pitcher they are the favorite to go to the World Series in the national league.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 10-30-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Okay.........and they will be playing the Royals too.

Banned
    If the Yankees can't get CC or Burnett I'd like them to get Oliver Perez. He's talented and only 27. Ben Sheets is injury prone and Lowe is 35.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    If the Yankees can't get CC or Burnett I'd like them to get Oliver Perez. He's talented and only 27. Ben Sheets is injury prone and Lowe is 35.
    Perez might not be a bad idea for them as he seems to perform better on a bigger stage. However, he still has his games where he seems to just lose control and walk the park. I will miss Perez, he was a great pickup and a guy you could root for. His peformance in game 7 of the NLCS will always make me a fan, too bad the bullpen couldn't seal the deal.