Thread: Jacobs traded to royals

All Pro

Jacobs traded to royals

Former Met Jacobs traded from Marlins to Royals
    by The Associated Press
    Thursday October 30, 2008, 1:16 PM

Mike Jacobs, seen here in his playing days with the Mets, has been traded from the Marlins to the Kansas City Royals. (AP Photo)The Florida Marlins traded power-hitting first baseman Mike Jacobs to the Kansas City Royals for pitcher Leo Nunez on Thursday.

The Marlins were shopping Jacobs because he was due a big raise in arbitration. In exchange, they got a right-handed pitcher who was 4-1 last year with a 2.98 ERA in 45 relief appearances.

Nunez has a 9-7 career record.

Jacobs is a career .262 hitter the Marlins acquired in a 2005 trade with the New York Mets for Carlos Delgado. He hit 32 home runs and knocked in 93 runs last season, both career bests.
    per SI advance

All League
    Jacobs was Ryan Howard Jr. last year.

All Pro
    This is something I wish the Yankees would do and stop going after 38-39 year olds or players that want a 130 mill contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Not really a fan of either player.

Mike Jacobs is not a very good baseball player. .247 Average, .299 On Base Percentage, a complete inability to hit Lefties, and well below average Defense makes his 30 Home Runs rather hollow.

Leo Nunez could be a decent reliever for them, but his low K rate, his low GB rate, and mediocre WHIP suggests he was probably playing over his head last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    This is something I wish the Yankees would do and stop going after 38-39 year olds or players that want a 130 mill contract.
    You would start to get frustrated pretty quick with Jacobs if he were in the Yankees everyday lineup for the reasons stated by Venom.

You wan the Yankees to sign guys with sub .300 OBP's? Not even guys, but a corner Ifer who is the worst defensive first baseman in baseball and is more of a DH? Seriously?

Jacobs sucks. He is a terrible baseball player. This is a horrible move by the Royals and makes their team worse.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Jacobs was Ryan Howard Jr. last year.
    That's an insult to Ryan Howard.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    You would start to get frustrated pretty quick with Jacobs if he were in the Yankees everyday lineup for the reasons stated by Venom.
    First sometimes you need a change of scenery second I did not mean Jacobs perasonally someone like him who is younger and may not have had his best year yet?

First sometimes you need a change of scenery second I did not mean Jacobs perasonally someone like him who is younger and may not have had his best year yet?
    Like... And I'd hope Jacobs hasn't had his best year yet given that he has only had horrible years (besides his 30 games with the Mets when he was first called up). If you want a younger guy, we can just call up Juan Miranda and be below average at 1B next year.