Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not $250K - Not $200K - Not Even $150K. It's Now Down To $120K For Tax Increase!

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2840135]The ironic thing is that minimum wage increases hurt the poor the most. If an owner’s labor costs increase, he will lower his payroll. Is that what we need? More unemployment? Who are we to tell workers that they can’t work for a wage that they accept?[/QUOTE]

. If an owner’s labor costs increase, he will lower his payroll.
    that's hypothetical.

don't forget that salaries are tax write offs.

I don't see why people are concerned here. Obama has a great record of standing up against the Democratic party in the past...

Jets Insider VIP
    I give him about 30-60 days in office before he says, "The economic conditions are just too tough for any kind of tax relief. Everyone will have to contribute."

[QUOTE=dcJet;2840141]The extremes are what people rally against. For me, I am enraged at the CEO salaries. Who are these guys? Rock Stars? Standup comics? (hehe)

How you can pay someone 10-20 million a year to be the head of a corporation is unbelievable to me. They are not worth that much money and they are a drain on the corporate earnings. Most of these guys don't generate revenues, they're freakin managers.

These bloodsuckers try to make up for their drain by cutting other labor expenses to the bone. So instead of paying decent wages to hard-working Americans, these guys outsource the jobs and ruin our economy.

Everytime jobs are outsourced the gap between haves and have-nots grows and the middle class gets hurt. The people getting cut get hurt the worst, but those that keep their jobs lose leverage and end up with stagnant wages.

Why can't a CEO make a wage that's 25 times that of a middle manager like it used to be? That's a nice 2.5M dollar salary. All of us would strive to get that position.

Why does it have to be 575 times greater than a middle manager and as result have to cut 20% of middle manager staff and eliminate 20% of jobs across the board and hurt our economy?

The answer is greed and that greed has been unchecked by our society lately.

I love capitalism but as it has been said many times... The problem with capitalism, is capitalists.[/QUOTE]A CEO is paid too much, the company will suffer long-term. That's what's supposed to happen. Companies that make good decisions will benefit, companies that make poor decisions will suffer. That's the best way to sort things out. Not getting the government involved.

We don't, and shouldn't, limit the salaries of pro athletes or entertainers, either.

[QUOTE=jayjay;2840157]. If an owner’s labor costs increase, he will lower his payroll.
    that's hypothetical.[/QUOTE]

If costs go up, something has to happen. If an owner can pass on the costs, he will. He'll try to pass it on with lower costs or his own or higher prices. And since a min. wage increase is a macroeconomic event (all competitors also face similar increases) it's easier to pass it on.
    Last edited by BrooklynBound; 11-03-2008 at 06:42 PM.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2840212]I give him about 30-60 days in office before he says, "The economic conditions are just too tough for any kind of tax relief. Everyone will have to contribute."[/QUOTE]

That long, huh? ;)

Which hits your wallet harder taxes or agents?

[QUOTE=jayjay;2839845]I AM working. I have many jobs. I work constantly. I always concentrate on NEW ways to earn money, internet articles, webisodes, writing books, television, stand up comedy, voice overs for video games, movies, personal appearances, selling merchandise etc...I have never, since the age of NINETEEN, simply "went to work and went home". I get taxed 50% for my efforts so spare me if I don't cry if your taxes go up. much respect to you though.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2840222]A CEO is paid too much, the company will suffer long-term. [/QUOTE]

Unless they are bailed out, right? Then it's OK to run it into the ground faster than McCain can crash a plane

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2840690]Unless they are bailed out, right? Then it's OK to run it into the ground faster than McCain can crash a plane[/QUOTE]

Bailouts are inherently wrong and shouldn't happen. But hey, both big candidates support them so expect the gravy train to keep on flowing.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2840704]Bailouts are inherently wrong and shouldn't happen. But hey, both big candidates support them so expect the gravy train to keep on flowing.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if we let one of our big automakers crash and burn.
    The asian builders here are almost like American companies at this point.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2839622]Obama will raise taxes so he can give tax relief to people who pay no taxes in the first place! He will screw the middle class all the way up to the upper class! That you can bet on![/QUOTE]

your very naive to think that your taxes won't go up if Mclame gets into office. how else are we going to get rid of our 3 trillion dollar deficit.

[QUOTE=DRNYJETS;2840972]your very naive to think that your taxes won't go up if Mclame gets into office. how else are we going to get rid of our 3 trillion dollar deficit.[/QUOTE]

We aren't getting rid of the deficit based on raising or lowering taxes. We are either going to substantially grow our economy to raise revenue or we will so inflate our money that 3 trillion will look like chump change.