Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politics Forum Oddly Quiet Today?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Politics Forum Oddly Quiet Today?

For the day before election day, this forum seems awful, awful quiet?

Is everyone afriad to talk for fear on jinxing their side? Or is it just one of those odd days when eveyone is busy at work and such?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2839501]For the day before election day, this forum seems awful, awful quiet?

Is everyone afriad to talk for fear on jinxing their side? Or is it just one of those odd days when eveyone is busy at work and such?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, its quiet -- I'm home sick and was looking forward to some liveliness. Maybe its the calm before the storm or maybe people are in just a slightly better mood due to Jets win & NE loss -- I know I'm in a better mood.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2839501]For the day before election day, this forum seems awful, awful quiet?

Is everyone afriad to talk for fear on jinxing their side? Or is it just one of those odd days when eveyone is busy at work and such?[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that both sides have made their cases and everyone is basically just waiting for the results to come in. Fingers crossed, jinx aversion, whatever you want to call it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    election fatigue

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't post a ton on here, but I am swamped at work. Considering this economy that's a good thing, so I'm not complaining.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2839529]election fatigue[/QUOTE]

I think that's it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That's part of it too.

The back-and-forth between both candidates and their supporters has become tiresome. I'm looking forward to not having t hear about it anymore.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think you might be right. It's all talked out (perhaps over-talked out) and now we're just waiting for resolution.

((Congrats in advance for you guy winning btw :D))

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. It's like cramming for a test. After a while you just want it over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder where Flushingjet and CBTNY have been.

Hey CBTNY if you read this...............

Ronald Reagan sucked!

:D

Flushingjet if you read this..............................

Ron Paul is the only person who can straighten out the mess this country is in!

:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question for you Warfish. You say you don't like either candidate and you're not voting.

Can you really say deep down that you don't dislike one candidate more then the other and that you don't have absolutely any rooting interest at all as to who wins? What would you like to see tomorrow?

Sorry, but I always wondered about people who don't vote. I know you are very informed so it's not like you don't care.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 11-03-2008 at 03:20 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2839830]I have a question for you Warfish. You say you don't like either candidate and you're not voting.

Can you really say deep down that you don't dislike one candidate more then the other and that you don't have absolutely no rooting interest at all as to who wins? What would you like to see tomorrow?

Sorry, but I always wondered about people who don't vote. I know you are very informed so it's not like you don't care.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I can say with absolute honesty that I have no rooting interest tomorrow.

With that said, I prefer (policy wise to some degree) McCain. But I also think whats best for America is for him to be crushed, so eh.

However, that preference is simply not enough, especially from the "Maverick" who's claim to that title so often comes from abandoning policies I support. His choice of Palin was horrid. He is a waffler, unworthy of my trust. If he is destroyed, perhaps the Republican party will be forced to reevaluate what is and what isn't important. It's a tiny chance, most likely not to happen, but it's all I got.

As for Obama, I simply don't agree with him on any policy except perhaps a few social policies. Too much to overcome.

And Bob Barr is a joke. That guy is as much a Libertarian and Stalin was.

What I am supposed to do, vote just because? To make others feel good? I don't feel I have a legitimate choice I can support, rather than just stomach, so I refuse to vote.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2839914]I can say with absolute honesty that I have no rooting interest tomorrow.

With that said, I prefer (policy wise to some degree) McCain. But I also think whats best for America is for him to be crushed, so eh.

However, that preference is simply not enough, especially from the "Maverick" who's claim to that title so often comes from abandoning policies I support. His choice of Palin was horrid. He is a waffler, unworthy of my trust. If he is destroyed, perhaps the Republican party will be forced to reevaluate what is and what isn't important. It's a tiny chance, most likely not to happen, but it's all I got.

As for Obama, I simply don't agree with him on any policy except perhaps a few social policies. Too much to overcome.

And Bob Barr is a joke. That guy is as much a Libertarian and Stalin was.

What I am supposed to do, vote just because? To make others feel good? I don't feel I have a legitimate choice I can support, rather than just stomach, so I refuse to vote.[/QUOTE]
    Well explained. You believe the defeat of McCain would bring about a reshaping of the Republican party and that's what you want and you just don't agree enough with Obama to pull the lever for him.

I hope you don't mind me asking you a follow up question. How would you like to see the Republican party be reshaped? Who in your mind is the ideal person to do that reshaping?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2839929]Well explained. You believe the defeat of McCain would bring about a reshaping of the Republican party and that's what you want and you just don't agree enough with Obama to pull the lever for him.

I hope you don't mind me asking you a follow up question. How would you like to see the Republican party be reshaped? Who in your mind is the ideal person to do that reshaping?[/QUOTE]

What I want will never happen. So it's all just mental masturbation. Non one in the party today stands with me.

I want faith removed from Conservativism. Faith-based Politics is the bane of Conservativism in my opinion.

I want a Socially Moderate Party based on logic and Freedom (Libertarian-lite).

I want a Fiscal Party based on personal responsabillity, small Govt. and limited taxation and spending. I want a flat or fair tax, and a reduction of Govt. involved in most things.

I want a party that is absolutely strong on Defense, but knows when and where to use that strength, and when they use it, the use it overwhelmingly and as short a duration as possible.

I want a party that spends the majority of Govt. spending domesticly and on infrastructure. Not on Nation Building, International Welfare or Bribery.

I want a Nation who respects the UN, but does not bow to it.

I want term limits for House and Congress.

****, doesnt; matter what I want. It's never happening, so eh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Warfish is there any politician or anyone in pulbic office in the country you like?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still in shock that we won a game in Buffalo.

Who's running for what again?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dcJet;2840021]I'm still in shock that we won a game in Buffalo.

Who's running for what again?[/QUOTE]

Kris Jenkins for President!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey WF,

You need to vote. Leave the president's choice blank but vote in the local elections. That's what has the most impact on all of us - school policies, judges, roads, development, environment, traffic, city/county taxes, property taxes, zoning and more. The list of local issues goes on and on. Educate yourself or if your just pissed off about what your county or city government is doing, then vote the scumbag incumbents out.

My county, in Maryland, has overspent on absolute BS and has increased our property taxes. I can't wait to pull the lever against these pricks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2839990]So Warfish is there any politician or anyone in pulbic office in the country you like?[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude, but does this discussion have a point? Are you simply trying to show I'm on the outside, or that I'm too picky? Whats the point here?

[QUOTE=dcJet;2840062]Hey WF,

You need to vote. Leave the president's choice blank but vote in the local elections. That's what has the most impact on all of us - school policies, judges, roads, development, environment, traffic, city/county taxes, property taxes, zoning and more. The list of local issues goes on and on. Educate yourself or if your just pissed off about what your county or city government is doing, then vote the scumbag incumbents out.

My county, in Maryland, has overspent on absolute BS and has increased our property taxes. I can't wait to pull the lever against these pricks.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't. I can happily sit by and not vote, as Northern Virginia is dominated locally by Democrats, and my vote (for or against) does nothing whatsoever to tilt that domination.

On a positive note, local Democrats don't hurt me very badly, so local stuff is not really important to me, not because I am not educated on them, but because of the simpyl fact that local Dems do as much good for me personally as they do harm to the policies I believe in.