Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Politics Forum Oddly Quiet Today?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2840075]Actually, I don't. I can happily sit by and not vote, as Northern Virginia is dominated locally by Democrats, and my vote (for or against) does nothing whatsoever to tilt that domination.

On a positive note, local Democrats don't hurt me very badly, so local stuff is not really important to me, not because I am not educated on them, but because of the simpyl fact that local Dems do as much good for me personally as they do harm to the policies I believe in.[/QUOTE]

Most of our local politicians gave away the store to developers doing much damage to our environment and quality of life in the process. I want all their heads!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2840075]Not to be rude, but does this discussion have a point? Are you simply trying to show I'm on the outside, or that I'm too picky? Whats the point here?
    [/QUOTE]

Just curious. Believe it or not I respect the thought and the intellect behind your views even though I disagree with you on most things. Of course it's obvious how cynical you are and just wondering if that cynacism allows you to like anybody out there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2839946]What I want will never happen. So it's all just mental masturbation. Non one in the party today stands with me.

I want faith removed from Conservativism. Faith-based Politics is the bane of Conservativism in my opinion.

I want a Socially Moderate Party based on logic and Freedom (Libertarian-lite).

I want a Fiscal Party based on personal responsabillity, small Govt. and limited taxation and spending. I want a flat or fair tax, and a reduction of Govt. involved in most things.

I want a party that is absolutely strong on Defense, but knows when and where to use that strength, and when they use it, the use it overwhelmingly and as short a duration as possible.

I want a party that spends the majority of Govt. spending domesticly and on infrastructure. Not on Nation Building, International Welfare or Bribery.

I want a Nation who respects the UN, but does not bow to it.

I want term limits for House and Congress.

****, doesnt; matter what I want. It's never happening, so eh.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. I think I agree with you on almost everything there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's over homey. Locked loaded sealed done. Congrats Dems. For someone who isn't voting for him, I still think there's a chance America will/could be better off. If nothing else it will be nice to have a coherent, well spoken, intelligent, graceful President for a change. I don't agree with a lot of his policies but I respect him as a man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2839501]For the day before election day, this forum seems awful, awful quiet?

Is everyone afriad to talk for fear on jinxing their side? Or is it just one of those odd days when eveyone is busy at work and such?[/QUOTE]

I was loading up on toilet paper and got a neat Hammer and Sickel flag to put in my front yard to welcome the new President.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2839501]For the day before election day, this forum seems awful, awful quiet?

Is everyone afriad to talk for fear on jinxing their side? Or is it just one of those odd days when eveyone is busy at work and such?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about you, but I am going to catch striped bass and check in later:)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wondering if I play up my "Black Irish" if that will help me after today?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;2840795]I'm wondering if I play up my "Black Irish" if that will help me after today?[/QUOTE]
    Will get your kids off the couch and into Princeton.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2840111]Just curious. Believe it or not I respect the thought and the intellect behind your views even though I disagree with you on most things. Of course it's obvious how cynical you are and just wondering if that cynacism allows you to like anybody out there.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that, and I know. Sorry it took so long to reply, got no interweb at home at current (:steamin:) due to some jackass's error.

Just felt like well trodden ground is all. Nationally, I can't think of anyone specirficly, but I (unlike so many here) do not know every Senator or House Member very well, only my local folks. If I need to know about someone, I usually research them.

But no, no one specific I can think of off the top of my head. I generally support most of the ideals of the Libertarian Party (although some I'd be VERY against as well). Thats as specific as I can give you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2840951]I appreciate that, and I know. Sorry it took so long to reply, got no interweb at home at current (:steamin:) due to some jackass's error.

Just felt like well trodden ground is all. Nationally, I can't think of anyone specirficly, but I (unlike so many here) do not know every Senator or House Member very well, only my local folks. If I need to know about someone, I usually research them.

But no, no one specific I can think of off the top of my head. I generally support most of the ideals of the Libertarian Party (although some I'd be VERY against as well). Thats as specific as I can give you.[/QUOTE]
    OK thanks. I do hope that one day you can find someone to be excited about voting for.