Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Obama play something like a dead grandmother on election eve?

Jets Insider VIP

Will Obama play something like a dead grandmother on election eve?

Think he'll try to pull something out of his hat, like Bin Laden out of a hole for McCain?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-03-2008 at 04:53 PM.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2840089]Think he'll try to pull something out of his hat, like Bin Laden out of a hole for McCain?[/QUOTE]

What is this all about? His grandma did die today..

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2840125]What is this all about? His grandma did die today..[/QUOTE]

For real?

Did she? I didn't hear that. I knew she was really sick.

Too bad; she didn't even get to see the election results. My sympathies to the Obamas.

[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/03/obamas-grandmother-dies-a_n_140639.html[/url]

Man, the emotions he must be feeling today. To lose someone so central to raising him at a moment when he's poised to achieve the goal of his life. Very sad.

Semi related: This picture was on the link posted above. Check out the uncanny resemblance between Obama today and his (white) grandfather then.

[url]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/454/slide_454_11193_large.jpg[/url]

Maybe we should change the name of this thread... :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2840128]Did she? I didn't hear that. I knew she was really sick.

Too bad; she didn't even get to see the election results. My sympathies to the Obamas.[/QUOTE]

+1

What a range of emotions he must be feeling.

Sounds like she had been sick for a while so maybe this is a bit of a blessing, but the timing is tough since she won't see her grandson likely achieve this monumental accomplishment. On the other hand, she also won't be subject to his estate tax plan since it hasn't been enacted yet.

R.I.P.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2840148]Maybe we should change the name of this thread... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I agree. While everyone speculates on last minute surprises I highly doubt Obama had anything to do with her death. He doesn't need the sympathy vote with an election eve surprise.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2840153]I agree. While everyone speculates on last minute surprises [B]I highly doubt Obama had anything to do with her death.[/B] He doesn't need the sympathy vote with an election eve surprise.[/QUOTE]

Ya think? :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2840153]I agree. While everyone speculates on last minute surprises I highly doubt Obama had anything to do with her death. He doesn't need the sympathy vote with an election eve surprise.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone's getting your sarcasm.

And, I don't think Grandma Dunham had an estate in excess of $3.5 million that warrant paying estate taxes under Obama's plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2840160]Ya think? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

C'mon man. Even the Lefties wouldn't stoop that low.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2840166]I don't think anyone's getting your sarcasm.

And, I don't think Grandma Dunham had an estate in excess of $3.5 million that warrant paying estate taxes under Obama's plan.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone does. ;) You're probably right about the estate tax.....but I'd say there's still a 70% chance she somehow votes tomorrow.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-03-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2840153]I highly doubt Obama had anything to do with her death. [/QUOTE]

So you think there is a small chance he off-ed her?:eek:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2840168];)[/QUOTE]

In line with:

"so when did you stop beating your wife?"

or

"Lets assume for a second that Obama was a secret Muslim agent....what kind of recourse would we have?"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2840169]So you think there is a small chance he off-ed her?:eek:[/QUOTE]

About the same chance as McCain hiding Bin Laden in his basement until 11:00 p.m. tonight. In other words, zero.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-03-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2840172]About the same chance as McCain hiding Bin Laden in his basement until 11:00 p.m. tonight.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's totally ridiculous and irrational. Its irresponsible for you to even say stuff like that. seriously.

if anyone would be doing that it would be Cheney.

and i was thinking more along the lines of an international incident with Russia. perhaps exploding a small tactical device somewhere like....the Ukraine. They'd go along with it in exchange for entrance into NATO.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2840181]Dude, that's totally ridiculous and irrational. Its irresponsible for you to even say stuff like that. seriously.[/QUOTE]

Nice. You're lucky my sarcasm detectors are very sensitive. Some people really believe that stuff though.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2805694&postcount=1[/url]

[QUOTE=crasherino;2840181]

if anyone would be doing that it would be Cheney.

and i was thinking more along the lines of an international incident with Russia. perhaps exploding a small tactical device somewhere like....the Ukraine. They'd go along with it in exchange for entrance into NATO.[/QUOTE]

The day isn't over yet! And....don't stare directly into the light.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2840172]About the same chance as McCain hiding Bin Laden in his basement until 11:00 p.m. tonight.[/QUOTE]

He's walk out the door McCain forgot to lock.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2840191]He's walk out the door McCain forgot to lock.[/QUOTE]

Better questions....from which of McCain's houses would he walk out? How long would it take for Obama to track him down, sit at a table and negotiate with him? Would he get foreclosure assistance from our gov't. after being evicted from his cave?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-03-2008 at 06:20 PM.