Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL (with apologies to Warfish) 2008 ELECTION THREAD

Congrats to the US for voting in your first non white President.

I don't think a mans color means a damn thing in the grand scheme of things, but many in the world will view this as a step forward for the US.

I hope he is able to bring your country back to the point where Mr Clinton left it. :yes:

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842723]Why kill him?[/QUOTE]

If his life is over anyway. He killed innocent people. If he has no chance of partaking in society again, then what's the difference. I'm not sure.

[QUOTE=HessStation;2842728]If his life is over anyway. He killed innocent people. If he has no chance of partaking in society again, then what's the difference. I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

You can't re-try innocent people.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;2842727]
    I hope he is able to bring your country back to the point where Mr Clinton left it. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Now I understand why everyone hates you.

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/smbrinich/Humor/election-outcome.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842719]Yes. Keep him away for life. The state's job is to keep us away from violent criminals, not to enact revenge.

I'd be pretty upset if my life was made better by putting someone to death. Simply removing him from society is enough. He's already dead to me.[/QUOTE]

So you'd rather pay for a scumbag like that to spend the rest of his life in prison? When it is much easier to kill him and less costly ;) because he really does not deserve to live if he is a serial killer, or a child molester.
    Last edited by jets1028; 11-04-2008 at 10:21 PM.

BB if someone killed your wife, you would prefer he was left in jail rather then put to death for his actions?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842729]You can't re-try innocent people.[/QUOTE]

exactly. [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842719]... He's already dead to me.[/QUOTE] you said it yourself he's already dead to society.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842714]another thing -- people who do heroin are not attractive. i'd rather my kid's first experience with heroin be some homeless scrub who has nothing going for him than through a party with friends where it seems cool and exciting[/QUOTE]

True, but you would have junkies running rampant, not that they don't now, but there would be staggering numbers.

You'd have to be even more worried about simply letting your kids go outside and play. Want to sell your house? Think you're going to get market value in a neighborhood that has been ambushed by dope fiends?

Not to mention, many drug users are violent. No one cares about potheads. I think all of us, or atleast a nice sized majority have been there and done that. No one is worried about a stoner sticking a knife in their throat over pocket change. However, that kind of sh*t happens all the time with bottom of the barrell junkies.

[QUOTE=jets1028;2842732]So you'd rather pay for a scumbad like that to spend the rest of his life in prison? When it is much easier to kill him and less costly ;) because he really does not deserve to live if he is a serial killer, or a child molester.[/QUOTE]

It's not up to me or anyone else to decide if he lives or not. You think killing someone is cheaper, eh?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2842730]Now I understand why everyone hates you.[/QUOTE]

Clinton was a great President who left office with your country in great shape. Hate me or not. :yes:

[QUOTE=Mike D;2842733]BB if someone killed your wife, you would prefer he was left in jail rather then put to death for his actions?[/QUOTE]

That would be a decision based out of emotion and I don't believe our society should make decisions like that.

Regardless, my life needs fulfillment if the death of another brings me joy. Only I can fix myself, other people can't.

[QUOTE=Mike D;2842733]BB if someone killed your wife, you would prefer he was left in jail rather then put to death for his actions?[/QUOTE]

well, I would hope my government doesn't act as emotionally as I would

[QUOTE=HessStation;2842734]exactly. you said it yourself he's already dead to society.[/QUOTE]

He's dead to me. That doesn't mean he's dead. It means I wouldn't receive pleasure in him living or dying, so I would not want to kill him.

And exactly -- we convict innocents sometimes. You can't re-try a dead innocent.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;2842738]Clinton was a great President who left office with your country in great shape. Hate me or not. :yes:[/QUOTE]

He cut taxes and worked with Republican Congress. Obama will be working with a Democrat controlled Congress to raise taxes and discourage business growth. Big difference.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2842744]He cut taxes and worked with Republican Congress. Obama will be working with a Democrat controlled Congress to raise taxes and discourage business growth. Big difference.[/QUOTE]

Clinton cut taxes? LOL

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2842744]He cut taxes and worked with Republican Congress. Obama will be working with a Democrat controlled Congress to raise taxes and discourage business growth. Big difference.[/QUOTE]

that's actually their motto....yeesh...

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842743]He's dead to me. That doesn't mean he's dead. It means I wouldn't receive pleasure in him living or dying, so I would not want to kill him.

And exactly -- we convict innocents sometimes. You can't re-try a dead innocent.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the dead innocent victim.

You make a fair point

[QUOTE=HessStation;2842748]Sorry, I thought you were taking about the dead innocent victim.

You make a fair point[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should've been more clear

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2842736]It's not up to me or anyone else to decide if he lives or not. You think killing someone is cheaper, eh?[/QUOTE]

It's up to the same people who sentence him to prison..Yes it is cheaper. Call me what you want. But why should i have to pay my taxes for a man who kills innocent people, or kills children, for life in prison? When he should be put to death to begin with for the disgusting crimes he has committed. Doesn't seem fair. There should be no charity cases for people like that, nobody should pay their money for them to live.