Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL (with apologies to Warfish) 2008 ELECTION THREAD

Banned
    Screw Exit Polls! I'll Never Trust Them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Exit Polls!
    Democratic cuss word!

Banned
    Huge lines in Orlando, FL

Did anyone else have to wait in line? I breezed right through.

All Pro

Exclamation

DO NOT FORWARD – OFF THE RECORD

STATE EXIT POLL RESULTS
    *THE RESULTS CANNOT BE USED UNTIL AFTER THE POLLS CLOSE IN EACH STATE.

VIRGINIA- POLL CLOSE: 7:00 PM

• 22% of the vote is African American and Obama is winning 91% of it.

• Among white voters, 58% are backing McCain, while 41% are supporting Obama. In 2004, Kerry won 32% of the vote here while Bush won 68% of it.

• 72% disapprove of the job Bush is doing; only 27% approve.

• More than half of voters think McCain will continue Bush’s policies; fewer think he will take the country in a different direction.

• Obama is winning the support of both men and women, but white men and white women are backing McCain.

• Among whites, one in five said race was a factor in their vote today and they backed Mccain.

• More blacks (4 in 10) said race was a factor and they voted overwhelmingly for Obama.

• Obama looks to be improving on Kerry’s margins in Northern Virginia.

• Most voters say McCain as the candidate on the attack: nearly 7 in 10 say he attacked Obama unfairly; fewer than half say Obama attacked McCain unfairly.

INDIANA - POLL CLOSE: 7:00 PM

• The economy is the top issue here (as it is nationally) and Obama appears to be benefitting from that. Among economy voters, Obama 56% to 43%.

• White working class (those without a college degree and earn less than $50K) are backing Obama slightly over McCain by 51% to 48%.

• Men are divided in their support, while Obama has the advantage with women.

• 42% of voters are white evangelicals, up from 35% in 2004. McCain is getting 68% of their support. Bush captured 77% of the vote in 2004.

• 35% of voters in IN were looking for a candidate who could bring about change, while almost as many (33%) were looking for someone who shares their values. The change voters are supporting Obama, while the values voters are supporting McCain.

GEORGIA - - POLL CLOSE: 7:00 PM

• 30% of voters are African American (up from 25% in 2004) and 97% are backing Obama.

• Whites are backing McCain by about the same margin they supported Bush in 2004.

• The top candidate quality was values, closely followed by change. Those who selected values as the most important quality backed McCain, while the change voters supported Obama.

NORTH CAROLINA - POLL CLOSE: 7:30 PM

• 22% of voters were African American (26% in 2004) and Obama is getting 97% of their vote. As expected, an improvement on Kerry’s performance four years ago.

• White voters are backing McCain by 62% to 37%.

• 11% of voters in NC are new voters, voting for the first time this year, they too have the economy on their minds and 3 in 4 of them are backing Obama.

• Change and values are nearly tied for the #1 quality. Obama wins the change people, while McCain takes the values people.

OHIO - POLL CLOSE: 7:30 PM
    • 86% are worried about the direction of the economy, including more than half who are very worried. (Obama is getting the support of those worried voters.)
    • Hillary Clinton won the primary here, and Obama is getting the support of 82% of Democrats who backed her in that contest. 16% are backing McCain.

• 12% of voters in Ohio are black, up from 10% in 2004. 98% of them are backing Obama.

• Both white women and white women are going for McCain.

• More voters see view Obama has a candidate who is in touch with people like them, while more voters see McCain has having the experience to serve effectively as president.

• Still, 4 in 10 Ohio voters think Obama’s positions on the issues are too liberal.

PENNSYLVANIA - POLL CLOSE: 8:00 PM

• A quarter of voters in PA are white Catholics and they are splitting their votes. Kerry lost these voters to Bush by 48% to 52%.

• Seniors are one-fifth of the electorate and just over half are backing Obama. These voters narrowly backed Kerry by 51% to 48% in 2004.

• Obama is getting about two-thirds of the support of voters age 18-29. Kerry won 60% of them in 2004.

• Most voters in the Keystone state made up their minds long ago, but among those who decided in the last week (just over 1 in 10 voters), they are narrowly backing McCain by 51% to 47%.

FLORIDA- POLL CLOSE: 8:00 PM

• 13% of voters here were Hispanics (15% in 2004) and they are breaking for Obama by 55% to 45%. This is a reversal from 2004 when Hispanics backed Bush by 56% to 44%.

• Seniors (24% of voters) are backing McCain over Obama by 53% 46%. In 2004 Bush edged out Kerry by 51% to 48%.

• 13% of voters are African American in Florida and they and 95% are backing Obama.

• White men and white women are backing McCain.

• McCain wins on experience here, while more voters see Obama as being more in touch with people like them.

8:00 MISSOURI

Young voters (19% of voters) are backing Obama; while seniors (17% of voters) give McCain the edge.

White evangelical are 38% of the vote in Missouri and they are backing McCain by 67% to 32%. Not as strong a showing as Bush in 2004.

All Pro
    NATIONAL EXIT POLL RESULTS

*FOR USE BEFORE THE POLLS CLOSE, STARTING AT 5PM

• Three in four voters say the country is off on the wrong track. Right direction 20% Wrong track 76%

• Most disapprove of the job George W. Bush is doing as President. Bush approval: Appr: 27% Disappr: 71%

• Voters are even more disillusioned with Congress. Congress approval Appr: 24% Disapp: 73%

• More than 6 in 10 cite the economy as the most important issue – far outdistancing any other issue.

• Moreover, more than 9 in 10 voters think the economy is in bad shape. And more than 8 in 10 are worried abut the direction the economy will take in the next year.

• 8 in 10 voters are worried that the economic crisis will harm their family’s finances, including half who are very worried.

• A third of voters today (36%) were looking for a candidate who can bring needed change, but almost as many (30%) were looking for someone who shared their values.

• Few voters made up their minds late in the campaign – about one in 10 decided in the last week. Most decided on their choice a while ago.

• Nationally, more voters see McCain as the candidate on the attack (66%); fewer (48%) say Obama has attacked McCain unfairly.

• 57% think Obama is in touch with people like themselves, 4-% think McCain is.

• 50% think Obama has the experience to serve effectively as president, 60% think McCain does.

FOR USE AFTER 8PM
    *THESE NUMBERS MAY HAVE UPDATED SINCE THIS MEMO, PLEASE CHECK*

• Obama has slight edge with men, while women are backing Obama by 57% to 41%. McCain has an edge with married women, while 7 in 10 single women are supporting Obama.

• Blacks are 13% of voters, up from 11% in 2004. They are voting 96% Obama, 3% McCain.

• Whites are voting for McCain by 53% to 45%. White men and white women are breaking for McCain but white women are backing the Republican by a narrower margin than white men.

• Hispanics are backing Obama over McCain by 68% to 30% - Kerry won the support of 53% of Hispanics in 2004.

• Young people (age 18 to 29) are 17% of voters and 3 in 4 of them are backing Obama. Young voters’ share of the electorate is similar to what it was in 2004. However, with a higher turnout this percentage could represent more voters.

• Independents are voting 52% Obama, 44% McCain.

• Race was a factor for 19% of voters (whites, if you have time).

• While most voters were not contacted by either of the campaigns,
    • But among those who were contacted, more were contacted by the Obama campaign to get out and vote than the McCain campaign.

• 10% of voters voted for the first time sometime this year and a solid majority (7 in 10) are supporting Obama.

• 57% think Obama has the right judgment to make a good president, 49% think McCain does.

• About 4 in 10 voters think Sarah Palin is qualified to be president if necessary. Two-thirds think Joe Biden is.
    • Most McCain supporters, however, think Palin is qualified.

• Six in 10 said McCain’s choice of Palin was a factor in their vote, including 4 in 10 who described it as an important factor.

Banned
    Boo Exit Polls!

All Pro
    'exit poll results are extremely pro-Obama' according to my source

All Pro
    Boo Exit Polls!
    you will notice I didn't post any voting patterns/margins... the ones I posted are relevant, no?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Good stuff but whats this mean?

• Obama is winning the support of both men and women, but white men and white women are backing McCain.

Banned
    Anyone just hear what Joe Scarbourough (sp?) said about Florida on MSNBC?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2ฎ View Post
    Good stuff but whats this mean?

Means Obama is kicking tail with blacks and hispanics.

All League
    Took me longer to walk to the polls than it did to vote.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Took me longer to walk to the polls than it did to vote.
    You might be able to afford a car when Obama is president.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Going to miss Russert tonight..

He's normally who I'd watch.. now I got nothing

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanginius View Post
    DO NOT FORWARD – OFF THE RECORD

STATE EXIT POLL RESULTS
    *THE RESULTS CANNOT BE USED UNTIL AFTER THE POLLS CLOSE IN EACH STATE.

VIRGINIA- POLL CLOSE: 7:00 PM

• 22% of the vote is African American and Obama is winning 91% of it.

• Among white voters, 58% are backing McCain, while 41% are supporting Obama. In 2004, Kerry won 32% of the vote here while Bush won 68% of it
    Suggests a 4% Obama win in VA..

Just calling it out to get yer hopes up liberals..

All Pro
    Less than 5 minutes in Alexandria, VA at about 5:30. Was gonna vote Obama but one of his peeps said "Go Eagles" when he saw my Jets' jersey. I don't need that for the next 4 years. So I wrote in Farve.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Less than 5 minutes in Alexandria, VA at about 5:30. Was gonna vote Obama but one of his peeps said "Go Eagles" when he saw my Jets' jersey. I don't need that for the next 4 years. So I wrote in Farve.
    I like it. Leon for VP, Jenkins for Secretary of Defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Anyone just hear what Joe Scarbourough (sp?) said about Florida on MSNBC?
    Why no. Why don't you share with the rest of the class?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2ฎ View Post
    Why no. Why don't you share with the rest of the class?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_141132.html