Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voting Experiences (The Ballot Box)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted very early this morning, but was surprised to see a fair amount of people already in and out. The process went so well I voted twice.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    In and out in about 10 mins this morning in Monmouth County, NJ. It was pretty crowded, but very well organized. Same kind of machine Bit described... the paper over the buttons with little LED lights. It's kind of like a controller for the old Mattel Intellivision video game system.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 11-04-2008 at 10:37 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2841036]In and out in about 10 mins this morning in Monmouth County, NJ. It was pretty crowded, but very well organized. Same kind of machine Bit described... the paper over the buttons with little LED lights. It's kind of like a controller for the old Mattel Intellivision video game system.[/QUOTE]

I lived in Monmouth County in the 90's, LOVED it there!
    Here in the Florida Panhandle it was quicker than 4 years ago, in and out with no line at my polling place. Used the paper ballots connecting the arrow for your choice, very easy. Florida is getting it right so far apparently ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Took me about 20 minutes here in PA; a lot of people. Course my town is pretty hardcore republican.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waited in line no more than 5 minutes. Electronic machines with a dial you turn to your selection and hit enter. At the end you got to review all selections and hit the Submit Ballot button. Very quick and very easy to do.

The lines moved very quickly. The volunteers said that nearly everyone in my District (District 71 - The Woodlands, TX) had their voter registration cards. Makes it much easier that way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Voted at 8AM in Herricks HS today. Was real crowded but the book I had to sign into had about a 15 minute wait. Other books were much less. I think our line was longer because the 2 people working the book were about 80 yrs old.

Voted in the old style booth with levers and a handle to open the curtain that registers the vote. Seems so easy that I don't understand the fuss in other areas with new fangled machines.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    5 minutes at most in Syosset NY. 99 secs were spent by the old guy trying to find my name. Old style both: pull the lever to close the curtain, flick the toggle switches, and pull the lever to open the curtain & register the vote. When I got out of the booth there was no one in line behind me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No line whatsoever at 9:00 am this morning in Rhode Island. How come it only seems to be the batleground states that have the problems?

I'll let you know how it goes in Ohio and Penn when I vote there later.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was supposed to have the pull lever, close curtain, flip toggle switch, pull lever, open curtain.

But my name wasn't in the books so I had to fill out one of those affidavit votes...very upsetting....I wanted to be in a booth haha!