Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Enjoy it Dems, you just elected the least qualified president in American history

Excellent X-man.

Let me tell you something though, item #1 will of "change" will be more of the same - blame (prosecute) all things Bush. It's part of the left's playbook, from Lenin to Alinsky.

Before you scoff, remember: vengeance dressed as "hope" and "change" is what got Obama and the Dems elected - and not exquisite plans for good governance. There are none.

I think we're going to see divisiveness rise to a level no living American has witnessed.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2843064]Excellent X-man.

Let me tell you something though, item #1 will of "change" will be more of the same - blame (prosecute) all things Bush. It's part of the left's playbook, from Lenin to Alinsky.

Before you scoff, remember: vengeance dressed as "hope" and "change" is what got Obama and the Dems elected - and not exquisite plans for good governance. There are none.

I think we're going to see divisiveness rise to a level no living American has witnessed.[/QUOTE]

scoff

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

[B]
    I think we're going to see divisiveness rise to a level no living American has witnessed.[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see you're already hard at work on that one..

The legacy of Dennis Hastert, Tom Delay and the Republican 2001-2004 Congress is just as much as the President's is Barack Obama.

But Obama faces an ever greater risk- that of heightened expectations. History has shown that those who rise on the broad appeal of one's promises are eventually the victims of the frustration of unfulfilled promises. I wish him the best of luck.

I have many friends in the military tonight who view the future with uncertainty, they fear that victory in Iraq may be jeopardized within sight of the final goal, they also see uncertainty regarding the future of the armed forces- many of them remember the Carter Administration and what his promises of change meant to it.

But I find myself telling them that this is a new era. The Clinton and Bush dynasties have ended. At least for the next four years. On inauguration day, I will probably witness the transfer of the national nuclear command briefcase to a soon to be President Obama and will prepare briefings for his appointed members as they come in to replace the President's appointees.

I will probably have to travel again to the Middle East and Latin America as part of the staff to assure allies and convince our adversaries that the Obama Administration will maintain the nation's interests. But as a 30 year old that started as a White House intern and eventually got into policymaking and having been worn down by 8 years of war, numerous bureaucratic inter-agency and congressional struggles and the exhaustive demands of helping those on the battlefield directly, I had planned anyway to return to finishing my long deferred Ph.D. and starting my family with my more than patient wife of two years early next year.

Befroe and after I leave Washington, I will entrust my nation's fate to my commander in chief. I may not be in the ring anymore, but I will do my best to serve my President when and if called upon.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 11-05-2008 at 12:35 AM.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;2843136]The legacy of Dennis Hastert, Tom Delay and the Republican 2001-2004 Congress is just as much as the President's is Barack Obama.

But Obama faces an ever greater risk- that of heightened expectations. History has shown that those who rise on the broad appeal of one's promises are eventually the victims of the frustration of unfulfilled promises. I wish him the best of luck.

I have many friends in the military tonight who view the future with uncertainty, they fear that victory in Iraq may be jeopardized within sight of the final goal, they also see uncertainty regarding the future of the armed forces- many of them remember the Carter Administration and what his promises of change meant to it.

But I find myself telling them that this is a new era. The Clinton and Bush dynasties have ended. At least for the next four years. On inauguration day, I will probably witness the transfer of the national nuclear command briefcase to a soon to be President Obama and will prepare briefings for his appointed members as they come in to replace the President's appointees.

I will probably have to travel again to the Middle East and Latin America as part of the staff to assure allies and convince our adversaries that the Obama Administration will maintain the nation's interests. But as a 30 year old that has been worn down by 8 years of war, numerous bureaucratic inter-agency and congressional struggles and the exhaustive demands of helping those on the battlefield directly, I had planned anyway to return to finishing my long deferred Ph.D. and starting my family with my more than patient wife of two years early next year.

Befroe and after I leave Washington, I will entrust my nation's fate to my commander in chief. I may not be in the ring anymore, but I will do my best to serve my President when and if called upon.[/QUOTE]

I think you might have the coolest job out of everyone on this board. By far.

Best of luck to you, and your family, and completing your PhD.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2843143]I think you might have the coolest job out of everyone on this board. By far.

Best of luck to you, and your family, and completing your PhD.[/QUOTE]

Paulie, I just tried to do my best to defend the country. I have lost friends to war, made some enemies and tried to fight for what I believed in in the arena.

I find myself reflecting on the past decade.....

I began an internship at the twilight of the Clinton Administration, I found myself totally committed to fighting two wars, one of which I did not originally support and then tried to do my best to help those in in harm's way as a result of those decisions working in the Bush Administration.

I had often sacrificed my health and my personal goals because I had become obsessed with the idea of not stopping until our forces were no longer in harm's way and thie rmission acomplished. But I found that I could not sacrifice my family and its future forever.

Working in government is mentally and physically exhuasting. In an age where partisanship is so common and people like myself sought to limit the effects of that partisanship on the course of two wars and our national security policy, many enemies on both sides were made by me and my associates. My only regret is leaving my friends in uniform who suported me and inspired me behind.

I had already been approached by a few Obama representatives to stay on as an advisor to whoever his SecDef will be. But it's time for me to begin my "hope and change" phase, I plan to be moving to NYC soon and going to either Princeton, Columbia or Harvard. I'll drop by the old office and check up on everyone and help out when needed. Sometimes I think have almost nine years to catch up on. Obama winning tonight has given me a reflective, almost pensive mood.

I feel melancholy that an era of effort is comming to an end and the excitement of a new phase of my life about to begin. I can imagine that Obama must be feeling 100X what I must be right now. I can also say that I have similar feelings to those of John McCain's right now. It would have been an honor to have also served a legendary American hero.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 11-05-2008 at 12:59 AM.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;2843167]Paulie, I just tried to do my best to defend the country. I have lost friends to war, made some enemies and tried to fight for what I believed in in the arena.

I began an internship at the twilight of the Clinton Administration, I found myself totally committed to fighting two wars, one of which I did not originally support and then tried to do my best to help those in in harm's way as a result of those decisions working in the Bush Administration.

I had often sacrificed my health and my personal goals because I had become obsessed with the idea of not stopping until our forces were no longer in harm's way and thie rmission acomplished. But I found that I could not sacrifice my family and its future forever.

Working in government is mentally and physically exhuasting. In an age where partisanship is so common and people like myself sought to limit the effects of that partisanship on the course of two wars and our national security policy, many enemies on both sides were made by me and my associates. My only regret is leaving my friends in uniform who suported me and inspired me behind.

I had already been approached by a few Obama representatives to stay on as an advisor to whoever his SecDef will be. But it's time for me to begin my "hope and change" phase, I plan to be moving to NYC soon and going to either Princeton, Columbia or Harvard. I'll drop by the old office and check up on everyone and help out when needed. Sometimes I think have almost nine years to catch up on. Obama winning tonight has given me a reflective, almost pensive mood.

I feel melancholy that an era of effort is comming to an end and the excitement of a new phase of my life about to begin. I can imagine that Obama must be feeling 100X what I must be right now. I can also say that I have similar feelings to those of John McCain's right now. It would have been an honor to have also served a legendary American hero.[/QUOTE]

Well, like I thanked McCain, I thank you for sacrificing your own personal interests and fighting for your principles, for your ideals, and for the good of the country.

Best of luck to you as you turn the page to a new chapter in life.

[QUOTE=Equilibrium;2843167]Paulie, I just tried to do my best to defend the country. I have lost friends to war, made some enemies and tried to fight for what I believed in in the arena.

I feel melancholy that an era of effort is comming to an end and the excitement of a new phase of my life about to begin. I can imagine that Obama must be feeling 100X what I must be right now. I can also say that I have similar feelings to those of John McCain's right now. It would have been an honor to have also served a legendary American hero.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck to you and your wife. I'll most certainly keep you updated on my progress and I hope you'll do the same with yours.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CTjetfan52;2842677]Astounding, really.

Xing:

Your rant is kind of pathetic, vitriolic and confusing. You want Obama
    supporters to state their reasons for supporting the candidate albeit
    one with limited political experience. The thread goes on for 9 pages
    where we discover that your elected president, GW Bush, after 8 years in
    office, will go down in History as the President who will be most remembered
    for giving the [B]most financial aid to Africa[/B].

Here's one reason I support Obama: He voted against invading Iraq.

Spare me the revisionist spew. There are reams of documents proving
    without a shadow of a doubt that Bush, pushed by America's Biggest
    Dick- Cheney -and his neocon imbeciles, manufactured reasons to
    invade Iraq. No plan for managing the invasion, no exit strategy-"I don't
    do quagmires" said Dumsfeld (Along with "shock and awe", "we'll be greeted
    as liberators"....on and on...) This as just ONE example of a President with
    no vision, restraint, diplomatic capabilities, or concern for his own country.

Read the interview with Brent Scowcroft who went on record as being a
    very vocal opponent of GW Bush's hubris and the ensuing mess which
    has ensued. This, again, as just one small example of what I consider to be the tragedy
    of the last 8 years for this country and my fellow citizens.

You come off as a whining puke-about 26 years old-who knows little
    or nothing about the consequences of political missteps. Have any friends
    who served in Vietnam? Old enough to know anything about Korea?

My grandfather served as a pilot trainer in WWI. My Uncle was wounded
    in the Battle of the Bulge (that's WWII if you don't know), My father served
    in the Counter Intelligence Corp during Korea. My Great x10 Grandfather
    served in the militia and was wounded during King Philips War(also called
    Metacom's Rebellion). Here's a little quote or two about that war which few,
    if any, know about "[I]King Philip’s War resulted in the destruction of families and communities, Native and colonist alike, throughout New England. It took decades for the colonists to recover from the loss of life, the property damage and the huge military expenditures.

The war was devastating for Native Peoples. Entire families were sold into slavery abroad; others were forced to become servants locally. The Wampanoag had to adapt aspects of their culture to survive; their political independence ended. Nevertheless, Native Peoples continued to live in Plymouth Colony. Many maintained tribal ties and a strong sense of community."[/I]

I have numerous ancestors on both my father's and mother's side who fought
    in the American Revolution and the Civil War. There is a road near my home
    that utilizes our surname because it was there "The Nineteenth Regiment assembled on August 19 at Camp Dutton, on Chestnut Hill, east of Litchfield. The camp was named in honor of Lt. Henry M. Dutton of the Fifth Connecticut Volunteers who had fallen at Cedar Mountain only ten days before...."

If there is [B]ONE THING[/B] my family has shared with me, [B]ONE THING[/B]
    it is military service and engagemant is an honor and not to be taken lightly.
    I personally find the fact that neither Bush, Cheney or Rumsfeld or Rove or
    Feith or Wolfowitz EVER served their country. NEVER. Yet, they engaged our Country, it's resources and it's young men and women, in a senseless crusade. Geogr HW Bush, the Senior, did not attack Iraq. Colin Powell split
    from GW Bush's regime when he knew where they were headed and who was leading the charge.

You want to rant about winning an election and think your guy has led this
    country honorably for 8 years? You need to wake up and realize that the
    current administration has been a disaster for this country and it's people
    (not to mention the people of Iraq). Get over yourself and your pathetic,
    puny partisan bickering and be human enough to admit that George Bush
    and his cronies have been gutless cowards in their inability to separate
    right from wrong, fact from fiction, leadership from ineptitude.

The smart people have distanced themselves long ago from these idiots-
    look at the long list of seasoned high ranking military officials who have
    publicly denounced Bush/Cheney (which is akin to career suicide yet the
    morally correct thing to do).

You wanted a reason to support Obama, I gave you one and my own
    personal reasons for believing that that one vote was enough for me to
    want him as our President.

What you gave us was a few paragraphs of whining spew about the least
    qualified President. I'd argue that A) he may not be qualified but at least he's
    not an idiot and that B) it takes a real man with a real heart and mind to
    know when he's unqualified and to seek the wise counsel of those with more
    experience. You might try the same.[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Great post

[QUOTE]WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANTED ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF WAR AND RECESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Please enlighten us as to how the recession will end under Obama? Or how the war in Iraq would end any faster than it will under the security agreement Bush is passing now? It's okay you don't have to answer those questions if they intimidate you Vinny but you could post another picture of a baby to show us how funny you are. :yes:

I think we're going to see divisiveness rise to a level no living American has witnessed.[/QUOTE]

At the very least Obama won't have his rubber stamp Congress and the Republicans will be able to stall or defeat some of his bills, but 56 to 40/43 is not a good situation for the GOP by any means. All of this dribble about bipartisanship he's spewing won't hold up for long when Reid and Pelosi start sending bills to his office, let's hope he isn't the partisan hack we all think he is.

[QUOTE=isired;2843019]i've got news for you, xing - look at the map - it ain't just democrats who elected obama.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm aware, he won the popular vote too which is something the Democrats haven't done in awhile.

[QUOTE]Xing,
    Thanks for the reply. Obama would have voted against the war.
    He is against it as many others were. Let's not get too technical here.
    You got my point. Bush forced a very bad agenda on the people of this country.[/QUOTE]

Right but Obama voted for all of his spending bills on Iraq after that point.

[QUOTE]Plenty of other despots around the world. ( I personally would
    shoot Robert Mugabe in the head or occupy Burma for no other reason
    than we WOULD be treated as liberators-both of those countries-Zimbabwe
    and Myanmar-are begging for democracy). I simply believe a guy like B.O.
    might have paused long and hard and worked with the much larger international community
    before commiting the people and resources to an endless quagmire in Iraq.[/QUOTE]

You would have preferred going into Zimbabwe or Burma over Iraq? In comparison to the war in Vietnam the level of violence and resistance to an American occupation was infinitely less, and Zimbabwe's leader has thousands of willing ZANU-PF revolutionaries at his disposal to wage guerrilla war just as he did against the Rhodesian government. Saddam was the worst of these three, and even though I didn't support going into Iraq there was a reason we went to war with him in 1991 and bombed him in 1998.

[QUOTE]Obama is a thoughtful, intelligent person.[/QUOTE]

Right, but that doesn't mean anything. Plenty of sh*tty leaders had absolutely fascinating personalities, Obama has four years to prove he's not an empty suit.

[QUOTE]George Bush is not. I'm sorry if you don't agree but it is a simple truth and it has had unbearable consequences.[/QUOTE]

What consequences? Obama's quote about his vote on the surge and the fact he voted present over 100 times in the State Senate indicate that he isn't willing to make tough decisions, hopefully his advisers will help him with that.

[QUOTE]Your rhetoric that Bush has fixed something that has allowed the troops to
    win the war is hollow, simplistic and completely unsupportable by fact.[/QUOTE]

Except for the part where it is completely supported by facts. A 90% drop in violence, provincial elections being held, increase in oil and electrical production from pre-war levels, and all of this as we are drawing down troops.

[QUOTE]Our countrymen are dying there today, tomorrow and for the forseeable future with no exit strategy in place, no thriving Iraqi government or democracy in place. Meanwhile we are undermanned in Afghanistan where
    the Al Queda movement was born and continues to grow. We have inflamed
    and enraged the entire muslim world, completely alienated our long-standing
    European allies and tarnished our reputation arond the world (not to mention
    bankrupting our own economy).[/QUOTE]

I think you are over exaggerating our position on the so called world stage, our situation in Iraq has a definite end in sight under the new security agreement (2011) and our situation in Afghanistan can be remedied with an increase in troops and a change in tactics. There's no point comparing Iraq and Afghanistan, but some of the lessons U.S troops learned in Iraq can be applied to defeating the Taliban in Afghanistan. We have seen that political reconciliation will not work, the Pakistani government tries that to no avail, but if we can split the Afghan Taliban from the larger al-Qaeda network as NATO is trying now then this war may see another turnaround. As for our reputation in the world, I wouldn't worry about that for the next four years, I never cared what other nations thought of us but there's no doubting they love us now.

[QUOTE]I don't really care if people like or dislike our next president. I'd appreciate
    if people would not make assumptions about him (as you said he voted
    present 100x. I have no idea, nor do you, what he'll really do.) My rant in
    response to your rant was a simple one: a reasoned person might have
    not attacked a sovreign country, without REALLY good reasons and without the true, deep support of our allies, without deep consultation first. I truly
    believe, which is supported by credible evidence, that Bush rushed to war.
    My hope is that Barack Obama is not this type of leader. I'm deeply and gravely concerned for the well-being of the entire free world and sense
    we need compassionate, intelligent people making the big decisions.[/QUOTE]

Obama wants to green light bombing targets in Pakistan in this war; I completely support this decision but would you considering your politics?

[QUOTE]We've seen enough killing. We need to move the whole thing in a new direction. Your Irish heritage, and mine, also informs us that tribal conflict
    is as deep as humanity. The Irish(and the Scots, the English-before the Norman conquest-the Iraqis, Palestinians, the Tibetans.....the list goes on and on throughout History) don't like being occupied and will fight to the death to overthrow the occupiers. It's pretty straight forward. Occupiers
    get thrown out eventually. Empires collapse because of Hubris.[/QUOTE]

Not in Northern Ireland or Scotland evidently, or in Tibet. Tribal societies may have disliked occupation but the Iraqis are aware that our mission ends in 2011, perhaps prior to that depending on the nuances of our withdrawal deadline dates and have made great strides in taking country of their country. There is no reason to pessimistic about Iraq of all places right now, Afghanistan is a different story and while the Afghans hate the Taliban they are growing tired of our presence in their country too. The problem is we need to prevent both nations from becoming safe havens for terrorists, in one U.S troops have done everything they can and succeeded, in another they are outnumbered and without enough support of their NATO allies.

[QUOTE]My grandfather, the WWI pilot trainer, said the solution to all global conflict is trade. I believe it.[/QUOTE]

Capitalist and/or democratic nations rarely, if ever, wage war on another nation of their kind so I'd agree with you. Obama's comments over NAFTA and Columbian Free Trade concern me though as to the difference between free and "fair" trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=CTjetfan52;2842677]Astounding, really.

Xing:

Your rant is kind of pathetic, vitriolic and confusing. You want Obama
    supporters to state their reasons for supporting the candidate albeit
    one with limited political experience. The thread goes on for 9 pages
    where we discover that your elected president, GW Bush, after 8 years in
    office, will go down in History as the President who will be most remembered
    for giving the [B]most financial aid to Africa[/B].

Here's one reason I support Obama: He voted against invading Iraq.

Spare me the revisionist spew. There are reams of documents proving
    without a shadow of a doubt that Bush, pushed by America's Biggest
    Dick- Cheney -and his neocon imbeciles, manufactured reasons to
    invade Iraq. No plan for managing the invasion, no exit strategy-"I don't
    do quagmires" said Dumsfeld (Along with "shock and awe", "we'll be greeted
    as liberators"....on and on...) This as just ONE example of a President with
    no vision, restraint, diplomatic capabilities, or concern for his own country.

Read the interview with Brent Scowcroft who went on record as being a
    very vocal opponent of GW Bush's hubris and the ensuing mess which
    has ensued. This, again, as just one small example of what I consider to be the tragedy
    of the last 8 years for this country and my fellow citizens.

You come off as a whining puke-about 26 years old-who knows little
    or nothing about the consequences of political missteps. Have any friends
    who served in Vietnam? Old enough to know anything about Korea?

My grandfather served as a pilot trainer in WWI. My Uncle was wounded
    in the Battle of the Bulge (that's WWII if you don't know), My father served
    in the Counter Intelligence Corp during Korea. My Great x10 Grandfather
    served in the militia and was wounded during King Philips War(also called
    Metacom's Rebellion). Here's a little quote or two about that war which few,
    if any, know about "[I]King Philip’s War resulted in the destruction of families and communities, Native and colonist alike, throughout New England. It took decades for the colonists to recover from the loss of life, the property damage and the huge military expenditures.

The war was devastating for Native Peoples. Entire families were sold into slavery abroad; others were forced to become servants locally. The Wampanoag had to adapt aspects of their culture to survive; their political independence ended. Nevertheless, Native Peoples continued to live in Plymouth Colony. Many maintained tribal ties and a strong sense of community."[/I]

I have numerous ancestors on both my father's and mother's side who fought
    in the American Revolution and the Civil War. There is a road near my home
    that utilizes our surname because it was there "The Nineteenth Regiment assembled on August 19 at Camp Dutton, on Chestnut Hill, east of Litchfield. The camp was named in honor of Lt. Henry M. Dutton of the Fifth Connecticut Volunteers who had fallen at Cedar Mountain only ten days before...."

If there is [B]ONE THING[/B] my family has shared with me, [B]ONE THING[/B]
    it is military service and engagemant is an honor and not to be taken lightly.
    I personally find the fact that neither Bush, Cheney or Rumsfeld or Rove or
    Feith or Wolfowitz EVER served their country. NEVER. Yet, they engaged our Country, it's resources and it's young men and women, in a senseless crusade. Geogr HW Bush, the Senior, did not attack Iraq. Colin Powell split
    from GW Bush's regime when he knew where they were headed and who was leading the charge.

You want to rant about winning an election and think your guy has led this
    country honorably for 8 years? You need to wake up and realize that the
    current administration has been a disaster for this country and it's people
    (not to mention the people of Iraq). Get over yourself and your pathetic,
    puny partisan bickering and be human enough to admit that George Bush
    and his cronies have been gutless cowards in their inability to separate
    right from wrong, fact from fiction, leadership from ineptitude.

The smart people have distanced themselves long ago from these idiots-
    look at the long list of seasoned high ranking military officials who have
    publicly denounced Bush/Cheney (which is akin to career suicide yet the
    morally correct thing to do).

You wanted a reason to support Obama, I gave you one and my own
    personal reasons for believing that that one vote was enough for me to
    want him as our President.

What you gave us was a few paragraphs of whining spew about the least
    qualified President. I'd argue that A) he may not be qualified but at least he's
    not an idiot and that B) it takes a real man with a real heart and mind to
    know when he's unqualified and to seek the wise counsel of those with more
    experience. You might try the same.[/QUOTE]

wow.. great post.

i expressed a similiar sentiment a few pages back, albeit in a few paragraphs less and with much weaker examples, but again - anyone who voted for or supported the bush years have NO place in trying to tell the rest of us how 'bad' obama will be for our country.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=sackdance;2843064]I think we're going to see divisiveness rise to a level no living American has witnessed.[/quote]i don't see how ypu can say that - he's working off of a far greater mandate than W ever had.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2842430]Oh man, I wish I could be a real man like VincenzoTesteverde or HitSomeone41 .....[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1570/amberleeettinger2va5.jpg[/IMG]
    [B][SIZE="4"][B]"But you can't."[/B][/SIZE][/B]

:D

[QUOTE=sackdance;2843064]I think we're going to see divisiveness rise to a level no living American has witnessed.[/QUOTE]

Only in your mind my friend. Come outside and feel the love. It's a new day.:)

I guess the rightwingers are turning into whiners?

[QUOTE=FF2®;2843398]Only in your mind my friend. Come outside and feel the love. It's a new day.:)[/QUOTE]

The Bush Administration may well have been the worst bureaucratically managed Presidency in the history of this country. They destroyed the Justice department, the energy department did nothing, Treasury sat back and let the financial system go down the tube, The SEC failed, The education department, health and human services, Interior, FEMA have been run into the dirt all while spending outrageous amounts of money with nothing to show for it.

The outright failed in Afghanistan and have us bogged down in a war going on 7 years with nothing to show for it but dead and wounded while destabilizing Pakistan and turning it into a potential nuclear power and the next home for world terror.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama's, but if the way he has run his campaign is any indication of his management skills, he is head and shoulders more qualified to be President than Bush or McCain.

Elections come down to a choice and the public has overwhelmingly chosen Obama after a 2 year campaign. The idea that we don’t really know this guy or he isn’t qualified based on some theoretical candidate that wasn’t an option is absurd.

I'm not a fan of Obama's tax policy but he is the President elect and while I disagree with him on tax policy I certainly hope he rebuilds the Justice Department, FEMA, the SEC, Treasury, Education, Energy, Defense and State back to prominence. We shouldn't have a place like Guantanamo Bay on our door step our more citizens warehoused in jail than any country in the world and we deserve to have rating agencies give it to us straight or be punished for perpetrating fraud.

While I don't believe in the political philosophy of the left anyone can see that Obama is bright and thoughtful and he won a convincing victory and deserves a chance to lead.

You hit it right on the head.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2843412]The Bush Administration may well have been the worst bureaucratically managed Presidency in the history of this country. They destroyed the Justice department, the energy department did nothing, Treasury sat back and let the financial system go down the tube, The SEC failed, The education department, health and human services, Interior, FEMA have been run into the dirt all while spending outrageous amounts of money with nothing to show for it.

The outright failed in Afghanistan and have us bogged down in a war going on 7 years with nothing to show for it but dead and wounded while destabilizing Pakistan and turning it into a potential nuclear power and the next home for world terror.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama's, but if the way he has run his campaign is any indication of his management skills, he is head and shoulders more qualified to be President than Bush or McCain.

Elections come down to a choice and the public has overwhelmingly chosen Obama after a 2 year campaign. The idea that we don’t really know this guy or he isn’t qualified based on some theoretical candidate that wasn’t an option is absurd.

I'm not a fan of Obama's tax policy but he is the President elect and while I disagree with him on tax policy I certainly hope he rebuilds the Justice Department, FEMA, the SEC, Treasury, Education, Energy, Defense and State back to prominence. We shouldn't have a place like Guantanamo Bay on our door step our more citizens warehoused in jail than any country in the world and we deserve to have rating agencies give it to us straight or be punished for perpetrating fraud.

While I don't believe in the political philosophy of the left anyone can see that Obama is bright and thoughtful and he won a convincing victory and deserves a chance to lead.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Winstonbiggs;2843412]The Bush Administration may well have been the worst bureaucratically managed Presidency in the history of this country. They destroyed the Justice department, the energy department did nothing, Treasury sat back and let the financial system go down the tube, The SEC failed, The education department, health and human services, Interior, FEMA have been run into the dirt all while spending outrageous amounts of money with nothing to show for it.

While I don't believe in the political philosophy of the left anyone can see that Obama is bright and thoughtful and he won a convincing victory and deserves a chance to lead.[/quote]it's well thought-out posts like these that make this forum as great as it is. thanks, biggs.

[QUOTE=cr726;2843402]I guess the rightwingers are turning into whiners?[/QUOTE]

No more so that the left has been these past 8 years. It's the nature of things.