Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoy it Dems, you just elected the least qualified president in American history

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841763]You are one who sighted no terrorist attacks as a Bush "accomplishment" so I guess that was one of Clintons "accomplishments" as well.[/QUOTE]

Well you had the first WTC attack, right. The intention there was to take down one of the towers, but the kook parked his Ryder Truck under the wrong support pillar.

Then there was the Oklahoma City bombing, which was utter destruction. True, it was done by a crazy honkey, but you'd have to wonder if any real post-9/11 security would have stopped him.

Going abroad, during the Clinton years you had the attacks on the USS Cole, the Khobar Towers, and the American embassies in Africa. Clinton also had the opportunity to go after OBL but chose not to.

I'm also a firm believer in the idea that 9/11 took a lot more than 9 months to plan, putting at least some of the responsibility on Clinton.

So, really, on terrorism the "score" certainly isn't 1-1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2841753]More, and more meaningful, aid to Africa than any President int he history of the United States.

I don't like Bush at all, but to claim he didn't do anything good is a bit.....one-sided, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Bush is beloved in Africa. Personally I think he'll be donating most of the time for his ex-presidency to continuing the work he's done there and pushing for more and more aid from future presidents. As much bad as he's done here, he's done so much good for that entire continent. Very refreshing when you actually sit back and see it all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2841768]I give him credit for aid to Africa, although some places (like Somalia) seem to have been hurt more than helped by his actions there. (He wanted to get rid of AQ there, but that move actually left Somalia less stable.)

I also can't help but be amused by Republicans citing foreign aid --something they've spent two decades before Bush trying to eliminate to the greatest extent possible-- as their guy's biggest achievement.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm no Bush Defender, and personally I'm no fan on International Aid generally.

But as ironic as you find it, I find it equally ironic that our money-giving Libs suddenly see no use (or better yet, snipe problems in giving) for the aid that Bush provided to Africa.

Guess hypocricy isn't limited to one party after all, eh? Guess giving away our money to other nations is only a "good" thing when a Democrat does it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2841767]Actully, you were looking for:

I gave you one, an unquestionably good and noble one, and it clearly did not suffice.

As I fully expected it wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

Well if you want to hang you hat on W's accomplishment being giving my money to Africa (Hey, is that redistribution of wealth?) than thats OK.

I would have liked it to be something he did for Americans but your right I didn't specify that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841754]Yes all those wonderful things sure helped out the average American. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Using that logic, the fall of the U.S.S.R was not important because it didn't help the "average American".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2841739]Hey, in Bush's defense, he only had a massive budget surplus, peace, prosperity and total control of congress when he took over. Those are REALLY HARD circumstances in which to get anything done.[/QUOTE]

Massive budget surplus ignores:

1. The WTC bombings and all of the expensive counter-terrorist military ops and government institutions that came as a result
    2. The fact that we were still in debt, the surplus was a freak occurance after most other years being "in the red"
    3. Rise in health care costs

And I'm sure a lot more but why think when DNC talking points are there to regurgitate?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2841669]We haven't had a domestic terror attack since 2001.[/QUOTE]

Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That's spacious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?
    Lisa: It doesn't work.

Homer: Uh-huh.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2841762]One can only doubt you'll be such an avid watchdog of our civil liberties now that Obama is King. Lord knows, you have no issue with outright Govt. theft and redistribution, so I guess those Liberties are "flexable" in your wolrd.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I feel sooooo bad for the rich for their taxes going from 36% to 39%. What a tragedy. By all means, we should continue doing what we are doing and keep tax cuts in place during a time of war while our deficit continually posts higher and higher records.

[QUOTE]So Bush is more liable for this than Clinton eh? Guess I should expect that from a hardcore lefty like you. Let me guess, Clinton hold no responsabillity for 9/11 either, right?[/QUOTE]

Sigh. Every Bush criticism somehow ends up going back to Clinton. But to answer your question, yes he holds some of the responsibility.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2841782]Well you had the first WTC attack, right. The intention there was to take down one of the towers, but the kook parked his Ryder Truck under the wrong support pillar.

Then there was the Oklahoma City bombing, which was utter destruction. True, it was done by a crazy honkey, but you'd have to wonder if any real post-9/11 security would have stopped him.

Going abroad, during the Clinton years you had the attacks on the USS Cole, the Khobar Towers, and the American embassies in Africa. Clinton also had the opportunity to go after OBL but chose not to.

I'm also a firm believer in the idea that 9/11 took a lot more than 9 months to plan, putting at least some of the responsibility on Clinton.

So, really, on terrorism the "score" certainly isn't 1-1.[/QUOTE]

Crazy honkeys do not count. And now you are going abroad? And has Bush "gone after" OBL?

But I digress, we are getting away from the original discussion of W's accomplishment.

So far we have "gave our money to Africa"

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;2841794]Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.

Lisa: That's spacious reasoning, Dad.

Homer: Thank you, dear.

Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.

Homer: Oh, how does it work?
    Lisa: It doesn't work.

Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.

Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?

Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.[/QUOTE]

While I can appreciate a well-timed Simpsons reference, I don't buy into the liberal idea that terrorism is a made-up Republican threat.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841787]Well if you want to hang you hat on W's accomplishment being giving my money to Africa (Hey, is that redistribution of wealth?) than thats OK.

I would have liked it to be something he did for Americans but your right I didn't specify that.[/QUOTE]

I don't hang my hat on anything to do with W. I happen to deeply dislike the guy and the job he's done.

I simply answered your question directly and with facts, and exposed the already obvious.....you weren't interested at all in any "good" he may have actually done, you were simply Bush Bashing.

No worries of course, you're entitled to your hatreds just like anyone else.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What?

The underlying assumption of your post, that there are actual points you are making presumes way too much. Instead, your posting is actually a simple rant -wah, wah, blah, blah - that spews the same jargon that your ranting seems to be directed towards. In any event, it would seem that you have minimized the experience and intellectual capacity of Mr. Obama. Typically, your post is also devoid of any measure of enthusiasm or analysis for your very own candidate at a time, curiously enough, that not one single vote has yet been counted. A rant against Obama seems to be equivalent for a vote for McCain? Perhaps Palin? Wouldn't it be nice to have a VP in the White House who has no idea what the job entails? But, surely you would not vote for such a candidate, not with your keen intellect and ability to make such irrefutable, important points regarding all of the accomplishments of the Bush Administration - an administration that has 28% approval rating across the board in this country.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841788]Using that logic, the fall of the U.S.S.R was not important because it didn't help the "average American".[/QUOTE]

Please list the benefits to the US of the fall of USSR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2841801]While I can appreciate a well-timed Simpsons reference, I don't buy into the liberal idea that terrorism is a made-up Republican threat.[/QUOTE]

if the citizens of NY and Northern Va who were DIRECTLY affected by 9-11 are comfortable with President Obama, then everyone else should be too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2841798]Yes, I feel sooooo bad for the rich for their taxes going from 36% to 39%. What a tragedy. By all means, we should continue doing what we are doing and keep tax cuts in place during a time of war while our deficit continually posts higher and higher records.[/quote]

No, I am quirte sure you're not. You clearly are of the Moran School of Economics:

"....we have been guided by a republican administration who believes in this simplistic notion that people who have wealth are entitled to keep it and they have an antipathy towards the means of redistributing wealth.”

Civil Liberties are ok in your book, right up to the one about owning personal property, eh?

[quote]Sigh. Every Bush criticism somehow ends up going back to Clinton. But to answer your question, yes he holds some of the responsibility.[/QUOTE]

How saintly of you to admit it. Must have killed you to do so...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2841805]I don't hang my hat on anything to do with W. I happen to deeply dislike the guy and the job he's done.

I simply answered your question directly and with facts, and exposed the already obvious.....you weren't interested at all in any "good" he may have actually done, you were simply Bush Bashing.

No worries of course, you're entitled to your hatreds just like anyone else.[/QUOTE]

No hatred at all. (Why do you go there? I can think he's a poor president...I must hate him?) Just simple question of whether he's a been a good president or not. And the fact that you list that as an accomplishment speaks volumes of to his legacy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841793]Massive budget surplus ignores:

1. The WTC bombings and all of the expensive counter-terrorist military ops and government institutions that came as a result
    2. The fact that we were still in debt, the surplus was a freak occurance after most other years being "in the red"
    3. Rise in health care costs

And I'm sure a lot more but why think when DNC talking points are there to regurgitate?[/QUOTE]

1) How did he handle the response to this crisis: By not getting the guy responsible, invading a country wholly unrelated to the attacks, and then botching that. Bang up job right there.

2) Who cares? We're $5 trillion more in debt now. That's on him.

3) And what did he and the congressional majority he controlled for his first six years do about skyrocketing health care costs? Nothing at all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;2841544]Never going to happen. Every single "man in the street" interview that asked Obama supporters what SPECIFIC policy or platform of his they liked about him elicited a blank stare followed by a quasi-sentence build around the word "change."

If Obama wins, he won a pageant, and nothing more.[/QUOTE]

And after weeks of Obama bashing and negative campaigning, anyone actually knows what McCain stands for? Maybe if McCain actually elucidated what he was actually going to do instead of focusing on Obama's platform, he may have had a better chance. Republicans only have themselves to blame as they ran one of the worst campaigns in their history.

And I suspect one reason McCain didn't focus too much on Rev. Wright and William Ayers was his own relationship with G. Gordon Liddy and the backlash that would have created.

"LIDDY: Your experience in the Hanoi Hilton is remarkable. I mean, I put in five years in a prison [for masterminding the Watergate burglary, and associated crimes], but it was here in the United States, and they didn't torture - the only torture that I had was being forced to listen to rap music from time to time.
    McCAIN: Well, you know, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of your family. I'm proud to know your son, Tom, who's a great and wonderful guy. And it's always a pleasure for me to come on your program, Gordon. And congratulations on your continued success and adherence to the principles and philosophies that keep our nation great."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all do respect to everyone arguing - how do you know who won? Resaults are not there yet.. Can we wait at least until the end of election to start calling each other unpatriotic liberals and war-loving rednecks?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841823]No hatred at all. (Why do you go there? I can think he's a poor president...I must hate him?) Just simple question of whether he's a been a good president or not. And the fact that you list that as an accomplishment speaks volumes of to his legacy.[/QUOTE]

No, of course you can agree with me and think objectively he did a poor poor job.

Thats just not what you're doing here.

You asked for an accomplishment, were given one (an unquestionale one), then you whined about how unimportant it was.

That pretty clearly shows you weren't actually looking for an accomplishment at all, but were merely looking to attack.

Don't run from it now FF2.