Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoy it Dems, you just elected the least qualified president in American history

All Pro
    Correction: the least qualified president in history is the same person as the worst president in history and he's the one on the phone with the moving companies right now.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841514]You won today. You will have your Democratic Congress and President to gloat over for the next few weeks or so, your "countdown to January 20th" signatures at the ready, you'll have your revenge for 2004 when your Republican coworkers and friends busted your balls everyday over Kerry's concession speech, and you'll have your change. You will be able to somewhat disingenuously say that you were a part of history, that you made a difference, and that your candidate will make a difference for the better of this country. After all it was never about what he stood for, what he did, who he was, or why he was running after 150 unaccomplished days in the Senate; it was about winning and sticking it to an outgoing President who has been blamed for everything from the current economic crisis to the World Trade Center attacks. It wasn't about substance, it was about theatrics, looks, college degrees, styrofoam Greek columns, and calling anyone who disagreed with you an ignorant redneck. I guess this is just retribution for all of the tired insults you took over the past eight years for not supporting Bush, but then again now it's your turn so who cares about what your candidate can do or has done?

You wanted Obama? Great, you got Obama. And with Obama you got a man who has most likely accomplished less than the candidates who are running for mayor in your hometown this election, someone who used his election to the Senate as a launching pad for higher office, rather than as a mandate by his constituents to serve the community who elected him. You have a man whose sole "qualification" to be president rests on the fact that he can speak well, that he went to Harvard, and that he is black; a candidate whose knowledge of economics extends only as far as "social justice" is concerned and a candidate who was prepared to lose the war in Iraq in 2006 when it was a popular idea. But never mind that, McBush lost and you made Republicans mad, it's not about making this country better, if you wanted that you could have voted for Bill Richardson in your party's primary. It was about winning the battle to have someone with a different color of skin pigment become president before the Republicans did, regardless of qualification, ideology, or affiliation and Obama wrote two books and spoke at the DNC convention so therefore you went with him, rather than an accomplished governor with a real legacy of change.

You wanted bipartisanship? Unity among Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor, black and white, young and old? Well then congratulations, you just elected a candidate who is as partisan to the left as John Ashcroft was to the right. Someone who has never worked across the aisle for any bill with political baggage attached to it, against a candidate who is hated by his own party for siding with yours. McCain voted to confirm Ginsburg and Breyer to the Supreme Court, passed the McCain-Feingold bill with vitriolic GOP opposition, worked with Democrats on anti-smoking laws against his own party, ran against Bush in 2000 and was his main Republican critic throughout his term in office, who publicly called for Rumsfeld's resignation in the last election, who sponsored an unsuccessful bill to cap carbon emissions with Democrats, and who sponsored the McCain-Kennedy bill on immigration reform which made him the punching bag of conservative talk radio well into this election. Somehow you managed to turn this otherwise honorable and open minded senator into an old, decrepit, thoughtless stooge of the Republican Party, you valued words over actions and took Obama's claim that McCain is the same as Bush at face value. This isn't to say that McCain is a good candidate, just to remind you guys as to how full of sh*t you are when you say you are for bipartisanship and change.

But again, it wasn't about the issues, it was about winning, and what could be more important than that? Now you guys can brag about how Obama is a "breath of fresh air after eight years of hell" around the water cooler/student's lounge and how you made a difference by voting, something which ranks somewhere between spelling your name and tying your shoes in the grand list of human accomplishments. Now you have a candidate who will withdraw the troops from Iraq without so much as a second thought of the consequences, who will meet unconditionally with every tyrant hell bent on militarily or politically defeating the West, who will enact New Deal era policies in a time of economic contraction, who will tax the public for a "global poverty initiative", who will spend hundreds of billions more on failing over-funded public schools, government housing, "promise neighborhoods", "green" jobs, and in subsidies for failing corporations like GM simply to support already enriched labor unions.

Savor the victory, I know I did in 2004 when Kerry's concession speech was broadcast in the diner my liberal friend (and Kerry campaign organizer) and I were in. Just remember that this wasn't change [B]we[/B] believed in, it is change [B]you[/B] believed in. The ball is in your court now, and if Barack Obama cannot deliver then you won't have big bad Bush to hang the blame on.[/QUOTE]

Post of the Election Season. Really, spot-on. :clapper:

[QUOTE=isired;2841568]i have to disagree with your initial premise - W was by far the least qualified president in history. experience, or more accurately, 'doing the time', does not equal qualification. when you get older, and are in a position to hire people, you'll learn this all too quickly.[/QUOTE]
    Also according to his approval rating W is the worst president in the history of this great country...Carter was pretty bad but W was a disaster of epic proportions...Obama my not be qualified but at least he's not a moron...

Rookie
    [B] Enjoy it Dems, you just elected the least qualified president in American history [/B]

I belive that was George W. Bush...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841571]Then debunk them parafly, I'm sure you can copy and paste all of these "debunkings" if they've been said "ad nauseum".[/QUOTE]

Not worth the time. You lose credibility in my mind when you start your post accusing him of 150 unaccomplished days in the Senate. It's not a very informed statement.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841514]You won today. You will have your Democratic Congress and President to gloat over for the next few weeks or so, your "countdown to January 20th" signatures at the ready, you'll have your revenge for 2004 when your Republican coworkers and friends busted your balls everyday over Kerry's concession speech, and you'll have your change. You will be able to somewhat disingenuously say that you were a part of history, that you made a difference, and that your candidate will make a difference for the better of this country. After all it was never about what he stood for, what he did, who he was, or why he was running after 150 unaccomplished days in the Senate; it was about winning and sticking it to an outgoing President who has been blamed for everything from the current economic crisis to the World Trade Center attacks. It wasn't about substance, it was about theatrics, looks, college degrees, styrofoam Greek columns, and calling anyone who disagreed with you an ignorant redneck. I guess this is just retribution for all of the tired insults you took over the past eight years for not supporting Bush, but then again now it's your turn so who cares about what your candidate can do or has done?

You wanted Obama? Great, you got Obama. And with Obama you got a man who has most likely accomplished less than the candidates who are running for mayor in your hometown this election, someone who used his election to the Senate as a launching pad for higher office, rather than as a mandate by his constituents to serve the community who elected him. You have a man whose sole "qualification" to be president rests on the fact that he can speak well, that he went to Harvard, and that he is black; a candidate whose knowledge of economics extends only as far as "social justice" is concerned and a candidate who was prepared to lose the war in Iraq in 2006 when it was a popular idea. But never mind that, McBush lost and you made Republicans mad, it's not about making this country better, if you wanted that you could have voted for Bill Richardson in your party's primary. It was about winning the battle to have someone with a different color of skin pigment become president before the Republicans did, regardless of qualification, ideology, or affiliation and Obama wrote two books and spoke at the DNC convention so therefore you went with him, rather than an accomplished governor with a real legacy of change.

You wanted bipartisanship? Unity among Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor, black and white, young and old? Well then congratulations, you just elected a candidate who is as partisan to the left as John Ashcroft was to the right. Someone who has never worked across the aisle for any bill with political baggage attached to it, against a candidate who is hated by his own party for siding with yours. McCain voted to confirm Ginsburg and Breyer to the Supreme Court, passed the McCain-Feingold bill with vitriolic GOP opposition, worked with Democrats on anti-smoking laws against his own party, ran against Bush in 2000 and was his main Republican critic throughout his term in office, who publicly called for Rumsfeld's resignation in the last election, who sponsored an unsuccessful bill to cap carbon emissions with Democrats, and who sponsored the McCain-Kennedy bill on immigration reform which made him the punching bag of conservative talk radio well into this election. Somehow you managed to turn this otherwise honorable and open minded senator into an old, decrepit, thoughtless stooge of the Republican Party, you valued words over actions and took Obama's claim that McCain is the same as Bush at face value. This isn't to say that McCain is a good candidate, just to remind you guys as to how full of sh*t you are when you say you are for bipartisanship and change.

But again, it wasn't about the issues, it was about winning, and what could be more important than that? Now you guys can brag about how Obama is a "breath of fresh air after eight years of hell" around the water cooler/student's lounge and how you made a difference by voting, something which ranks somewhere between spelling your name and tying your shoes in the grand list of human accomplishments. Now you have a candidate who will withdraw the troops from Iraq without so much as a second thought of the consequences, who will meet unconditionally with every tyrant hell bent on militarily or politically defeating the West, who will enact New Deal era policies in a time of economic contraction, who will tax the public for a "global poverty initiative", who will spend hundreds of billions more on failing over-funded public schools, government housing, "promise neighborhoods", "green" jobs, and in subsidies for failing corporations like GM simply to support already enriched labor unions.

Savor the victory, I know I did in 2004 when Kerry's concession speech was broadcast in the diner my liberal friend (and Kerry campaign organizer) and I were in. Just remember that this wasn't change [B]we[/B] believed in, it is change [B]you[/B] believed in. The ball is in your court now, and if Barack Obama cannot deliver then you won't have big bad Bush to hang the blame on.[/QUOTE]

A very classy concession! I am going to go out on a limb and say he cant do much worse than W.

[QUOTE=RIJetFan;2841577]Correction: the least qualified president in history is the same person as the worst president in history and he's the one on the phone with the moving companies right now.[/QUOTE]

Worse than Grant, LBJ, or Carter? No, but let's hop on the short bus and claim victory against the "worst president ever" because we have no principles of our own. :yes:

[QUOTE=parafly;2841603]Not worth the time. You lose credibility in my mind when you start your post accusing him of 150 unaccomplished days in the Senate. It's not a very informed statement.[/QUOTE]

Inform me then, of the mountain moving legislation he's passed. Oh that's right he hasn't, better go find the "debunkings" that must be all over this board.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2841585]Post of the Election Season. Really, spot-on. :clapper:[/QUOTE]

Our party let us down Paulie, let's hope they'll put on a less pitiful display in 2012. :yes:

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841644]Worse than Grant, LBJ, or Carter? No, but let's hop on the short bus and claim victory against the "worst president ever" because we have no principles of our own. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I have a principle. I dont believe in making stuff up to justify invading another country, but thats just me.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the accomplishments of W. Just one would do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841647]Inform me then, of the mountain moving legislation he's passed. Oh that's right he hasn't, better go find the "debunkings" that must be all over this board.[/QUOTE]

maybe he's mad you stretched his 129 present votes to 150 :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841639]A very classy concession! I am going to go out on a limb and say he cant do much worse than W.[/QUOTE]

You think this country has hit bottom yet? Just wait. The party that wins this election will be out of power for a generation. It's about to get worse. Much, much worse. And when it does, the American People will be hell-bent-for-leather to punish the party that presided over it. It's only [U]starting[/U] to get good. :cool:

[QUOTE=FF2;2841655]I have a principle. I dont believe in making stuff up to justify invading another country, but thats just me.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the accomplishments of W. Just one would do.[/QUOTE]

We haven't had a domestic terror attack since 2001.

[QUOTE=freestater;2841663]You think this country has hit bottom yet? Just wait. The party that wins this election will be out of power for a generation. It's about to get worse. Much, much worse. And when it does, the American People will be hell-bent-for-leather to punish the party that presided over it. It's only [U]starting[/U] to get good. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You have the lotto numbers too?

All League
    I'm no history buff, but I believe some of the best presidents this country has ever had have been the least politically experienced. If I'm not mistaking, Lincoln is one example.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841644]Worse than Grant, LBJ, or Carter? No, but let's hop on the short bus and claim victory against the "worst president ever" because we have no principles of our own. :yes:[/QUOTE]

LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act. Whatever else he screwed up, that makes him better than Bush.

Carter, bad as he was, inherited a terrible situation and, while he wasn't able to get us out of it, he at least negotiated a peace agreement between Israel and Egypt which is, to this day, the most important treaty ever signed in that part of the world.

Grant wasn't very good but he had a tough hand to play.

Bush turned peace and prosperity into war and the worst financial crisis since the great depression. He signed not a single piece of landmark legislation, not a single major new peace treaty. The middle east deteriorated dramatically on his watch. He botched the invasion of Iraq, let Bin Laden get away and has since let early success in Afghanistan slip away. He added $5 trillion to the natual debt. And his adminsitration played a central --if not a solo-- role in the bungled disaster response that exacerbated the worst natural disaster ever on U.S. soil.

Yes, he's the worst president ever. And not by a small margin.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2841669]We haven't had a domestic terror attack since 2001.[/QUOTE]

Thats something that [B]didn't[/B] happen. We had zero under Clinton, that doesn't prove much.

Please give me something Bush accomplished.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/jonnie5/Crybaby.jpg[/IMG]

:cryin:

:bigcry:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841647]Inform me then, of the mountain moving legislation he's passed. Oh that's right he hasn't, better go find the "debunkings" that must be all over this board.[/QUOTE]

Again, not worth the time. It will fall on deaf ears anyway.

Your President has been in the drivers seat for the past 8 years. Time to let the other team take the wheel. Stop being such a sore loser.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841670]You have the lotto numbers too?[/QUOTE]

...Just been payin' attention.