Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoy it Dems, you just elected the least qualified president in American history

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=freestater;2841700]...Just been payin' attention.[/QUOTE]
    ...unlike you...

[QUOTE=FF2;2841687]Thats something that [B]didn't[/B] happen. We had zero under Clinton, that doesn't prove much.

Please give me something Bush accomplished.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_bombing[/url]

[QUOTE=FF2;2841655]I have a principle. I dont believe in making stuff up to justify invading another country, but thats just me.

I'm still waiting for someone to post the accomplishments of W. Just one would do.[/QUOTE]

Disarmament of Libya, progress in talks of disarming North Korea, the defeat of Iraq's insurgency, the removal of Charles Taylor from power in Liberia, the success of Plan Columbia, successful missile defense research, the eradication of disease and famine in parts of Africa through $30 billion in foreign aid annually, the defeat of the al-Qaeda backed UIC government in Somalia, the ban on partial birth abortion, and I'm sure many others.

Certainly not a good president, but by no means not the worst.

[QUOTE=FF2;2841687]Thats something that [B]didn't[/B] happen. [I][B]We had zero under Clinton, that doesn't prove much.[/B][/I]

Please give me something Bush accomplished.[/QUOTE]

LOL, whoa. Mental lapse much??

[QUOTE=freestater;2841710]...unlike you...

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center_bombing[/url][/QUOTE]

Super, Clinton and Bush tied 1-1 on terrorist attacks, although I would argue W's was "slightly" more significant.

Still waitin' to hear Bush's accomplishment(s). Just ONE would suffice.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2841685]Bush turned peace and prosperity into war and the worst financial crisis since the great depression. He signed not a single piece of landmark legislation, not a single major new peace treaty. The middle east deteriorated dramatically on his watch. He botched the invasion of Iraq, let Bin Laden get away and has since let early success in Afghanistan slip away. He added $5 trillion to the natual debt. And his adminsitration played a central --if not a solo-- role in the bungled disaster response that exacerbated the worst natural disaster ever on U.S. soil.[/QUOTE]

Great post. Also, let's not forget torture, stripping civil liberties from Americans, allowing North Korea to develop nukes, and politicizing the Justice Department.

We have nowhere to go but up.

[QUOTE=FF2;2841724]Super, Clinton and Bush tied 1-1 on terrorist attacks, although I would argue W's was "slightly" more significant.

Still waitin' to hear Bush's accomplishment(s). Just ONE would suffice.[/QUOTE]

Hey, in Bush's defense, he only had a massive budget surplus, peace, prosperity and total control of congress when he took over. Those are REALLY HARD circumstances in which to get anything done.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2841739]Hey, in Bush's defense, he only had a massive budget surplus, peace, prosperity and total control of congress when he took over. Those are REALLY HARD circumstances in which to get anything done.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the W keys were missing on the computers so it started slow.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=FF2;2841724]Super, Clinton and Bush tied 1-1 on terrorist attacks, although I would argue W's was "slightly" more significant.

Tearing apart the fabric of the Constitution so that Obama has a much easier go of it, destroying the rest of the way... how 'bout that one? :dunno:

[QUOTE=FF2;2841744]Yeah but the W keys were missing on the computers so it started slow.[/QUOTE]

True dat.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, are you serious? This is painfully bad.

[QUOTE=FF2;2841724]Still waitin' to hear Bush's accomplishment(s). Just ONE would suffice.[/QUOTE]

More, and more meaningful, aid to Africa than any President int he history of the United States.

I don't like Bush at all, but to claim he didn't do anything good is a bit.....one-sided, to say the least.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2841714]Disarmament of Libya, progress in talks of disarming North Korea, the defeat of Iraq's insurgency, the removal of Charles Taylor from power in Liberia, the success of Plan Columbia, successful missile defense research, the eradication of disease and famine in parts of Africa through $30 billion in foreign aid annually, the defeat of the al-Qaeda backed UIC government in Somalia, the ban on partial birth abortion, and I'm sure many others.

Certainly not a good president, but by no means not the worst.[/QUOTE]

Yes all those wonderful things sure helped out the average American. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=freestater;2841746]Tearing apart the fabric of the Constitution so that Obama has a much easier go of it, destroying the rest of the way... how 'bout that one? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Finally...yes I agree on that one.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2841753]More, and more meaningful, aid to Africa than any President int he history of the United States.

I don't like Bush at all, but to claim he didn't do anything good is a bit.....one-sided, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Thats all fine and dandy...I guess I was greedily looking for something he did for Americans (other than give our money away)

[QUOTE=parafly;2841729]Great post. Also, let's not forget.....stripping civil liberties from Americans......[/quote]

One can only doubt you'll be such an avid watchdog of our civil liberties now that Obama is King. Lord knows, you have no issue with outright Govt. theft and redistribution, so I guess those Liberties are "flexable" in your wolrd.

[QUOTE=parafly;2841729]allowing North Korea to develop nukes[/quote]

So Bush is more liable for this than Clinton eh? Guess I should expect that from a hardcore lefty like you. Let me guess, Clinton hold no responsabillity for 9/11 either, right?

[QUOTE=pauliec;2841750]Come on, are you serious? This is painfully bad.[/QUOTE]

You are one who sighted no terrorist attacks as a Bush "accomplishment" so I guess that was one of Clintons "accomplishments" as well.

[QUOTE=FF2;2841759]Thats all fine and dandy...I guess I was greedily looking for something he did for Americans (other than give our money away)[/QUOTE]

Actully, you were looking for:

[QUOTE]Still waitin' to hear Bush's accomplishment(s). [B][U]Just ONE would suffice[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

I gave you one, an unquestionably good and noble one, and it clearly did not suffice.

As I fully expected it wouldn't.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2841753]More, and more meaningful, aid to Africa than any President int he history of the United States.

I don't like Bush at all, but to claim he didn't do anything good is a bit.....one-sided, to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I give him credit for aid to Africa, although some places (like Somalia) seem to have been hurt more than helped by his actions there. (He wanted to get rid of AQ there, but that move actually left Somalia less stable.)

I also can't help but be amused by Republicans citing foreign aid --something they've spent two decades before Bush trying to eliminate to the greatest extent possible-- as their guy's biggest achievement.

[QUOTE=parafly;2841695]Again, not worth the time. It will fall on deaf ears anyway.

Your President has been in the drivers seat for the past 8 years. Time to let the other team take the wheel. Stop being such a sore loser.[/QUOTE]

So you can't rebut my claims? Are you that uninformed a voter that you can't defend your candidate or his policies when confronted with criticism? Oh that's right, you won, no need to consider for even one second that you may be wrong.

How about the '96 Oklahoma bombings? Or the '98 embassy bombings? Or the U.S.S Cole bombings?