Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Black Panthers Indimidating Voters in Philly

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2841932]Boy, that Fox News story on the Black Panther fellows certainly was misleading and full of innaccuracies.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFOKnJ0oXYY&eurl=http://www.breitbart.tv/html/213313.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Right, this is exactly what was supposed to happen. A couple of clowns were acting the fool and the police took them away. The idea that it was some kind of "voter intimidation" is what is inaccurate. In the time these guys were at the polls, I'm sure they prevented exactly no one from voting. The story itself has some legitimacy but would never appear on a national news broadcast if it didn't fit into Fox's other themes of scary "ACORN" voters and the threat of community organizers. They were trying to stir up the reverse racism crowd, and by the number of posts on this thread, I'd say it worked perfectly.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2842024]Right, this is exactly what was supposed to happen. A couple of clowns were acting the fool and the police took them away. The idea that it was some kind of "voter intimidation" is what is inaccurate. In the time these guys were at the polls, I'm sure they prevented exactly no one from voting. The story itself has some legitimacy but would never appear on a national news broadcast if it didn't fit into Fox's other themes of scary "ACORN" voters and the threat of community organizers. They were trying to stir up the reverse racism crowd, and by the number of posts on this thread, I'd say it worked perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Black Panthers at the Polls = Not Intimidation.

Requestign an ID = Republican Tactic of Dienfranchisement and Intimidation (of EVIL!)

Glad we settled that.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2842029]Black Panthers at the Polls = Not Intimidation.

Requestign an ID = Republican Tactic of Dienfranchisement and Intimidation (of EVIL!)

Glad we settled that.[/QUOTE]

Hey, they were faux black panthers, not the real deal. I'm sure they were just there to help. I'm sure that "stick" has plenty of good sammaritan type uses.

Hall Of Fame

:applause:LOL!

Never said that. I support ID at polling places as long as it is done fairly.

Caging, shifting broken machines to minority districts, purging "similar" names from the voting roles -- all Republican tactics for which individuals have been convicted in past years are disenfranchisement.

Where was this polling place? Was it in a highly African American election district? If so, who exactly was being intimidated? The Cops came -- problem solved! Enjoy this classic false equivalency if you want to -- there may be little else for you to cheer today.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2842002]Obama could make a huge statement by getting on TV right now and condemning this[/QUOTE]

Or he can make a huge statement by not condemning it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2842047]Or he can make a huge statement by not condemning it.[/QUOTE]

Why does he have to condemn it, b/c they're both black? Has nothing to do with him. Why inflate a minor story by even discussing it?

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;2842057]Why does he have to condemn it, b/c they're both black? Has nothing to do with him. Why inflate a minor story by even discussing it?[/QUOTE]

For the same reason that every thread that has to do with reverse racism fills up super-fast on this board. For some, its a sensitive issue.

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2842013]Just ask Steve Fossett!

Oh yeah, that's right, we can't.[/QUOTE]

LOL.
    and good point. I heard rumors he made it though:(.

All League
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2842004]So the guy with the camera phone, rather than the guy with the "stick", was trying to cause trouble?:eek:[/QUOTE]

Punky Frat Boy was the principle cause of this problem, Not rather than.

The guy carrying the stick used bad judgement but given the legacy of Black Voter disenfranchisement up to and including the 2000 Election in Florida I can see why the guy would want to be prepared if something broke out.

Actually Frat Boy incriminated himself when he said he walked through the two guys. Because if he did he should have informed the poll workers of their presence out in front of the building and let them deal with it. What business is it of his to call the cops ? Then he calls FOX and uses his racist line to dupe them into doing a story with only the caller leveling the accusation ?

This story and the way both the media and certain people glom on to the accusatory finger clearly illustrates the latent racism that still exists in society today.

[QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2842079]Punky Frat Boy was the principle cause of this problem, Not rather than.

The guy carrying the stick used bad judgement but given the legacy of Black Voter disenfranchisement up to and including the 2000 Election in Florida I can see why the guy would want to be prepared if something broke out.

Actually Frat Boy incriminated himself when he said he walked through the two guys. Because if he did he should have informed the poll workers of their presence out in front of the building and let them deal with it. What business is it of his to call the cops ? Then he calls FOX and uses his racist line to dupe them into doing a story with only the caller leveling the accusation ?

This story and the way both the media and certain people glom on to the accusatory finger clearly illustrates the latent racism that still exists in society today.[/QUOTE]

Jesus you aren't very smart.

[QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2842079]The guy carrying the stick used bad judgement but given the legacy of Black Voter disenfranchisement up to and including the 2000 Election in Florida I can see why the guy would want to be prepared if something broke out.[/QUOTE]

So he was afraid of physical voter intimidation? Please. I agree the story was blown out of proportion, somewhat. It got more play on here than it did on Fox. But you can not honestly be trying to not defend these guys.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I've looked for 10 minutes at the lowest of the low web sites, like Malkin & Fox and I can't find any reference to the location of this poll site -- which might tell us if the intent of those dudes was voter intimidation or a foolish effort to "protect" a polling place in a black neighborhood. You'd think a real news story would include a "where" right? See, as Republicans well know, you don't "intimidate" your own voters you send your goons (be they lawyers or merely thugs) to the other guy's high-performing polling places to menace other voters by passing out fliers claiming people will be arrested for any outstanding parking tickets or by challenging legit voters just to waste time and generate long lines.

All League
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2842119]So he was afraid of physical voter intimidation? Please. I agree the story was blown out of proportion, somewhat. It got more play on here than it did on Fox. But you can not honestly be trying to not defend these guys.[/QUOTE]

I don't know you will have to ask him.

Fratboy needs to have his knuckles rapped too.

The guy with the stick was told to leave, not hauled away.

As to the play here I think we exposed the dubious nature of the the reporting coming out of FOX.

[QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2842149]I don't know you will have to ask him.

As to the play here I think we exposed the dubious nature of the the reporting coming out of FOX.[/QUOTE]

Yes, CNN has been the Obama Channel all day today. So much more unbiased.:rolleyes:

All League
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2842126]Not to beat a dead horse, but I've looked for 10 minutes at the lowest of the low web sites, like Malkin & Fox and I can't find any reference to the location of this poll site -- which might tell us if the intent of those dudes was voter intimidation or a foolish effort to "protect" a polling place in a black neighborhood. You'd think a real news story would include a "where" right? See, as Republicans well know, you don't "intimidate" your own voters you send your goons (be they lawyers or merely thugs) to the other guy's high-performing polling places to menace other voters by passing out fliers claiming people will be arrested for any outstanding parking tickets or by challenging legit voters just to waste time and generate long lines.[/QUOTE]

I think I heard 21st & Fairmount.

Now, I haven't been to Philly in a few years. I know Fairmount is a few blocks north of Center and 21st is right along the Schulkyll. It may be a little shaky over there, but I don't think that's the hood, hood.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2842047]Or he can make a huge statement by not condemning it.[/QUOTE]

It really is a non-story. And it certainly has nothing to do with Obama.

Unlike the "Kill Him" verbal attacks from the crowd at McCain and Palin events when Obama's name was mentioned that were never condemned or acknowledged by either candidate.

[QUOTE=TerryBadway;2842155]I think I heard 21st & Fairmount.

Now, I haven't been to Philly in a few years. I know Fairmount is a few blocks north of Center and 21st is right along the Schulkyll. It may be a little shaky over there, but I don't think that's the hood, hood.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks -- I'll see what the PA Board of Elections has on that polling place. Somehow I doubt that its an expected high-performer for McCain.

Love the avatar by the way.

[QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2842149]I don't know you will have to ask him.

As to the play here I think we exposed the dubious nature of the the reporting coming out of FOX.[/QUOTE]

:wow::spin::poundu::googly:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=HessStation;2842154]Yes, CNN has been the Obama Channel all day today. So much more unbiased.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I think CNN is pretty non-partisan. MSNBC is more pro-Obama, particularly Olbermann and Maddow and Matthews, to a lesser extent. Fox, on the other hand, is completely pro-McCain and extreme Right.