Thread: Where are all the new, young voters?

Where are all the new, young voters?

I know it's only anecdotal evidence, but in watching the news clips of the voting lines, I see the same type of people in line I saw four years ago. Where are all the young, new voters? I wish one of these news people would at least informally poll the people after they cast their vote to find out how many are voting for the first time.

I am somewhat reluctant to comment on the minority turnout because I can not really remember the news stations sending cameras to minority area polling places in past elections. That said, the only clip I've really seen is the now infamous faux black panther youtube footage, and that polling place was not exactly hopping.

Early voting...

All of them voted already?

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2842010]All of them voted already?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, we won't know until the results all come in, we'll see.

But I believe 50% of African American already voted in NC before today. That's a huge number.

All Pro
    My younger brother, who has never had an interest in politics at all, voted today for the first time ever.

Not that this necessarily signifies anything, but I thought I would share that in this thread.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2842008]Early voting...[/QUOTE]

Yes

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2842014]I dunno, we won't know until the results all come in, we'll see.

But I believe 50% of African American already voted in NC before today. That's a huge number.[/QUOTE]

You used to be Sean Ryan, the angry irishman, didnt you?

Are you able to vote Sean? Just curious.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2842014]I dunno, we won't know until the results all come in, we'll see.

But I believe 50% of African American already voted in NC before today. That's a huge number.[/QUOTE]

I've heard this before and what they said is that 50% of the people who already voted were african american. I'm not sure how they know this, but what I am struggling with is the notion that the "early" voters are the "new" voters. I suspect most of the early voters, especailly the african american voters are people who were just anxious to get their vote in. I may be wrong, but I just have a funny feeling that the new, young voters may do for Obama what they did for Kerry and McGovern . . .fail to show up.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2842025]You used to be Sean Ryan, the angry irishman, didnt you?

Are you able to vote Sean? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Angry Irishman, haha.. yeah my old name is Sean Ryan, and no I unfortunately can not vote, but my brother has already voted on the behalf of my entire family, first McAllister to do so. I hope to vote in next years election.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2842035]Angry Irishman, haha.. yeah my old name is Sean Ryan, and no I unfortunately can not vote, but my brother has already voted on the behalf of my entire family, first McAllister to do so. I hope to vote in next years election.[/QUOTE]

McAllister eh? Ok, now I AM scared.....I have a large number of McAllisters (from Ireland) in my own family tree, and not in a far off branch either.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE][B]Where are all the new, young voters? [/B][/QUOTE]

See SBIII thread.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2842039]McAllister eh? Ok, now I AM scared.....I have a large number of McAllisters (from Ireland) in my own family tree, and not in a far off branch either.[/QUOTE]

Think of this next time I call someone a moron. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2842041]Think of this next time I call someone a moron. :D[/QUOTE]

In other words, in 5 minutes!

:D

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2842041]Think of this next time I call someone a moron. :D[/QUOTE]

You must not know how I usually treat family.

I must just ban you just for being (perhaps distantly) related to me.;)