Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: market rally

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845017]You are def. right. If GW could of gotten a 3rd term the market would be skyrocketing.[/QUOTE]

Who said it would?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Obama take office today or yesterday?

[QUOTE=Piper;2845068]Who said it would?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845075]Did Obama take office today or yesterday?[/QUOTE]

Cause that is the thing that will affect the markets?

I hope you don't invest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No you are right. Wall Street is soley based on good hard facts.

[QUOTE=Piper;2845094]Cause that is the thing that will affect the markets?

I hope you don't invest.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845106]No you are right. Wall Street is soley based on good hard facts.[/QUOTE]

You are too smart for me. The election results don't matter. Inauguration day is the key!:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845075]Did Obama take office today or yesterday?[/QUOTE]

He was elected on Tuesday night and the market has reacted accordingly, starting to price in what an Obama presidency will mean...

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9101/djia110608uz1.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845106]No you are right. Wall Street is soley based on good hard facts.[/QUOTE]

The market reflects expectations about future earnings and interest rates. Those two things tend to drive the market more than anything else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can;t say I'm shocked by the media these past few days.

When stocks rise on election day, it's specificly because of Obama.

When they crash horribly the next day, it has nothing to do with him whatsoever.

Man, it must be great to only be able to do good things.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2845248]He was elected on Tuesday night and the market has reacted accordingly, starting to price in what an Obama presidency will mean...

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9101/djia110608uz1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I wonder what this looks like in comparison to say the last four presidential elections.....mainly from Clinton to Bush and Bush to Clinton

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dow down about 370 now. It's been an ugly two days.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845317]Can;t say I'm shocked by the media these past few days.

When stocks rise on election day, it's specificly because of Obama.

When they crash horribly the next day, it has nothing to do with him whatsoever.

Man, it must be great to only be able to do good things.[/QUOTE]

Funny how the posters here have reflected the same...:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2845019]there was a market rally and it was because of optimism. maybe it was optimism of an early bed time, or maybe it was optimism of stability. but it happened...

as for every other day since then that doesn't prove Obama was the wrong choice. it just proves we are in a volitile market, reflecting an economy in crisis.[/QUOTE]

Good try. In your original post you said the market was up due to the upcoming Obama win. That was not the case. Dont back peddal now and say it was because the market is volatile. Cant have it both ways. Although I imagine we will be hearing a lot of this the next 4 years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;2845443]Good try. In your original post you said the market was up due to the upcoming Obama win. That was not the case. Dont back peddal now and say it was because the market is volatile. Cant have it both ways. Although I imagine we will be hearing a lot of this the next 4 years.[/QUOTE]

really? can you quote where I said that? or you just making things up now?

go ahead do some reading let me know what you find out

by the way my original post wasn't even my words it was market commentary from a financial site.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2845490]really? can you quote where I said that? or you just making things up now?

by the way my original post wasn't even my words it was market commentary from a financial site.[/QUOTE]

Are you really going to deny that it was the implication you were conveying?

Of course you do it in a way you can easily back away from...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2845490]really? can you quote where I said that? or you just making things up now?

by the way my original post wasn't even my words it was market commentary from a financial site.[/QUOTE]

[B]stock rally was the most on a Presidential Election Day in 24 years.The major U.S. indices closed higher today on optimism ahead of the conclusion of tonight’s President Election. According to Bloomberg, today’s [/B]

Wow. You didnt say this in your original post???? What was your intent then?? It wasnt because you were all giddy over the Obama coronation? Dont post something...then when someone questions it run away and say "it wasnt even my own words". This way you can never say you were wrong about anything.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;2845547][B]stock rally was the most on a Presidential Election Day in 24 years.The major U.S. indices closed higher today on optimism ahead of the conclusion of tonight’s President Election. According to Bloomberg, today’s [/B]

Wow. You didnt say this in your original post???? What was your intent then?? It wasnt because you were all giddy over the Obama coronation? Dont post something...then when someone questions it run away and say "it wasnt even my own words". This way you can never say you were wrong about anything.[/QUOTE]

again - all it said was optimism. it didn't say why.

It could have been optimism over a McCain victory. Unlikely but nowhere in this thread did I say the Markets Rallied and Barack is the reason why.

maybe the traders knew what was gonna happen and celebrated early - there was optimism on Election Day. the comment (again not my words) never said why.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2845498]Are you really going to deny that it was the implication you were conveying?

Of course you do it in a way you can easily back away from...[/QUOTE]

I will. No one can prove why the markets do anything. I can't prove the election day rally was due to Obama any more than you can you prove that the last 2 days of losses were due to Obama.

and again let me be perfectly clear the original post wasn't my words, it was a market summary from a financial source.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2845569]I will. No one can prove why the markets do anything. I can't prove the election day rally was due to Obama any more than you can you prove that the last 2 days of losses were due to Obama.

and again let me be perfectly clear the original post wasn't my words, it was a market summary from a financial source.[/QUOTE]

You think you are so clever trying to word things to be intellectually provocative with making direct statements that someone can quote you on.

Hmm sounds like Obama. No wonder you are such a fan.

You are so intellectual dishonest is isn't funny, but I will refrain from making any further comments lest you scream "PERSONAL ATTACK"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2845561]again - all it said was optimism. it didn't say why.

It could have been optimism over a McCain victory. Unlikely but nowhere in this thread did I say the Markets Rallied and Barack is the reason why.

maybe the traders knew what was gonna happen and celebrated early - there was optimism on Election Day. the comment (again not my words) never said why.[/QUOTE]

Weak...very weak. I'm sure if the market went the other way you would be singing a differnt tune.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2845561]again - all it said was optimism. it didn't say why.

[B]It could have been optimism over a McCain victory[/B]. Unlikely but nowhere in this thread did I say the Markets Rallied and Barack is the reason why.

maybe the traders knew what was gonna happen and celebrated early - there was optimism on Election Day. the comment (again not my words) never said why.[/QUOTE]

It was. There were rumors, obviously untrue, swirling on Tuesday that McCain might possibly be stealing a couple of swing states. The market rallied. I posted this previously in the thread.