Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 127

Thread: President Barack Hussein Obama

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    You may be right, because I believe the correct spelling is malado. But seeing you couldn't spell it either I doubt I'll take your word on the matter.

    Slangs suck, if it is one. I doubt sackdance is racist though, just ignorant...as ignorant as I am on the correct spelling of Malado.
    look, I don't either, I was making a point that plenty of people do not like to be called mulatto, not that Sack is racist.

    I never made that claim.

    also, I think Mulatto is the correct spelling.

  2. #62
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Change has come to america = stupid

    I like the latest part. He's right about needing to sacrifice and pitch in and be responsible..
    It's inspirational in tone, but as far as content it's everything we've heard in the past 20 months or so. Maybe McCain set the bar a little too high in fantastic speeches tonight.

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    Change has come to america = stupid

    I like the latest part. He's right about needing to sacrifice and pitch in and be responsible..
    When is the government going to sacrifice and pitch in?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetspennyfan View Post
    What an amazing country we are to be able to look past a name of a person. Past the race of a person. And most of all look past the issues.

    And elect him.

    I am proud.
    How was his assessment of the troop surge in Iraq, anyway? Not many other opinions (and zero decisions) he's made in his short career to judge him on.

    Gonna be a hoot to see him learn to work the other side of the aisle as a President...or more likely, not.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    Mulatto
    I guess biracial is a better term these days. Good to know. See, sackdance was good for something while condemning us all to hell tonight.

  6. #66
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Oh please, not a "Yes We Can" chant...

  7. #67
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    When is the government going to sacrifice and pitch in?

    Great speech...."Everyone needs to pitch in and sacrifice....but the rich need to do much more of that than others."


  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    look, I don't either, I was making a point that plenty of people do not like to be called mulatto, not that Sack is racist.

    I never made that claim.

    also, I think Mulatto is the correct spelling.
    I think your right.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    How was his assessment of the troop surge in Iraq, anyway? Not many other opinions (and zero decisions) he's made in his short career to judge him on.

    Gonna be a hoot to see him learn to work the other side of the aisle as a President...or more likely, not.
    how was his assessment of the war on Iraq before we went in?

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    20,936
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    It's inspirational in tone, but as far as content it's everything we've heard in the past 20 months or so. Maybe McCain set the bar a little too high in fantastic speeches tonight.
    McCain was great, couldn't help but admire him and feel bad at the same time...

  11. #71
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    I don't know, I thought it was a little underwhelming, especially for the gravity of the moment. Maybe it's just me.

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    not really, I mean, only people who aren't black would say that electing a black president is no big deal...

    I agree with your second part....there are people who will be chomping at te bit for his demise.
    No, it's definitely a watershed moment. But the most significant in American history? To be that, we need to see what he does with the job. And really, to look back over decades and see what the ripples were.

    I'll give you this much, though - it certainly has the potential to be in the top 5

  13. #73
    His speeches are boring.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Oh please, not a "Yes We Can" chant...

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    No, it's definitely a watershed moment. But the most significant in American history? To be that, we need to see what he does with the job. And really, to look back over decades and see what the ripples were.

    I'll give you this much, though - it certainly has the potential to be in the top 5


    well, technically I said in our political history, I think I said that anyway....

    just saying this may be the most important political event in our countries history.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    20,936
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    When is the government going to sacrifice and pitch in?
    preaching to the choir..

    But I do know this, until we as citizens return to the ideals that our parents were raised under this country can go no direction but down..

  17. #77
    He got that look like, "holy ****, I'm really President, what the hell did I do?"

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    preaching to the choir..

    But I do know this, until we as citizens return to the ideals that our parents were raised under this country can go no direction but down..
    I know you are

    Considering our founding fathers fought a war over taxes and economic freedom, I'm pretty sure I know which direction our country is going

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,534
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    well, technically I said in our political history, I think I said that anyway....

    just saying this may be the most important political event in our countries history.
    Right, and I'm saying it will clearly never top the Declaration of Independence or the negotiation and writing of the Constitution, and probably will fall well below the Kennedy assassination, Watergate, the Civil War and Roosevelt's Day that Will Live in Infamy speech (all off the top of my head) but it is way, way, way too early to make that call.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Right, and I'm saying it will clearly never top the Declaration of Independence or the negotiation and writing of the Constitution, and probably will fall well below the Kennedy assassination, Watergate, the Civil War and Roosevelt's Day that Will Live in Infamy speech (all off the top of my head) but it is way, way, way too early to make that call.
    I said one of...not number one...yeesh...I think it is top ten...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us