Thread: John McCain - A Great Man

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

John McCain - A Great Man

Just because I am an Obama supporter did not mean that I was a McCain hater.

McCain is not only a hero who has dedicated his life to our country bt someone I believe all Obama supporters admired.

For the most part, McCain tried to stay above the normal level of politics that we have seen in the past.

I feel he was at odds with his own campaign many times this election season.

McCain was unfortunate in his timing. He probably would have made an excellent president during his prime.

His speech tonight is excellent, and shows his class, and hopefully we Obama supporters can show ours by saluting the man.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, get over yourself.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    John McCain should remain a central figure of the Republican party, I do believe he along with Obama can truly prove that the best front in this country is a united front. Part of me will always wish it was McCain in 2000

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2842934]Just because I am an Obama supporter did not mean that I was a McCain hater.

McCain is not only a hero who has dedicated his life to our country bt someone I believe all Obama supporters admired.

For the most part, McCain tried to stay above the normal level of politics that we have seen in the past.

I feel he was at odds with his own campaign many times this election season.

McCain was unfortunate in his timing. He probably would have made an excellent president during his prime.

His speech tonight is excellent, and shows his class, and hopefully we Obama supporters can show ours by saluting the man.[/QUOTE]

John McCain is a great man. I supported him in the 2000 primaries until Bush's camp stiffed him out of the nomination calling voters in South Carolina hinting he had an illegitimate black child.

Unfortunately he got tangled up in neoconservatism policy of invading every country with oil and the failed supply-side economic policies of deregulation of wall st. and cutting taxes for the rich. All neoconserivatism got us was a money and death pit in Iraq. All reagonomics got us was 3 recessions including the current one.

Obama probably did McCain the biggest favor of his life beating him tonight. McCain would have not only inheritied an enormous mess created by Bush, he would have continued the same policies that would have further driven our country into the ground and made him a horrendous president.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=vicious89x;2842955]John McCain should remain a central figure of the Republican party[/QUOTE]
    No he shouldn't...

John McCain is an independent thinker, a man who marches to the beat of his own drum, not a parties...I hope McCain does himself a favor and goes the route his good friend Joe Lieberman went...