Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain's concession speech was damn impressive

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

McCain's concession speech was damn impressive

A compassionate voice of reason who reached across party lines. Just like the McCain I heard about years ago. So where was this guy during the campaign? Perhaps, he hired a lot of people who gave him bad advice and turned him into someone he's not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed 100 percent. I said it in another thread, 2000 was his year. We would be a better country today if he had won.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superb job by McCain

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was his problem, Timmy, his campaign managers ****ed him.

Que sera, sera. He just demonstrated the ultimate in class and dignity. Good luck to you, Senator McCain. And thank you for dedicating your life's work to our country.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was incredible. It was an amazing speech.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2842958]That was his problem, Timmy, his campaign managers ****ed him.

Que sera, sera. He just demonstrated the [B]ultimate in class and dignity[/B]. Good luck to you, Senator McCain. And thank you for dedicating your life's work to our country.[/QUOTE]

Everything from his words, to his body language, to his tone of voice and emotion was picture perfect.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt John McCain is a good man he just couldn't separate himself from Bush enough. He went out with honor and dignity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should of left Palin out, she did nothing for him. She gave the base (who would of voted for McCain anyway) excitement, period.
    If Romney was selected we would still be waiting for McCain's speech. JMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very classy indeed. McCain did the right thing, same thing I'd expect of Obama should he have lost.

I believe the right guy won though.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Timmy-y-y-y;2842950]A compassionate voice of reason who reached across party lines. Just like the McCain I heard about years ago. So where was this guy during the campaign? Perhaps, he hired a lot of people who gave him bad advice and turned him into someone he's not.[/quote]unfortunately, he would have never gotten the nomination if he stayed true to himself. i would have voted mccain in 2004 for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. I hope he is at peace with himself tonight and is relieved he doesn't have to play this BS game anymore. He can go back and be the Senator he has always been.

[QUOTE=isired;2842987]unfortunately, he would have never gotten the nomination if he stayed true to himself. i would have voted mccain in 2004 for sure.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great speech my Senator John McCain, everything from his voice, body languege, and sincerity of his words you know he meant everything he said from the bottom of his heart.

No doubt in my mind John McCain is a good man, although i believe Barack Obama was the right choice i wouldnt not have been upset at all if he had won.

The John McCain that just spoke was not the McCain during the campaign, i believe his campaign manager screwed him over and if he was like this during the race to the White House, he would have one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a wonderful speech by McCain. Its a shame he never spoke that well throughout his campaign.

That was the McCain that I can't help but love and respect despite any political differences, and why I voted for him instead of going with someone that simply lined up with my values more like Barr.

I truly wish he had won the presidency. HE was the change (a centrist president) that was needed to unite this country.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, great speech. A great, hard fought battle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree. Voted for Obama but loved McCain's speech.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BIGKIDD325;2842966]Very classy indeed. McCain did the right thing, same thing I'd expect of Obama should he have lost.

I believe the right guy won though.[/QUOTE]
    Let's talk in two years.

This is ridiculous. Senator Al Franken?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2842950]A compassionate voice of reason who reached across party lines. Just like the McCain I heard about years ago. So where was this guy during the campaign? Perhaps, he hired a lot of people who gave him bad advice and turned him into someone he's not.[/QUOTE]
    where was this guy? he was locked up in a closet to appease the Republican base...The man you saw deliver that speech tonight was the real John McCain, an American hero and a uniter of the people...It's sad he had to be castrated and downsized to Bush levels in order to appease the idiots that were booing in that crowd...

May god bless senator McCain and his family...

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it me or was John Mccains speech 10 times better than Obama's speech?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan78;2843081]Is it me or was John Mccains speech 10 times better than Obama's speech?[/QUOTE]

it is just you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nyctomjetsfan;2843059]where was this guy? he was locked up in a closet to appease the Republican base...The man you saw deliver that speech tonight was the real John McCain, an American hero and a uniter of the people...It's sad he had to be castrated and downsized to Bush levels in order to appease the idiots that were booing in that crowd...

May god bless senator McCain and his family...[/QUOTE]
    Blah blah blah.

McCain when he was a pain in the GOP's ass - maverick, hero, uniter.

McCain as GOP candidate for President - old, doddering fool, fascist.

McCain concession speech - back to the great American.

Predictable. Kind of how disastrous the Obama administration will be.