Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McCain's concession speech was damn impressive

yeah his speech was excellent.

To me the polarization is summed up by the crowd reactions on both sides. Boos when Obama's name was mentioned by Mccain and applause when Mccain's name was mentioned by Obama.

It is reflected here as well by most of the conservatives.

[QUOTE=AJAX40;2843132]yeah his speech was excellent.

To me the polarization is summed up by the crowd reactions on both sides. Boos when Obama's name was mentioned by Mccain and applause when Mccain's name was mentioned by Obama.

It is reflected here as well by most of the conservatives.[/QUOTE]

Yes, polarization in America is the fault of the conservatives in this country.

You fail.

Wow, what a sore winner you are.

[QUOTE=sackdance;2843130]Blah blah blah.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://www.mondaymorninginsight.com/images/uploads/Kleenex.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=sackdance;2843130]Blah blah blah.

McCain when he was a pain in the GOP's ass - maverick, hero, uniter.

McCain as GOP candidate for President - old, doddering fool, fascist.

McCain concession speech - back to the great American.

Predictable. Kind of how disastrous the Obama administration will be.[/QUOTE]

glad to see you will be rooting against your country

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetfan78;2843081]Is it me or was John Mccains speech 10 times better than Obama's speech?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say 10x, I wouldn't say 2x, but I do think it was slightly better, imo. Shame that wasn't the McCain his "base" wanted.

Please don't tell me that you actually believe that if the situation was reversed, the Obama crowd would have cheered McCain's name at Obama's concession speech...

[QUOTE=jetswinbaby!;2843164]Please don't tell me that you actually believe that if the situation was reversed, the Obama crowd would have cheered McCain's name at Obama's concession speech...[/QUOTE]

no, but if McCain won, Obama would have been booed at McCain's acceptance speech...

for the most part, the left has been respectful of McCain (besides the age jokes) nothing like what the right did to Obama

I choked up during it and I'm not ashamed to admit it at all. That was an incredible confession straight from the heart of a man who's dedicated his entire life to public service. I was actually hoping that Obama would have talked more about McCain in his speech.

I really wonder how things might have gone had McCain gotten the nod in 2000. What a different world we'd probably be living in.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXId8plpUKw[/url]

Veteran
    There are still callers on cspan trying to say he wasn't born in the US and is a terrorist. It's pathetic and not what we need to focus on right now. I'm actually considering giving up my Bush bashing to help with the unity cause. :P

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDOHh9IFctc[/url]

[QUOTE=jetfan78;2843081]Is it me or was John Mccains speech 10 times better than Obama's speech?[/QUOTE]
    absolutely.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2843175]I choked up during it and I'm not ashamed to admit it at all. That was an incredible confession straight from the heart of a man who's dedicated his entire life to public service. I was actually hoping that Obama would have talked more about McCain in his speech.[/QUOTE]
    So did I.

"I would not be an American worthy of the name should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privelege of serving this country for a half of a century. Today I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much, and tonight I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone."

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2843184]"I would not be an American worthy of the name should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privelege of serving this country for a half of a century. Today I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much, and tonight I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone."[/QUOTE]

Truly a man committed to life-long service, and devoid of any self-righteous, self-serving goals. Talk about admirable.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2843175]I really wonder how things might have gone had McCain gotten the nod in 2000. What a different world we'd probably be living in.[/QUOTE]
    A lot better than we've been these last 8 years that's for sure...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

FCUK McCain and his speech.

He had the last 5 months to show America that he disowned the dirty, ugly politics of the neo-cons, yet he fully embraced whatever he could to win. hardly a 'maverick'.

Now, after losing, he wants to pretend to be bi-partisan and seem like he's reaching across the aisle?

it's too little, too late. i lost all respect for the man a long time ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Pure crap. Winners always cheer the loser. Do you really think it would have been different if Obama had lost? The hate spewed by liberals over the last 8 years have been the most embarrassing and destructive behavior in the history of this country. The partisan divide has never been greater because democrats pursued a scorched earth policy.

Let see how much Obama reaches across the aisle once Reid/Pelosi stick their collective hands up his back and start him talking.

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2843134]Yes, polarization in America is the fault of the conservatives in this country.

You fail.[/QUOTE]

Polarization in America is the fault of everyone in this country. We're too quick to point fingers at the other side, when we're just as guilty.

Veteran

It's you.