Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McCain's concession speech was damn impressive

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2843240]Pure crap. Winners always cheer the loser. Do you really think it would have been different if Obama had lost? The hate spewed by liberals over the last 8 years have been the most embarrassing and destructive behavior in the history of this country. The partisan divide has never been greater because democrats pursued a scorched earth policy.

Let see how much Obama reaches across the aisle once Reid/Pelosi stick their collective hands up his back and start him talking.[/QUOTE]

Dude, **** you. Liberals aren't the ones who have called conservatives "fake Americans" or "anti-Americans". That's been the tactic of your Disasta from Alaska and her race-baiting running mate. It's been the Republicans who have smeared Democrats since before Bush took office. Look at how Saxby Chambliss smeared Vietnam vet and triple amputee Max Cleland in their 2002 contest. If anyone has been "scorched earth", it has been the modern heirs of Joe the McCarthy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2843134]Yes, polarization in America is the fault of the conservatives in this country.

You fail.[/QUOTE]

I'll point out that the first ugly/bitter post on this thread came from ...SackDance 99.

"Predictable. Kind of how disastrous the Obama administration will be."

We can argue about who started it (cough-Nixon) but it is not one of those things that nobody is responsible for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan78;2843081]Is it me or was John Mccains speech 10 times better than Obama's speech?[/QUOTE]

I thought they were both excellent in different ways, for different reasons. McCain, after being involved in a campaign that stooped to nonsense slandering in it's desperate last days, really showewd how much class he has and how important the country is in his consesssion speech.

I thought the president elect's speech was moving and exciting, and filled me with hope. Although I'm sure the haters cringed when he used the word "sacrifice" at the end.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2843240]Pure crap. Winners always cheer the loser. Do you really think it would have been different if Obama had lost? The hate spewed by liberals over the last 8 years have been the most embarrassing and destructive behavior in the history of this country. [B]The partisan divide has never been greater because democrats pursued a scorched earth policy.[/B]

Let see how much Obama reaches across the aisle once Reid/Pelosi stick their collective hands up his back and start him talking.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you're overall sentiment, you respond with an equally loony premise that the libs are responsible for the partisan divide.

If the situations were reversed, I'd expect Obama'd have been equally as gracious and his audience just as frustrated..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2843177] I'm actually considering giving up my Bush bashing to help with the unity cause. [/QUOTE]

Seriously, I do believe that this is the first step. It is impossibe to achieve unity while preaching that Bush is evil. It's devisive, completely unproductive, and really just silly. IMO, Obama will throw in an occassional kind word about Bush during the next few months.

If he doesn't, I'm thinking of trademarking T-shirts that say "It wans't me" on the front, and on the back "Bush did it". Why not, we blame the guy for everything else.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2843320][B]While I agree with you're overall sentiment, you respond with an equally loony premise that the libs are responsible for the partisan divide.[/B]
    If the situations were reversed, I'd expect Obama'd have been equally as gracious and his audience just as frustrated..[/QUOTE]

This is the root of the problem. As I say to my children, it does not matter who started, the only thing that matters is how it ends. Why are politicians such children. Really, can we honestly say that there are more than a handful of "grown-ups" in the Senate Chamber, and the House, please, it's like daycare in that place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The liberals have no reason to unite the country Nancy pelosi is in a position now to push a very liberal agenda.

If anybody here thinks Obama is going to veto anything coming from a Pelosi run senate you are absolutely nuts!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2843338]This is the root of the problem. As I say to my children, it does not matter who started, the only thing that matters is how it ends. Why are politicians such children. Really, can we honestly say that there are more than a handful of "grown-ups" in the Senate Chamber, and the House, please,[B] it's like daycare in that place[/B].[/QUOTE]
    Very true. Also describes this forum very well as times..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2843341]The liberals have no reason to unite the country Nancy pelosi is in a position now to push a very liberal agenda.

If anybody here thinks Obama is going to veto anything coming from a Pelosi run senate you are absolutely nuts![/QUOTE]

Because of his fund raising prowress and 50 state strategy, he has the political power to do so..

Let's just hope he does, if he doesn't, it'll be quite clear how full of **** he was and he'll lose a lot of independent support..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope he governs from the center but I fully expect Pelosi and the far left to have the ability to get everything they want passed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you base the veto opinion on?

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2843341]The liberals have no reason to unite the country Nancy pelosi is in a position now to push a very liberal agenda.

If anybody here thinks Obama is going to veto anything coming from a Pelosi run senate you are absolutely nuts![/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was a class act last night.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCain's speech was awesome. A+. If that was what I heard in the CAMPAIGN I would of considered voting for him.

I feel he let himself get sucked in to the Republican machine who convinced him that he had to go so negative to have a chance to win.

Maybe now that he's not running he will be free to talk and act like he WANTS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the fact that he ran to the left of hillary clinton to get the nomination and then moved back to the center for the general election.

What makes you think he would veto something driven by pelosi with full democratic support? Where in his voting record has he broken ranks with pelosi?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer;2843292]Dude, **** you. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for proving the point so eloquently. The hatred of GW Bush
    by the liberals from Washington to Hollywood is unprecedented without even the hint of respect for the office that he held. What other sitting president has had movies released excoriating them while they were serving.

Your response is typical.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2843378]Thanks for proving the point so eloquently. The hatred of GW Bush
    by the liberals from Washington to Hollywood is unprecedented without even the [B]hint of respect for the office that he held[/B]. What other sitting president has had movies released excoriating them while they were serving.
    [/QUOTE]

I would have shown W some respect if he had shown some for the Constitution.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We both do not know.

[QUOTE=Jetfan_Johnny;2843375]Based on the fact that he ran to the left of hillary clinton to get the nomination and then moved back to the center for the general election.

What makes you think he would veto something driven by pelosi with full democratic support? Where in his voting record has he broken ranks with pelosi?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try to find anyone who will state they still support GW. The Conservatives have been badmouthing him for years.

[QUOTE=Piper;2843378]Thanks for proving the point so eloquently. The hatred of GW Bush
    by the liberals from Washington to Hollywood is unprecedented without even the hint of respect for the office that he held. What other sitting president has had movies released excoriating them while they were serving.

Your response is typical.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2843391]I would have shown W some respect if he had shown some for the Constitution.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what your particular issue is but if respect for the Constitution interests you, the next four years will really churn you up. Especially if Obama nominates Supreme Court justices(my biggest fear).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2843351]Because of his fund raising prowress and 50 state strategy, he has the political power to do so..

Let's just hope he does, if he doesn't, it'll be quite clear how full of **** he was and he'll lose a lot of independent support..[/QUOTE]

I agree. I didn't vote for Obama for three reasons:1) his non-partisan claims were belied by his past liberal record and statements; 2) I wanted a check for the dem controlled house and senate; and 3) I preferred John McCain because I knew that if elected he would always tell the truth and not put up with any bullcrap.

I am very hopeful that Obama will deliver on his promise of ending partisanship and I am anxiuos to see how he handles the laws that the Pelosi and Reid are anxious to pass;

1) "Employee Free Choice Act" which is mainly to legislate "card check" the union backed initiative to end secret ballots.

2) "Fairness Doctrine" to mandate that radio stations must air equal conservative and liberal content.

3) "Freedom of Choice Act" which would make null and void every current restriction on abortion in all states, It would overturn state abortion reporting requirements in all 50 states; forty-four states' laws concerning parental involvement; forty states' laws on restricting later-term abortions; forty-six states' conscience protection laws for individual health care providers; twenty-seven states' conscience protection laws for institutions; thirty-eight states' bans on partial-birth abortions; thirty-three states' laws on requiring counselling before an abortion; and sixteen states' laws concerning ultrasounds before an abortion.

All three of these proposed legislative acts ar abhorent to conservatives. If Obama simply sign them into law, my sceptism will have been well-founded. I am hopeful, he proves me wrong.