Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama and the Democratic Majority: The New Direction of America

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

President Obama and the Democratic Majority: The New Direction of America

So, now that the election is settled, and Obama is our President-Elect and beginning the process of setting up his transition and planning for his Democratic Majority in both House, and Senate, what change can we assume will be coming in his first term?

--Taxes will be raised (Obama claims only on ~$250-$150K and up. Many fear it will be $42K and up or worse). But taxes will be raised.

--Windfall Profit Tax on Oil Companies, removal of Oil Company Tax breaks. The price of Gasoline will rise.

--Massive increases in the funding of alternative energy. Govt. incentives to switch to alt. energy, penalties implemented to those who refuse to convert.

--Amnesty of the ~20 Million Illegal Aliens in the US today. The "penalty" is yet to be determined, but these illegals will be on some form of "path to citizenship" by the end of his first term.

--Withdrawal from the "illegal" War in Iraq. By the end of his first term, the U.S. will have no forces in Iraq Whatsoever.

--Escalation of the War in Afganistan. Most of the forces removed from Iraq will serve in Afganistan.

--Minimum of two new Supreme Court Justices will be Nominated and pass. They will not face anything similar to what Roberts and ailito did, and they will generally be viewed as strong and dedicated Liberals.

--Implementation of the Fairness Doctrine for Radio.

--Creation of the "Civil Defense Force" as well funded and equipped as the U.S. Army.

--Added Govt. Oversight over all aspects of Wall Street and the Banking/Mortgage/Securities Field, with many new and strengthened regulations put in place. Priority will remin on loaning to low-income families.

--Possible legislation to limit CEO/Executive Compensation packages.

--Exploration of Slavery Reparations. May be passed and paid by the end of term one.

--A Peace accord between the U.S. and Iran, that allows Iran to develop civil-use Nuclear Facilities in exchange for U.S. financial aid and an Iranian promice not to develop Weapons.

Am I missing anything major?
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-05-2008 at 10:32 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very hopeful that Obama will deliver on his promise of ending partisanship and I am anxiuos to see how he handles the laws that the Pelosi and Reid are anxious to pass;

1) "Employee Free Choice Act" which is mainly to legislate "card check" the union backed initiative to end secret ballots.

2) "Fairness Doctrine" to mandate that radio stations must air equal conservative and liberal content.

3) "Freedom of Choice Act" which would make null and void every current restriction on abortion in all states, It would overturn state abortion reporting requirements in all 50 states; forty-four states' laws concerning parental involvement; forty states' laws on restricting later-term abortions; forty-six states' conscience protection laws for individual health care providers; twenty-seven states' conscience protection laws for institutions; thirty-eight states' bans on partial-birth abortions; thirty-three states' laws on requiring counselling before an abortion; and sixteen states' laws concerning ultrasounds before an abortion.

All three of these proposed legislative acts ar abhorent to conservatives. If Obama simply sign them into law, my sceptism as to his promises of ending the partisan divide will have been well-founded. I am hopeful, he proves me wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843448]Am I missing anything major?[/QUOTE]

yes, levity.

maybe 10% of those things will happen. Maybe 0. e.g. Reparations are you kidding?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2843493]yes, levity.

maybe 10% of those things will happen. Maybe 0. e.g. Reparations are you kidding?[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that? These are all things Obama nd/or Democrats have promiced during the course of the election cycle.

They now control our Government completely.

So why would they not accomplish the things they want to accomplish?

You're not making excuses already......are you? One day in and already the "he couldn't get it done" argument?

Wow.

You do know your party won, right? No need to hide from your agenda Bit. You and your fellow dedicated and loyal Democrats run America now, with a massive majority and a clear mandate.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843498]Why do you say that? These are all things Obama nd/or Democrats have promiced during the course of the election cycle.

They now control our Government completely.

So why would they not accomplish the things they want to accomplish?

You're not making excuses already......are you? One day in and already the "he couldn't get it done" argument?

Wow.

You do know your party won, right? No need to hide from your agenda Bit. You and your fellow dedicated and loyal Democrats run America now, with a massive majority and a clear mandate.[/QUOTE]

Get used to it.

Obama started backpeddling in his acceptance speech.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843448]So, now that the election is settled, and Obama is our President-Elect and beginning the process of setting up his transition and planning for his Democratic Majority in both House, and Senate, what change can we assume will be coming in his first term?

--Taxes will be raised (Obama claims only on ~$250-$150K and up. Many fear it will be $42K and up or worse). But taxes will be raised.

--Windfall Profit Tax on Oil Companies, removal of Oil Company Tax breaks. The price of Gasoline will rise.

--Massive increases in the funding of alternative energy. Govt. incentives to switch to alt. energy, penalties implemented to those who refuse to convert.

--Amnesty of the ~20 Million Illegal Aliens in the US today. The "penalty" is yet to be determined, but these illegals will be on some form of "path to citizenship" by the end of his first term.

--Withdrawal from the "illegal" War in Iraq. By the end of his first term, the U.S. will have no forces in Iraq Whatsoever.

--Escalation of the War in Afganistan. Most of the forces removed from Iraq will serve in Afganistan.

--Minimum of two new Supreme Court Justices will be Nominated and pass. They will not face anything similar to what Roberts and ailito did, and they will generally be viewed as strong and dedicated Liberals.

--Implementation of the Fairness Doctrine for Radio.

--Added Govt. Oversight over all aspects of Wall Street and the Banking/Mortgage/Securities Field, with many new and strengthened regulations put in place. Priority will remin on loaning to low-income families.

--Exploration of Slavery Reparations. May be passed and paid by the end of term one.

--A Peace accord between the U.S. and Iran, that allows Iran to develop civil-use Nuclear Facilities in exchange for U.S. financial aid and an Iranian promice not to develop Weapons.

Am I missing anything major?[/QUOTE]

Wow. And you say my posts have an agenda.

Careful, you are scaring all the old white people.

What about Tupac's birthday becoming a national holiday?

Please show me the link where Obama wants reparations.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2843506]Please show me the link where Obama wants reparations.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to ask JetDawgg. He's the Reparations Expert.

I notice no one is contestign the other goals, just sniping this one. Shocker.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843511]You'll have to ask JetDawgg. He's the Reparations Expert.

I notice no one is contestign the other goals, just sniping this one. Shocker.[/QUOTE]

No I'm asking you as you put in in YOUR statement. And I highlight that one as it was obviously put in for its shock value...with no facts to back it up.

Pretty weak for a "heavyweight" like yourself. :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2843518]No I'm asking you as you put in in YOUR statement. And I highlight that one as it was obviously put in for its shock value...with no facts to back it up.

Pretty weak for a "heavyweight" like yourself. :P[/QUOTE]

Ask anyone. I'm no heavyweight in here.

Unless we're talking about me actually being fat, of course.

Edit: Oh, forgot the Obama plan for the "Civil defense Force". Added that to the OP.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843448]

[/QUOTE]

These would be cool; everything else sucks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama barely has his foot in the door and he won't take office for another 3 months, but already the sky is falling. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama become much more centrist as a President, and he will try to keep the Dem majority in Congress in check. Reparations, a nuclear Iran, continued subprime loans, and higher taxes are all a farce that I would expect coming from a Rush Limbaugh type.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2843527]Obama barely has his foot in the door and he won't take office for another 3 months, but already the sky is falling. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama become much more centrist as a President, and he will try to keep the Dem majority in Congress in check. Reparations, a nuclear Iran, continued subprime loans, and higher taxes are all a farce that I would expect coming from a Rush Limbaugh type.[/QUOTE]

Why would you, of all our resident loyal dedicated Democrats, claim this list is "the sky falling".

Again, to the best of my knowledge, Obama and/or Democrats have claimed or promised to explore doing everything on this list.

With Obama as President, and an ultra-majority, why would they NOT do it?

The only thing I am seeing is excuse making....already.....so I'll say the same to you I said to Bit. You won. The party you support won. No need to hide now Para. Be loud, be proud, and support your man and his policies.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;2843527]Obama barely has his foot in the door and he won't take office for another 3 months, but already the sky is falling. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama become much more centrist as a President, and he will try to keep the Dem majority in Congress in check. Reparations, a nuclear Iran, continued subprime loans, and higher taxes are all a farce that I would expect coming from a Rush Limbaugh type.[/QUOTE]

I heard they're coming for our white women.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Roll your eyes as much as you want and I am glad to see you have a [B][I]feeling[/I][/B] for Obama as a centrist but nothing in his brief history nor his two headed attack dog of Reid/Pelosi give any indication of him moving to the center.
    But don't let history and words get in the way of your [B][I]"feeling"[/I][/B]:rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and by the way, if anyone disagreesw ith my list they are certainly free to reply here with their OWN list of "change" and Policy moves Obama will bring.

I'm open to hearing what policy changes others think he will bring, right or left based. If I am wrong, it should be pretty easy to make your own list of "changes" right?

Point of teh trhead is to discuss what change he will bring, with his ultra-majority in both houses and total control over the Govt.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2843536]I heard they're coming for our white women.[/QUOTE]

FF2, stop trolling, I'm in no mood today. I am absolutely serious with this list, and I expect the replies to be serious.

If you disgaree with my list (which is 100% fine), make your own and tell us, in all your wisdom, exactly what change you think will be brought in these first 4 years of Obama. Or provide quotes or promices from Dems that counters my list.

But trolling won;t be accepted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843498]Why do you say that? These are all things Obama nd/or Democrats have promiced during the course of the election cycle.

[/QUOTE]

Um, no they are not.

Obama has never said anything remotely in favor of reparations. He has never supported the fairness doctrine.

You clearly have not been paying the slightest bit of attention to what he's said about Iraq, because he has said over and over again that we will have troops there to protect our embassy, train Iraqis and conduct missions against terror groups more or less permanently.

You flat made up the Iran treaty nuclear stuff. You made up the stuff about a "civil defense force" being as well funded as the Army. You made up the limits on CEO comp (which have been proposed only for companies receiving billions in federal bailout money, not for CEOs in general).

I mean, is this post is a joke?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843520]

Edit: Oh, forgot the Obama plan for the "Civil defense Force". Added that to the OP.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they will wear brown shirts like Hitlers force did?? Or the Black Panthers may just be expanded??:eek:
    [IMG]http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/1abilly003.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Savage69; 11-05-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2843538]Roll your eyes as much as you want and I am glad to see you have a [B][I]feeling[/I][/B] for Obama as a centrist but nothing in his brief history nor his two headed attack dog of Reid/Pelosi give any indication of him moving to the center.
    But don't let history and words get in the way of your [B][I]"feeling"[/I][/B]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The difference between seeking power with an idea of what you want to do with it once you have it is quickly over taken by the desire to keep that power once you have it. I suspect the desire to stay in power will have a regulating effect on the former. We will see soon enough.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843549]Um, no they are not.

Obama has never said anything remotely in favor of reparations. He has never supported the fairness doctrine.[/quote]

You can read, can't you Nuu?

Democrats HAVE openly supported both issues, and this list is not for Obama alone (he isn't ruling alone, is he?) but also includes his Democrat ultra-majority and their agenda.

Are you so afriad of these things Nuu? Thsi is what you wanted. Now you have it, and you're afraid of it?