Thread: Holy Crap: Alaska REALLY doesn't like Dems

Holy Crap: Alaska REALLY doesn't like Dems

It appears that soon-to-be-jailed, convicted felon Ted Stevens has won re-election to the Senate over Democratic Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich.

Wow.

After he gets locked up, Gov. Palin will get to appoint his successor. I wouldn't be shocked if she taps herself for the post.

I'm moving to Alaska.

Where the climate is cold and the Gov. is hot....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2843703]I'm moving to Alaska.

Where the climate is cold and the Gov. is hot....[/QUOTE]

And recently exonerated it the 'troopergate' issue. Of course that didn't get much press...

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843593]

After he gets locked up, Gov. Palin will get to appoint his successor. I wouldn't be shocked if she taps herself for the post.[/QUOTE]

Actually, neither would I. If she wants to start prepping for 2012, this would be a good move for her.

[QUOTE=Piper;2843709]And recently exonerated it the 'troopergate' issue. Of course that didn't get much press...[/QUOTE]

Legislation forum said she abused her bower, private investigator exonerated her.

Score is 1-1

[QUOTE=Piper;2843709]And recently exonerated it the 'troopergate' issue. Of course that didn't get much press...[/QUOTE]

Not really.

The bipartisan investigation found her guilty of abusing her office, and then her hand-picked investigator cleared her.

Pretty obvious whitewash. That said, it didn't loom nearly as large in voters' judgment of her as her total lack of knowledge on key issues did.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843716]Not really.

The bipartisan investigation found her guilty of abusing her office, and then her hand-picked investigator cleared her.

Pretty obvious whitewash. That said, it didn't loom nearly as large in voters' judgment of her as her total lack of knowledge on key issues did.[/QUOTE]

Which is why this would be a good move for her.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2843726]Which is why this would be a good move for her.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

If she wants a future in national politics --which she obviously does-- she'd be wise to send herself to the Senate, where she could become more fluent on national issues and would be more regularly in the spotlight.

Plus, she has some real enemies in the statehouse up there (Republican speaker Lyda Green, mostly) who could make trouble for her in office if she stays. I'd also add that falling gas prices are going to put a dent in those windfall-profit tax rebates she likes to hand out, which will hurt her popularity.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843751]Yup.

If she wants a future in national politics --which she obviously does-- she'd be wise to send herself to the Senate, where she could become more fluent on national issues and would be more regularly in the spotlight.

Plus, she has some real enemies in the statehouse up there (Republican speaker Lyda Green, mostly) who could make trouble for her in office if she stays. I'd also add that falling gas prices are going to put a dent in those windfall-profit tax rebates she likes to hand out, which will hurt her popularity.[/QUOTE]

Agreed all around..

I don't think she'd do well in the senate though.

I reeaalllllly reaaaallllly hope the republican party moves far away from this nitwit..

[QUOTE=CTM;2843755]Agreed all around..

I reeaalllllly reaaaallllly hope the republican party moves far away from this nitwit..[/QUOTE]

I hope they keep her front and center:D.

Seriously, I can think of few things as potentially amusing as watching her long-windedly hold forth on the nuances of some policy minutiae on C-Span.

"I yield my time to the gentleman from Kentucky. You betcha."

All League
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2843703]I'm moving to Alaska.

Where the climate is cold and the Gov. is hot....[/QUOTE]

Hot?:eek:

Maybe I need to change my prescription

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843814]I hope they keep her front and center:D.

Seriously, I can think of few things as potentially amusing as watching her long-windedly hold forth on the nuances of some policy minutiae on C-Span.

"I yield my time to the gentleman from Kentucky. You betcha."[/QUOTE]

Lol... Good point..

[QUOTE=CTM;2843755]Agreed all around..

I reeaalllllly reaaaallllly hope the republican party moves far away from this nitwit..[/QUOTE]

I cant imagine they would keep her front and center anymore than the Dems did John Kerry after every liberal talk show host labelled him "the leader of our party" for at least a whole year after he lost the election. Im all for people that arent the typical politician but she just sounds like an idiot. My guess is Palin ends up getting a pretty lucrative offer from Fox or CNN to host a talk show.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843593]
    After he gets locked up, Gov. Palin will get to appoint his successor. I wouldn't be shocked if she taps herself for the post.[/QUOTE]

If she taps herself, will she get knocked up again? She seems really fertile.