Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, Oreily, Levin and the rest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Limbaugh, Hannity, Oreily, Levin and the rest.

Really curious to see if they take two seconds out to recognize the historic accomplishment that took place yesterday and compliment Obama for a brilliant campaign. ( McCain realized it, and seized the moment) Will they have the Decency?
    I would guess Oreilly will recognize this. If anyone caught the opening of Limbaugh please inform us what was said

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did Al Franken ever acknowledge Bush as the true president? Obviously it is historic and I'm sure they all know that but it does not make swallowing such a radical in the white house any easier I'm sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31"]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31[/URL]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;2843846]Really curious to see if they take two seconds out to recognize the historic accomplishment that took place yesterday and compliment Obama for a brilliant campaign. ( McCain realized it, and seized the moment) Will they have the Decency?
    I would guess Oreilly will recognize this. If anyone caught the opening of Limbaugh please inform us what was said[/QUOTE]

It simply boggles my mind how the democrats are seeking class on the part of the right after what theyve done with Bush the past 8 years. Making movies about how he was behind 9/11, movies about his assasination, rallies with burning US flags, etc. But you know what, I can guarantee you Bill O talks very highly about obama tonight, just like Keith Olberman and the other defmocrats would have done had McCain won :eek:.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think BHO's campaign was as brilliant..it's more McCain's was not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2843865]It simply boggles my mind how the democrats are seeking class on the part of the right after what theyve done with Bush the past 8 years. Making movies about how he was behind 9/11, movies about his assasination, rallies with burning US flags, etc. But you know what, I can guarantee you Bill O talks very highly about obama tonight, just like Keith Olberman and the other defmocrats would have done had McCain won :eek:.[/QUOTE]

+1

When it comes to some Libs, respect and grace and decency is a one-way-street, from the right to them only. They owe conservatives and right-leaners no such respect.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2843865]It simply boggles my mind how the democrats are seeking class on the part of the right after what theyve done with Bush the past 8 years. Making movies about how he was behind 9/11, movies about his assasination, rallies with burning US flags, etc. But you know what, I can guarantee you Bill O talks very highly about obama tonight, just like Keith Olberman and the other defmocrats would have done had McCain won :eek:.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we will continue to hear right wings nutbags say that President Obama isn't a U.S citizen. How about you? You still want to see his birth certificate?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cdflip78;2843855]Did Al Franken ever acknowledge Bush as the true president? Obviously it is historic and I'm sure they all know that but it does not make swallowing such a radical in the white house any easier I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't Bush have had to been elected to be the true President?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843882]+1

When it comes to some Libs, respect and grace and decency is a one-way-street, from the right to them only. They owe conservatives and right-leaners no such respect.[/QUOTE]

Um, actually, there is a major difference between asking right wing nut jobs to accept that what happened yesterday was historic, and being angry and horrified at the policies of the president.

When Obama actually takes office and starts to enact policy decisions, then you can rant and rave all you want. I mean, heck, judging by how paranoid, angry, and stubborn you are already being on election day +1, I can only imagine what you have in store for the board.

But trying to pretend that what this thread began with is the same thing as the anger against Bush is hugely dubious and laughable. But then agian, that's no shocker...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    all of those names you listed with the possible exception of billo - their only function is to facilitate hate. that's it, that's all that limbaugh, hannity and levin do.

between them they'll be whining about william ayers and rahm emanuel for like twenty hours today. thankfully the talk radio "base" of the republican party has just about as much say in american politics at this moment as this forum does, if not a little less.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened yesterday was historic. [B]McCain[/B] himself realized this. Is he a Lib? Im a registered independent who has never voted because a candidate because of an "R" or a "D' next to his or her name like so many of you do. Ive voted both parties.

But the question remains. these are the leading political talk shows here in the new york area, and right or wrong, theyve blasted Obama. will they recognize the moment?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, you can argue about who was nastier to who first as long as you want. The fact is, it goes both ways. The Dems went over the top with some of the Bush bashing, but was it any worse than when the Republican editorial pages and talk show hosts accused Bill Clinton of being a rapist and a murderer and openly called for his justice department agents to be killed?

It's a long, nasty cycle of viciousness, and its been going on since the 1960s.

Obama is not a baby boomer, and one of the things that voters found appealing about him is that he (1) promises more civility and politics and (2) realized the relitigating the 1960s over and over again has been terrible for the country.

Last night in his speech he was very gracious to the Republican Party, and vowed to work with them. McCain, for his part, was gracious and vowed to work with Obama.

I read this from Tom Coburn, a highly conservative and respected GOP Senator from Oklahoma, today:

[url]http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/11/recriminations_watch_dr_coburn.php[/url]

[QUOTE]"Our president-elect offered an olive branch to Republicans last night to 'heal the divides that have held back progress.' We would be wise to accept his offer, roll up our sleeves and work together on areas where we can agree. The unmistakable mandate everyone in public office can take from this election is that it's time to define a 'new kind of politics' with our actions, not just our words. The space between the parties is a vast frontier of consensus and possibility. The American people have always called this area 'common sense.' It's time for elected officials to put aside their careerist aspirations in service to this ideal. [/QUOTE]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2843888]I'm sure we will continue to hear right wings nutbags say that President Obama isn't a U.S citizen. How about you? You still want to see his birth certificate?[/QUOTE]

No, because I am above that and I will support Obama and I will give him a chance. But for people to get their panties all wet after showing republicans less respect than Hugo Chavez for eight years is sort of, I cant even come up with the word.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Class will be shown by those who are classy on both sides.

John McCain was classy and gracious in defeat. Michael Moore, Keith Olbermann, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are not.

And why would they be? Its not their job to validate anyone else's feelings. Its their jobs to get ratings. If you watch them with that in mind, you won't feel as outraged.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2843921]No, because I am above that and I will support Obama and I will give him a chance. But for people to get their panties all wet after showing republicans less respect than Hugo Chavez for eight years is sort of, I cant even come up with the word.[/QUOTE]

The American people (Not just liberals) clearly disapprove of President Bush, this election and the 2006 election was a referendum on George W. Bush and his policies.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2843920]You know, you can argue about who was nastier to who first as long as you want. The fact is, it goes both ways. The Dems went over the top with some of the Bush bashing, but was it any worse than when the Republican editorial pages and talk show hosts accused Bill Clinton of being a rapist and a murderer and openly called for his justice department agents to be killed?

It's a long, nasty cycle of viciousness, and its been going on since the 1960s.

Obama is not a baby boomer, and one of the things that voters found appealing about him is that he (1) promises more civility and politics and (2) realized the relitigating the 1960s over and over again has been terrible for the country.

Last night in his speech he was very gracious to the Republican Party, and vowed to work with them. McCain, for his part, was gracious and vowed to work with Obama.

I read this from Tom Coburn, a highly conservative and respected GOP Senator from Oklahoma, today:

[url]http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/11/recriminations_watch_dr_coburn.php[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting that, and I am on that boat. I really am. But for people to start a thread curious as to whether or not conservative hosts will give Obama respect is insulting. I know they will, because I truly believe they are above the lefties who threatend to move to another country if some horrible person like John McCain was nominated. Bill O'Reilly even said he walked away from his interview with Obama with a great impression of the guy. I am not defendign O'Reilly or anyone else for that matter, but the left and their media painted McCain into someone he clearly was not and it took him only being gracious in defeat to appreciate him. The left and right media has caused a lot of hate in this country - both ways - and to expect the right to just say were cool now should not be expected just because your candidate won.
    Last edited by mallamalla; 11-05-2008 at 01:34 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2843928]Thank you for posting that, and I am on that boat. I really am. But for people to start a thread curious as to whether or not conservative hosts will give Obama respect is insulting. I know they will, because I truly believe they are above the lefties who threatend to move to another country if some horrible person like John McCain was nominated. Bill O'Reilly even said he walked away from his interview with Obama with a great impression of the guy[/QUOTE]

hold the phone guy....righties are above lefties..that's a laugher..c'mon, how about a little integrity here..both sides have decidedly nasty aspects to them....

Should I lump all conservatives with the likes of those who post photo shopped pictures of Obama looking like Bin Laden, or that they too were leaving the country...there are plenty of people who will not give Obama the benefit of the doubt...whatever he does will be scrutinized by the crazies on the right...just like they were on the left.

The poster here really is just happy that the really vitriolic ones on the right will be squirming today.

Just like the righties would be rubbing it in if Obama lost...you guys would be having a field day at that upset.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    deleted

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you'll see the olive branch extended via the nomination of some Republicans to some key cabinet positions. I think you could see Robert Gates stay on as Secretary of Defense, Dick Lugar named Secretary of State, and possibly Paul Volcker as Secretary of Treasury(former Carter AND Reagan appointee).

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=piney;2843935]hold the phone guy....righties are above lefties..that's a laugher..c'mon, how about a little integrity here..both sides have decidedly nasty aspects to them....

Should I lump all conservatives with the likes of those who post photo shopped pictures of Obama looking like Bin Laden, or that they too were leaving the country...there are plenty of people who will not give Obama the benefit of the doubt...whatever he does will be scrutinized by the crazies on the right...just like they were on the left.

The poster here really is just happy that the really vitriolic ones on the right will be squirming today.

Just like the righties would be rubbing it in if Obama lost...you guys would be having a field day at that upset.[/QUOTE]

I didnt say that. I said the guys like Bill oreilly are better than the lefties who threatend to move if McCain won.