Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, Oreily, Levin and the rest.

[QUOTE=scott dierking II;2843942]I think you'll see the olive branch extended via the nomination of some Republicans to some key cabinet positions. I think you could see Robert Gates stay on as Secretary of Defense, Dick Lugar named Secretary of State, and possibly Paul Volcker as Secretary of Treasury(former Carter AND Reagan appointee).[/QUOTE]

Right, and John Kerry might be named secretary of state. What a joke

All League
    [QUOTE=crasherino;2843922]Class will be shown by those who are classy on both sides.

John McCain was classy and gracious in defeat. Michael Moore, Keith Olbermann, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are not.

And why would they be? Its not their job to validate anyone else's feelings. Its their jobs to get ratings. If you watch them with that in mind, you won't feel as outraged.[/QUOTE]

exactly. Olberman and Moore are complete losers. I actually like Oreilly most of the time

[QUOTE=mallamalla;2843928]Thank you for posting that, and I am on that boat. I really am. But for people to start a thread curious as to whether or not conservative hosts will give Obama respect is insulting. I know they will, because I truly believe they are above the lefties who threatend to move to another country if some horrible person like John McCain was nominated. Bill O'Reilly even said he walked away from his interview with Obama with a great impression of the guy[/QUOTE]

I think we need to recognize that a more civil politics will not make the likes of Michael Moore and Sean Hannity and Rosie O'Donnell and Ann Coulter more civil. There will always be an angry fringe to both parties.

What seems to have happened over the pas two decades is that the angry fringe got mainstreamed.

I'm not naive enough to think there won't always be arguments and disagreements --the parties have different philosophies, of course-- but the fighting has, I think, stopped us from solving things that ought to be common sense.

The stuff I read from Coburn, McCain and Obama yesterday suggests that, on some level, all three get it.

Obama can take the first step by making good on what he promised last night: By reaching out to the GOP more than his electoral mandate suggests he has to (Clinton and Bush kicked the minority early and each paid a hefty price for it).

The GOP can follow by, as Coburn suggests, making a real effort at compromise where it's possible.

All League
    Hey, its NOT "Bush Bashing", its Bush reporting. I don't know how some of you can defend a president who's policies and decisions have done more to make our country a 3rd world power than any president in US history. From his PERSONAL decision to incite the Iraq war instead of continuing the REAL war on terror, to his erosion of individual rights and incomprehensible fiscal IRRESPONSIBILITY, this 8 years will go down in history as the WORST presidency in US history.

It was SOOOOOOO bad that the US elected a relatively unknown Black Candidate with an Islamic name.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2843882]+1

When it comes to some Libs, respect and grace and decency is a one-way-street, from the right to them only. They owe conservatives and right-leaners no such respect.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and there isn't an large contingent on the right side who act similarly...

How about this, all overly partisan people are teh suck

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;2843975]Hey, its NOT "Bush Bashing", its Bush reporting. I don't know how some of you can defend a president who's policies and decisions have done more to make our country a 3rd world power than any president in US history. From his PERSONAL decision to incite the Iraq war instead of continuing the REAL war on terror, to his erosion of individual rights and incomprehensible fiscal IRRESPONSIBILITY, this 8 years will go down in history as the WORST presidency in US history.

It was SOOOOOOO bad that the US elected a relatively unknown Black Candidate with an Islamic name.[/QUOTE]

Haahhhaah you are right!!!!!:yes:

[QUOTE=CTM;2844009]Yes, and there isn't an large contingent on the right side who act similarly...

How about this, all overly partisan people are teh suck[/QUOTE]

Sounds great.....except we have folks who claim the only folks who would qualify are "right Wing Radio and FOX". When it's crush a righty, it's legitimate criticism and dissent. When it's the other way round, it's hatred and evil.

So sure, I guess we can all go along with that. Why not.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2844020]Sounds great.....except we have folks who claim the only folks who would qualify are "right Wing Radio and FOX". When it's crush a righty, it's legitimate criticism and dissent. When it's the other way round, it's hatred and evil.

So sure, I guess we can all go along with that. Why not.[/QUOTE]

I can't say that I agree. You think Olberman is respected anywhere besides the Daily Kos?

[QUOTE=CTM;2844032]I can't say that I agree. You think Olberman is respected anywhere besides the Daily Kos?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I can. I can say almost every Liberal I know loves him, and thinks he is very much a "legitimate journalist" and nothing like Hannity et al.

He's also an Opinion maker for a major network. He's not on Radio, he's on TV, alot in some cases.

So I guess we just disagree. Seems to be a trend for me today.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2844045]Yes. I can. I can say almost every Liberal I know loves him, and thinks he is very much a "legitimate journalist" and nothing like Hannity et al.

He's also an Opinion maker for a major network. He's not on Radio, he's on TV, alot in some cases.

So I guess we just disagree. Seems to be a trend for me today.[/QUOTE]
    Works with Hannity as well if you change a few key words..

[QUOTE]Yes. I can. I can say almost every [I]social conservative[/I] I know loves him, and thinks he is very much a "legitimate journalist" and nothing like [I]Olbermann [/I]et al.

He's also an Opinion maker for a major network. He's also on Radio, he's on TV, alot in some cases.
    [/QUOTE]

I think again we have a difference of perception. My wife's family is very into religion and politics and take everything out of Hannity/Limbaugh/Fox news as gospel. You seem to be around lefties more, which being in the DC area would make sense...

My wifes brother thinks Obama is the antichrist and fulfillment of biblical prophecy. My mother-in-law thinks Palin is smart as a whip and should've been top of the ticket, that FOx news is the only true news source out there. This is what I'm surrounded by irl. I have little doubt that if I was surrounded by Daily Kos users, my vitriol for all things extreme left would match your own..

[QUOTE=CTM;2844032]I can't say that I agree. You think Olberman is respected anywhere besides the Daily Kos?[/QUOTE]

I can tell you from direct contact that the majority of Baltimore politicians holding office love him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2844080]I can tell you from direct contact that the majority of Baltimore politicians holding office love him.[/QUOTE]

That's actually an interesting perspective since presumably, Olberman and Daily Kos have helped advance the democratic ticket at all levels, but at the same time, he's way further left then the old Clinton/DLC arm of the party.

You'd think some of them would feel they've been strong armed in moving further to the left..

I wonder if the right wing politicians think the same of Limbaugh?

[QUOTE=CTM;2844094]That's actually an interesting perspective since presumably, Olberman and Daily Kos have helped advance the democratic ticket at all levels, but at the same time, he's way further left then the old Clinton/DLC arm of the party.

You'd think some of them would feel they've been strong armed in moving further to the left..[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly it actually. Democrats here are so engrossed with being in absolute power in this state that it doesn't even matter, however there's moderates in the state senate from outside Baltimore county that balance most of it out.

I have, however, heard many a conversation on the media amongst B-more politicos, especially through this campaign, and the majority of them think he's just dandy.
    [QUOTE]
    I wonder if the right wing politicians think the same of Limbaugh?[/QUOTE]
    The only right wingers who hold any power here are waaaaaaaay out in the boondocks, in districts that were gerrymandered long ago to keep them out of the picture.

Listening to Hannity now. "The conservatives are victims".
    He still mentions Ayrers, Wright and Flager, man he will never get any new ideas.
    Sad.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-teM03FPUow[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY&feature=related[/url]

[quote=nuu faaola;2843954][B]I think we need to recognize that a more civil politics will not make the likes of Michael Moore and Sean Hannity and Rosie O'Donnell and Ann Coulter more civil. There will always be an angry fringe to both parties.[/B]

[B]What seems to have happened over the pas two decades is that the angry fringe got mainstreamed.[/B]

I'm not naive enough to think there won't always be arguments and disagreements --the parties have different philosophies, of course-- but the fighting has, I think, stopped us from solving things that ought to be common sense.

The stuff I read from Coburn, McCain and Obama yesterday suggests that, on some level, all three get it.

Obama can take the first step by making good on what he promised last night: By reaching out to the GOP more than his electoral mandate suggests he has to (Clinton and Bush kicked the minority early and each paid a hefty price for it).

The GOP can follow by, as Coburn suggests, making a real effort at compromise where it's possible.[/quote]

Exactly.

All League
    [QUOTE=cr726;2844298]Listening to Hannity now. "The conservatives are victims".
    He still mentions Ayrers, Wright and Flager, man he will never get any new ideas.
    Sad.[/QUOTE]

The open to his show was all the Wright quotes. He did wish Obama well as that is in the best interest of the country.

He also said that we still don't know the "real" Obama.

Hannity is so limited in what he knows he has to stay on point.

[QUOTE=adb280z;2844347]The open to his show was all the Wright quotes. He did wish Obama well as that is in the best interest of the country.

He also said that we still don't know the "real" Obama.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2843888]I'm sure we will continue to hear right wings nutbags say that President Obama isn't a U.S citizen. How about you? You still want to see his birth certificate?[/QUOTE]

How ironic coming from someone who is not a U.S. citizen. Even furthering the irony is your total classlessness on a thread about how the right won't show class.

You continue to amuse in ways you yourself could never comprehend.