Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Treatment of Bush Has Been A Disgrace

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;2844222]unbelievable. kick a guy when he's down. i, for one, stand by my remarks that sometime, maybe 50 or so years from now, bush will be remembered fondly. much as the dems and others want to make fun of him and his administration, his was not as bad as clinton's and in many cases he is being blamed simply because he's in the seat. and i might add, he accepts the blame simply because he is the man in the seat. let's see how lord obama reacts when things start to unraveling. we already saw how clinton started to blame all those women he banged for his infidelity.

you know, one thing that should be pointed out pretty darn clearly. the president's power is such that he can use his power to actively silence his critics. now you may think he needs some sort of permission from congress but this is not true. he does have a set period of time where he can act unilaterally without even briefing congressional leaders. the fact that bush or any recent president for that matter, has not used his power on political enemies is fairly astounding. bush not once came out with anything derorgatory towards obama or even mccain. he watched the elction from afar and stayed out of it as much as possible, yet the libs and many righties just want to dump on this guy. i don't know if i would have been able to be so restrained and i suspect some of you wouldn't either.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool and everything.
    But it still doesnt excuse the man for organizing a team to go into Iraq where none of the folks in his "inner circle" had absolutely ZERO war or military service experience, Powell being teh only one, correct?.

and this has nothing to do with Bush, but how do [SIZE="4"][SIZE="3"]you[/SIZE][/SIZE] feel that Dick Cheney was one of those who BENEFITED HUGELY from the Iraq War ?
    Is there not something wrong with that picture?
    Last edited by HitSomeone41; 11-05-2008 at 05:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2844185]I see the Boards overwhelming "Conservative Majority" has struck again. It's a wonder any our our tiny and insignifigant Liberal minority here ever manage to get a word in.....[/QUOTE]

The board has changed a lot since 2 heavyweight conservative posters don't post much anymore. I wonder how many brow beaten lefties made quick exists at the hands of those 2..

Without them patrolling the boards, the left is multiplying like a virus in a petri dish..

[QUOTE=Warfish;2844221]

No worries, to them I'm just yet another evil con. ;):rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Never!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Warfish;2844221]I don't need to chek the archives. I lived here, and debated hard against CBTNY, Shakin and the rest well before most of the folks here knew this site existed.

Fact of the matter is, most ofthe hard-core Cons moved on a long time ago. This forum is leftist as all hell today, easily 2 or 3 to 1 in terms of regulars, yet all I ever hear is how "dominated by Conservatives" it is.

No worries, to them I'm just yet another evil con. ;):rolleyes:[/quote]
    i think you even retired here back then!
    :P

i think the lefties just feel empowered by the ****-ups of the bush admin to voice their opinions more loudly these days, just as the righties felt with the embarrassment that was the democratic party 4 years ago. there is not an ounce of restraint from the "IToldYouSo's" at either end of the spectrum.

Leave Britney Alone!

[QUOTE=isired;2844250]i think you even retired here back then!
    :P[/QUOTE]

I "retire" alot. Never seems to stick for more than 32 second though.:D

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;2844222]unbelievable. kick a guy when he's down. i, for one, stand by my remarks that sometime, maybe 50 or so years from now, bush will be remembered fondly. much as the dems and others want to make fun of him and his administration, his was not as bad as clinton's and in many cases he is being blamed simply because he's in the seat. and i might add, he accepts the blame simply because he is the man in the seat. [B] let's see how lord obama reacts when things start to unraveling. [/B]we already saw how clinton started to blame all those women he banged for his infidelity.
    [/QUOTE]

I guarantee that when something goes wrong for the Obama administration, whether it be foreign, domestic, economic, whatever . . . the media will blame Bush. There is no doubt in my mind.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2844281]I guarantee that when something goes wrong for the Obama administration, whether it be foreign, domestic, economic, whatever . . . the media will blame Bush. There is no doubt in my mind.[/QUOTE]

I know right... when will they learn that it's Clinton's fault most of the time. :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=SONNY WERBLIN;2844281]I guarantee that when something goes wrong for the Obama administration, whether it be foreign, domestic, economic, whatever . . . the media will blame Bush. There is no doubt in my mind.[/quote]IIRC, clinton caught a lot of blame during W's first term... i guess it comes with the job.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2844085]Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty -- a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House.[/QUOTE]

but thats the mark of a bad leader. the fact that he needs something from us, he's a leader, we should need loyalty from him. and after 8 years, the reason he doesn't get it is simple, b/c he hasn't given it first. the past 8 years have been a complete cluster-f$%k and much of it could have been avoided if it weren't for bush and his failed administration. he has failed his country men, he was never loyal to us to begin with, we have no reason to be loyal to him. however, this doesn't at all mean that we're incapable of coming together for a singular cause. the fund raising in the days and weeks following september 11th proved that to me, and this campaign of obama's has also further shown me that its possible. the country has spoken, so lets sit back and see what happens now. if in 2012 things are worse than they are now (i can't see that happening, as things are pretty much at their worst right now), then all you republicans can say 'see? told ya so', but until then, shut up and get with the program.

[QUOTE=isired;2844288]IIRC, clinton caught a lot of blame during W's first term... i guess it comes with the job.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to stir anything up, but are you speaking of anything other than 9/11 issues, which required investigation by a bipartisan commission (whose individual members couldn't help but act partisan during hearings)

[QUOTE=isired;2844288]IIRC, clinton caught a lot of blame during W's first term... i guess it comes with the job.[/QUOTE]

True.

But whats bothersome is teh same folks who screamed bloody murder when Righties claimed it was Clinton, will now turn around and scream it was "all Bush" with nary a mumble of the hypcoricy involved 9and vice versa too of course, those who blamed Clinton will claim Bush is blameless).

This, this is the single most mind-numbing aspect of Political Discourse IMO. Far too common.

That is by far your funniest post yet.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2844131]Funny isn't it. Drunk Idiot's, Celebrating in front of his house last night. Comedians constantly insulting him on a world stage. I would expect the liberals to find it funny.. Wait till your boy screws up, hopefully we have just a little more class and stick to the issues not name calling.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Warfish;2844305]True.

But whats bothersome is teh same folks who screamed bloody murder when Righties claimed it was Clinton, will now turn around and scream it was "all Bush" with nary a mumble of the hypcoricy involved 9and vice versa too of course, those who blamed Clinton will claim Bush is blameless).

This, this is the single most mind-numbing aspect of Political Discourse IMO. Far too common.[/quote]agree 1000% - and they'll do it without even a hint of self-awareness... but it's the fact that i find that such an embarrassment that keeps me more or less centered, and independent, so for that i'm thankful. the burden of having to bend my beliefs to match up would be completely exhausting. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2844281]I guarantee that when something goes wrong for the Obama administration, whether it be foreign, domestic, economic, whatever . . . the media will blame Bush. There is no doubt in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Well you won't be able to blame Obama or the race card will get played. Ooooopsss That went bye bye today, we are all now truly equal no more bleeding rants from Sharpton Or Jackson. Now the game is fair as it has been for years.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2844185]I see the Boards overwhelming "Conservative Majority" has struck again. It's a wonder any our our tiny and insignifigant Liberal minority here ever manage to get a word in.....[/QUOTE]

right, because after the Pats lost the super bowl those Pats trolls were all over this board..

dude...the real conservative guys left because they knew Obama would win..

it will be a few weeks or maybe months until the likes of DeanPatsFan returns

yesterday, today, and tomorrow's posters are not the measuring stick for this sites population

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2844085]
    Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty -- a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House.[/QUOTE]

On the contrary it show that as a country, when something isn't working we do something about it.

Our president needs loyalty? He had 8 years to EARN it an failed miserably.

And since when do we care what our enemies think?

[QUOTE=CTM;2844228]The board has changed a lot since 2 heavyweight conservative posters don't post much anymore. I wonder how many brow beaten lefties made quick exists at the hands of those 2..

Without them patrolling the boards, the left is multiplying like a virus in a petri dish..[/QUOTE]

I miss CBNY

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2844305]True.

This, this is the single most mind-numbing aspect of Political Discourse IMO. Far too common.[/QUOTE]

+1 It's why we need more the 2 choices. people will vote based on ideas and record, not party loyalty..

Veteran
    "This is the price Mr. Bush is paying for trying to work with both Democrats and Republicans."

So that's why he's treated the way he is, because he tried to work with both sides. And all this time, I thought it was because he was such a ****up. Lol, I stopped reading it after that.