Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Treatment of Bush Has Been A Disgrace

Our enemies don't have to defeat us.

They know that we will divide and defeat ourselves.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2844222]unbelievable. kick a guy when he's down. i, for one, stand by my remarks that sometime, maybe 50 or so years from now, bush will be remembered fondly. much as the dems and others want to make fun of him and his administration, his was not as bad as clinton's and in many cases he is being blamed simply because he's in the seat. and i might add, he accepts the blame simply because he is the man in the seat. let's see how lord obama reacts when things start to unraveling. we already saw how clinton started to blame all those women he banged for his infidelity.[/quote]

lol, you're living in a dream world.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;2844222]you know, one thing that should be pointed out pretty darn clearly. the president's power is such that he can use his power to actively silence his critics. now you may think he needs some sort of permission from congress but this is not true. he does have a set period of time where he can act unilaterally without even briefing congressional leaders. the fact that bush or any recent president for that matter, has not used his power on political enemies is fairly astounding. bush not once came out with anything derorgatory towards obama or even mccain. he watched the elction from afar and stayed out of it as much as possible, yet the libs and many righties just want to dump on this guy. i don't know if i would have been able to be so restrained and i suspect some of you wouldn't either.[/QUOTE]

What about that "appeasement" bs that Bush attacked Obama about, and eventually flip-flopped on? Bush stayed out of the election as much as he did because McCain wanted him to, for good reason, not because he was some kind of evenhanded nice-guy. The only thing more Bush involvement would have meant would have been an even higher margin of victory for Obama.

so let me guess, bush is responsible for everything that happened during the past 8 years. at least bush has man upped and accepted the blame simply because he was the man in the seat. and no he didn't go around bashing obama. stating that he thought obama is/was an appeaser is simply making an observation about what the guy has. siad nothing that obama has ever done really counts we will find out on jan 21st if this guy is what his critics say.

a for cheney, somebody made some comment about cheney somehow profiteering from the iraq war. i find that comment pretty reprehensible. i'm sure it's related to halliburton being called in to perform some of the reconstruction work. well let me tell you how things work. there are only a handful of companies worldwide that can actually do the work that halliburton did. did you want the contracts awarded to foreign companies? and that's the whole point, you pick you poison and make it work. i don't know for sure if cheney still owns any halliburton. if so it's in a blind trust, if not then any imprprieties are completely unfounded.

[QUOTE=Sharrow;2844429]lol, you're living in a dream world.

What about that "appeasement" bs that Bush attacked Obama about, and eventually flip-flopped on? Bush stayed out of the election as much as he did because McCain wanted him to, for good reason, not because he was some kind of evenhanded nice-guy. The only thing more Bush involvement would have meant would have been an even higher margin of victory for Obama.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;2844131]Funny isn't it. Drunk Idiot's, Celebrating in front of his house last night. Comedians constantly insulting him on a world stage. I would expect the liberals to find it funny.. Wait till your boy screws up, hopefully we have just a little more class and stick to the issues not name calling.[/QUOTE]

Boy? Figures. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2844152]The man got a four year Honeymoon from the Press and had every advantage in the world. He failed, in the judgment of over 70% of the people in this divided nation -- he failed. He failed on every level due to his plain lack of intelligence and mendacious nature. It is pathetic that people are crawling from the woodwork now to whine about the treatment this fool has received. No one made him serve and certainly no one made him serve so poorly -- based on the opportunites he wasted, no one ever deserved to be publicly humiliated more than Bush.

Furthermore, that house is OUR house and last night it was taken back, peacefully, from one of the worst men ever to inhabit it. Nut up and stop crying about it, seriously.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2844222]unbelievable. kick a guy when he's down. i, for one, stand by my remarks that sometime, maybe 50 or so years from now, bush will be remembered fondly. [B]much as the dems and others want to make fun of him and his administration, his was not as bad as clinton's and in many cases he is being blamed simply because he's in the seat[/B]. and i might add, he accepts the blame simply because he is the man in the seat. let's see how lord obama reacts when things start to unraveling. we already saw how clinton started to blame all those women he banged for his infidelity.

you know, one thing that should be pointed out pretty darn clearly. the president's power is such that he can use his power to actively silence his critics. now you may think he needs some sort of permission from congress but this is not true. he does have a set period of time where he can act unilaterally without even briefing congressional leaders. the fact that bush or any recent president for that matter, has not used his power on political enemies is fairly astounding. bush not once came out with anything derorgatory towards obama or even mccain. he watched the elction from afar and stayed out of it as much as possible, yet the libs and many righties just want to dump on this guy. i don't know if i would have been able to be so restrained and i suspect some of you wouldn't either.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding. Fondly? That's why his party was trying to distance themselves from him as much as possible the last few months. What a total embarrassment. Yeah, Bill Clinton was terrible. That's why he had the highest approval rating of any President leaving office since FDR.

And of course Bush stayed out of the election process. The RNC, I'm sure, put a gag order on his a**. They wanted him as far away from this election as he could get.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2844281]I guarantee that when something goes wrong for the Obama administration, whether it be foreign, domestic, economic, whatever . . . the media will blame Bush. There is no doubt in my mind.[/QUOTE]

It will take a miracle worker to right this ship in 8 years, much less 4.

All League
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2844401]I miss CBNY[/QUOTE]

What happened to him?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2844452]Boy? Figures. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Even on the Internet nobody likes you. Keep posting away when nobody's around. You're not paranoid Jordy. It's true everybody hates you:yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2844221]I don't need to chek the archives. I lived here, and debated hard against CBTNY, Shakin and the rest well before most of the folks here knew this site existed.

Fact of the matter is, most ofthe hard-core Cons moved on a long time ago. This forum is leftist as all hell today, easily 2 or 3 to 1 in terms of regulars, yet all I ever hear is how "dominated by Conservatives" it is.

No worries, to them I'm just yet another evil con. ;):rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The partisanship in this forum is riduculous and becomes a complete waste of time as isired said. The name-calling used to erupt after much debate. Now youre an idiot right off the bat if you dont agree immediately. Probably has more to do with the age of the posters rather than party affiliation.
    The Bit-CBNY debates were classic. JMO. Carry on...

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2844490]Even on the Internet nobody likes you. Keep posting away when nobody's around. You're not paranoid Jordy. It's true everybody hates you:yes:[/QUOTE]

I like Jordy. And I like you Ragu. C'mon...group hug.

first off, when you look at any presidency you have to consider the time frame of reference. for example, truman had a lower approval rating than bush currently does when he left office. 50 or so years later we see that truman was actually one of the good ones. conversely, fdr was revered while in office but 60 years later, he can be held responsible for goading the japanese into world war 2 which ultimately cost us about 500,000 dead. i'm sure that much of clinton's luster has faded since he left office too.

what i see with bush is a guy who actually tried to appease everyone. as the saying goes, a dog can't have two masters. in this regard, bush would have done far better if he either veered to the left or stayed with the right. he was not able to play both sides very well. also, it is human nature for people to bite the hand that feeds them. he gave teddy an awful lot and teddy rewarded him by showing him zero respect on other issues. the lesson here is he shouldn't have tried to pander to teddy because it was a no win game. as for the rnc, well what more can be said. they're trying to win an election and having bush around, especially after the economic meltdown, doesn't help anyone. frankly i'm pretty surprised how well mccain actually did considering the blame placed on bush and the republicans and the fact that the very talk radio that chuck schumer wants to censor was bashing him during the primary. the whole process reminded me about the dole run where they knew he was going to lose and just gave him minimal support.

[QUOTE=Jordy;2844470]You've got to be kidding. Fondly? That's why his party was trying to distance themselves from him as much as possible the last few months. What a total embarrassment. Yeah, Bill Clinton was terrible. That's why he had the highest approval rating of any President leaving office since FDR.

And of course Bush stayed out of the election process. The RNC, I'm sure, put a gag order on his a**. They wanted him as far away from this election as he could get.[/QUOTE]

Bush and the GOP deserve every bit of hate they get for running this country into the ground...His presidency was a complete and utter failure...

End of story

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;2844490]Even on the Internet nobody likes you. Keep posting away when nobody's around. You're not paranoid Jordy. It's true everybody hates you:yes:[/QUOTE]

There's a typical childish Ragoo response. I expected as much. Too bad you're not intelligent enough to actually debate anything of substance. You can only resort to pictures and insults. That's your schtick.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;2844515]first off, when you look at any presidency you have to consider the time frame of reference. for example, truman had a lower approval rating than bush currently does when he left office. 50 or so years later we see that truman was actually one of the good ones. conversely, fdr was revered while in office but 60 years later, he can be held responsible for goading the japanese into world war 2 which ultimately cost us about 500,000 dead. i'm sure that much of clinton's luster has faded since he left office too.

what i see with bush is a guy who actually tried to appease everyone. as the saying goes, a dog can't have two masters. in this regard, bush would have done far better if he either veered to the left or stayed with the right. he was not able to play both sides very well. also, it is human nature for people to bite the hand that feeds them. he gave teddy an awful lot and teddy rewarded him by showing him zero respect on other issues. the lesson here is he shouldn't have tried to pander to teddy because it was a no win game. as for the rnc, well what more can be said. they're trying to win an election and having bush around, especially after the economic meltdown, doesn't help anyone. frankly i'm pretty surprised how well mccain actually did considering the blame placed on bush and the republicans and the fact that the very talk radio that chuck schumer wants to censor was bashing him during the primary. the whole process reminded me about the dole run where they knew he was going to lose and just gave him minimal support.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what percentage of people feel that Truman was "one of the good ones."

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;2844511]I like Jordy. And I like you Ragu. C'mon...group hug.[/QUOTE]

That's OK. There's just some things that weren't meant to be.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2844557]You just keep proving my point every time you post. Thank you!

At least you didn't post any stupid pictures this time. You stuck exclusively with the insults. Well done.[/QUOTE]

No insults next time Jordy. I will let you kill yourself, so to speak. If you seek an open debate with me on anything of Substance, I will openly crush you. I play stupid on the strip.

Jets Insider VIP
    10 minutes and waiting. Your tail is indeed tucked between your legs Jordy.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2844576]10 minutes and waiting. Your tail is indeed tucked between your legs Jordy.[/QUOTE]

FYI...you are scarring me too. Are we OK? Pal...buddy....friend?.....:(

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2;2844585]FYI...you are scarring me too. Are we OK? Pal...buddy....friend?.....:([/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://members.cox.net/ls_eternity6167/Anniversary/I%20Will%20Always%20Love%20You.jpg[/IMG]