Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Fat Limbaugh called Obama a Halfrican American was that racist?

When Fat Limbaugh called Obama a Halfrican American was that racist?

Just curious what you guys think. I would love to beat the crap out of Limbaugh just because of his hypocritical view on drugs before getting caught using.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Is that drug-addled gasbag still on the air?

Always remember that he does what he does to incite anger and increase listenership.

The more divisive, offensive, and radical he gets, the more people pay attention. Advertisers (and his enormous ego) love this.

That said, if someone is half African-American, is it so wrong and racist to say the term "HALFrican-American" ? Can he not say it because he's not "Halfrican" ? (This has not stopped people from calling me a guido, but I digress.)

I'm Republican but he grates on me. He absolutely IS a hypocrite, but then again, most politicians and media figures are in a big way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Poor Rush. Now he's going to pay higher taxes on his $33M salary plus residuals.

Schmegga Dildoes Rush!

Funny thing about Rush is honestly he sucks. I try to listen just to get the other side but he really does nothing for me. While Hannity is a moron at least he keeps my attention. I dont get the Rush thing. I am praying to Jesus he goes deaf forever. That would be great.

Rush is still trying to convince his listeners he wasn't arrested. He turned himself in.

Wow. Cheney is proud.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;2844602]Funny thing about Rush is honestly he sucks. I try to listen just to get the other side but he really does nothing for me. While Hannity is a moron at least he keeps my attention. I dont get the Rush thing. I am praying to Jesus he goes deaf forever. That would be great.[/QUOTE]

So effin mean, yet funny

This thread is pathetic.

Now it is. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=pauliec;2844608]This thread is pathetic.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pauliec;2844608]This thread is pathetic.[/QUOTE]

But the threads about Olberman and the liberal media are necessary?

Limbaugh is disguisting. The people who listen to him for anything other then comedy/entertainment are fools. They prove it everytime they call the show.

Not exactly sure what makes this pathetic. Are you talking about the fact us geeks are typing away about a fat pig?
    Is it the fact I would love him to go deaf?
    Is it the fact he used drugs and talking crap about drug users?
    What is it liver lips?
    Last edited by LanceMehl; 11-05-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: terrible

[QUOTE=GreenJoe;2844480]Always remember that he does what he does to incite anger and increase listenership.

The more divisive, offensive, and radical he gets, the more people pay attention. Advertisers (and his enormous ego) love this.

That said, if someone is half African-American, is it so wrong and racist to say the term "HALFrican-American" ? Can he not say it because he's not "Halfrican" ? (This has not stopped people from calling me a guido, but I digress.)

I'm Republican but he grates on me. He absolutely IS a hypocrite, but then again, most politicians and media figures are in a big way.[/QUOTE] And Lance is giving him some free advertising. Good job!

Free what? To who? A bunch of nerds on a messageboard? Wow if it were only that easy! Slow down Bevis!

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;2844675]Free what? To who? A bunch of nerds on a messageboard? Wow if it were only that easy! Slow down Bevis![/QUOTE]

Yep.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2844628]But the threads about Olberman and the liberal media are necessary?

Limbaugh is disguisting. The people who listen to him for anything other then comedy/entertainment are fools. They prove it everytime they call the show.[/QUOTE]

And Olbermann is just as bad. But I don't wish him any physical harm.

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;2844471]Just curious what you guys think. I would love to beat the crap out of Limbaugh just because of his hypocritical view on drugs before getting caught using.[/QUOTE]

You must be a liberal who believes in peace.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2844638]And Lance is giving him some free advertising. Good job![/QUOTE]

"Good Job"? As in I failed to mention that this makes people talk about him too, besides advertising?

What part of what I said was wrong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Rush is a douche but seriously, what is this thread about? Was what he said racist against black people, white people, people who are half black/half white? I just think it's Rush being Rush and making a statement that gets someone fired up enough to start a thread on it and maybe he gets another listener or two because of it. If that was the goal then bravo, you just increased Rush's revenue. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;2844675]Free what? To who? A bunch of nerds on a messageboard? Wow if it were only that easy! Slow down Bevis![/QUOTE]

not sure what this means. If you don't like the advertising comment, consider that you aren't advertising on his radio program, but many companies do.
    Consider that they also like the fact that his comments are volatile.

I'm also not sure where all these rather acute attacks come from; on the Landing strip people are willing to make formulated arguments. I've noticed on the political forum that people tend to attack based on personal stance. I have no beef with you if you're a democrat, and I certainly have no beef with you if you hate Rush Limbaugh (I hate him too). But Just like Adam Schein and Dan Leberfeld, things are purposely overstated. I have no reason to defend Rush (and I'm not, I hate the fat bastard) but he wants to be slightly shocking.

Is this inaccurate?