Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox report: Sarah Palin didn't know Africa was a continent

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2844654]I just watched this live about an hour ago. [B]I have a feeling the anonymous McCain staffers are using her as a scapegoat big time.[/B] His was one of the most mismanaged campaigns I have ever seen, and they have the perfect opportunity to blame it all on her.[/QUOTE]

This was predicted a week or two ago. I forget the article but there was a good piece about Palin going "rogue" and how the staffers were starting to blame her. But, the article also pointed out how the campaign completely mismanaged and over-controlled her. They put her into a bubble for the first week or two so that the Katie Couric interview took on so much importance and became make or break, rather than letting her take questions here and there selectively. No doubt that Palin is a few sandwiches short of a picnic in some policy areas, but I think the McCain campaign totally goofed the management and perception of her.....like they goofed most things.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2844766]This was predicted a week or two ago. I forget the article but there was a good piece about Palin going "rogue" and how the staffers were starting to blame her. But, the article also pointed out how the campaign completely mismanaged and over-controlled her. They put her into a bubble for the first week or two so that the Katie Couric interview took on so much importance and became make or break, rather than letting her take questions here and there selectively. No doubt that Palin is a few sandwiches short of a picnic in some policy areas, but I think the McCain campaign totally goofed the management and perception of her.....like they goofed most things.[/QUOTE]

Not buying it...Not at all..

And I believe this report too. She's a special kind of nitwit as evidence by that disgraceful Couric interview.

That newsweek behind the scenes report confirms a lot of this as well. She wanted to speak during McCain's concession speech??? WTF?

Yeah, grade schoolers might know that Africa is a continent, but I wonder how many 45 year old adults would remember. There's a show on TV called "Are you smarter then a fifth grader" and I've seen plenty of adults ousted early with similarly simple questions..

Also, the reports from a few weeks ago also where that Palin was distancing from McCain to blame him for the loss, and set herself up to run in 2012. This is also confirmed by her public questioning of his decisions, like withdrawing from michigan
    Last edited by CTM; 11-06-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Palin seems like a nice enough person but she is obviously limited intellectually..having her a heartbeat away from the presidency was unacceptable..We've just been through 8 years of an intellectually challanged president..Give me the bright guy anytime.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2844843]

Yeah, grade schoolers might know that Africa is a continent, but I wonder how many 45 year old adults would remember.[/QUOTE]
    This is where I call BS on the story, it tries to reach a little too far. Sarah Palin did not think Africa was a country.

And bitter staffers spout after every election.

I'd also like to add (like pissing into the wind here) a word about the teflon retard, Joe Biden. In the VP debates Palin correctly outlined the job of the Vice-President, he did not. Like anyone on the late TV joke writing circuit cared.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2844654]I just watched this live about an hour ago. I have a feeling the anonymous McCain staffers are using her as a scapegoat big time. His was one of the most mismanaged campaigns I have ever seen, and they have the perfect opportunity to blame it all on her.[/QUOTE]

I think this is spot on. You've got to measure your belief in this kind of stuff because the motives of the anonymous source are highly questionable.

Plus, they should be talking about how his campaign came up with the genious idea to suspend to go to DC and save the day during the credit crisis. OMG, what a bonehead move. He accomplished less than zero. How in the world could "porks" enemy #1 vote for a bail-out bill with all that pork in it. The guy that made this decision is the guy that cost McCain any chance of winning. Hey, he might even be the person pushing the Palin rumours.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=glenn212;2844897]Palin seems like a nice enough person but she is obviously limited intellectually..having her a heartbeat away from the presidency was unacceptable..We've just been through 8 years of an intellectually challanged president..Give me the bright guy anytime.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ on her intellect. I've seen this lady discuss state-related issues before she was selected as the VP candidate. She is smart. I think the problem was that she was not well informed and up to date on International issues. Either she was a little too busy as Gov and Mom to keep up, or she simply has little interest in the subject.

I think her opponents dismiss her at their peril. Whether she stays in government or becomes a talk show host, she clearly has a following and followings = influence. Just as Oprah.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm skeptical about this. She's a know-nothing, but that's first-grade level info.

I suspect these reports are coming from Romney or Huckabee people who worked for McCain and are trying to get a leg up for their guy in 2012.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2844631]That is embarrassing. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

57 states?

Keep it moving

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. She is worried about what "she" is doing. She repeats every question trying to buy time and then tries to use every big word she can think of, you are staring at her cleavage.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2844957]I beg to differ on her intellect. I've seen this lady discuss state-related issues before she was selected as the VP candidate. She is smart. I think the problem was that she was not well informed and up to date on International issues. Either she was a little too busy as Gov and Mom to keep up, or she simply has little interest in the subject.

I think her opponents dismiss her at their peril. Whether she stays in government or becomes a talk show host, she clearly has a following and followings = influence. Just as Oprah.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're definitely in for 4 years of reports along this line.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2844984]I'm skeptical about this. She's a know-nothing, but that's first-grade level info.

I suspect these reports are coming from Romney or Huckabee people who worked for McCain and are trying to get a leg up for their guy in 2012.[/QUOTE]
    I still say there's a point in your life where first grade level is forgotten..

I don't doubt the veracity of the core of the story one bit. I do however believe it was one of those scenarios where once someone reminded her, it was laughed about. More that she forgot then didn't know..

I just asked my 32 year old wife "Is Africa a country" and she too said yes (she actually thought it was both continent and country??) and then laughed when I pointed out her folly..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And Obama thought (or said, actually) there were 58 states.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't think the Africa thing is a big deal. I thought it was hilarious that she came out swinging and stating she was different.

No Sara you are the typical politician and you just happen to be good looking.

[QUOTE=shakin318;2845039]And Obama thought (or said, actually) there were 58 states.[/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The difference between 57 states and Africa is that everyone knows Obama knows how many states there are. He is a Harvard Grad. Palin has come across as an imbecile [B]numerous[/B] times so she will not get the benefit of the doubt.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845054]
    No [B]Barack[/B] you are the typical politician and you just happen to be good looking.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;2845058]The difference between 57 states and Africa is that everyone knows Obama knows how many states there are. He is a Harvard Grad. Palin has come across as an imbecile [B]numerous[/B] times so she will not get the benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE]

Bush is a Yale grad. So is he automatically intelligent?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845054]
    No Sara you are the typical politician and you just happen to be good looking.[/QUOTE]

Hillary's not good looking?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a penis no.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2845065]Hillary's not good looking?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think Obama is hot?

[QUOTE=Piper;2845061]Fixed[/QUOTE]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    She should know Africa. After all giving alot of money to Africa was Bushes single greatest accomplishmentism.