View Poll Results: My biggest concern/worry about President Obama is that...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will cater to foreign countries too much at the expense of American values

1 3.70%
  • His tax policies will punish hard workers, stifle economic growth

7 25.93%
  • He will become a puppet for the liberal leaders of his party like Pelosi

5 18.52%
  • He will increase the size of government, thinking it can solve all problems

10 37.04%
  • He will withdraw our troops too quickly from places they are still needed

0 0%
  • He may not be tough enough internationally, risking our national security

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My biggest concern/worry about President Obama is...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest concern/worry about President Obama is...

Even if you voted for him, what is the area of most concern for you as he takes office?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i heard he wanted to unlock the prisons and let them run wild

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mikey Z 6;2844873]i heard he wanted to unlock the prisons and let them run wild[/QUOTE]

they are already loose and running Congress

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You really only have two choices:

Raise taxes &
    Not good foreign affairs

These are not even concerns, they are Republican talking appoints that have applied to every Democratic Candidate back to...McGovern.

Each one is purely ideological and speaks nothing about results. I am concerned about getting a positive outcome in Iraq but I don't care if Obama gets it by "hanging tough" or leaving January 31st. I'll take tax increases if we get economic stability and an increasing DOW again.

Maybe you should try to focus on what happens and less on how it happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2844871]Even if you voted for him, what is the area of most concern for you as he takes office?[/QUOTE]

I picked other. I'm afraid that Obama will be 21.7% as incompetent as Bush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2844906]I picked other. I'm afraid that Obama will be 21.7% as incompetent as Bush.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap!! Let the Bush stuff go. He's history. It's time to look forward and end the partisan divide. Bush bashing is no longer en vogue. In fact, I think they may make it a hate crime.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2844877]You really only have two choices:

Raise taxes &
    Not good foreign affairs

These are not even concerns, they are Republican talking appoints that have applied to every Democratic Candidate back to...McGovern.

Each one is purely ideological and speaks nothing about results. I am concerned about getting a positive outcome in Iraq but I don't care if Obama gets it by "hanging tough" or leaving January 31st. I'll take tax increases if we get economic stability and an increasing DOW again.

Maybe you should try to focus on what happens and less on how it happens.[/QUOTE]

You can cut spending, too. We're in big trouble when that's not even considered as an option.
    Last edited by BrooklynBound; 11-06-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first pick was bringing about rapture, since you didn't list that as an option I went with increase the size of government..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2844964]You can cut spending, too. We're in big trouble when that's not even considered as an option.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but he said you would have to do it with a scalpel, not a hatchet, so can he really intend to cut a lot?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2844906]I picked other. I'm afraid that Obama will be 21.7% as incompetent as [B]Carter[/B].[/QUOTE]

Is it possible for you to talk about someone without referencing a previous President?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Following through on the promise of giving government back to the people while increasing the size of government. You can't do both.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much bigger could Obama make our present gov't? GW has topped everyone before him.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2845053]Following through on the promise of giving government back to the people while increasing the size of government. You can't do both.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2845015]Is it possible for you to talk about someone without referencing a previous President?[/QUOTE]

Aren't you still referencing Carter, my friend?
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 11-06-2008 at 10:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the way the choice is worded above, but the biggest concern for me is his keeping the dem congress in check.

This was a major Bush failing with the GOP Congress, which was completely unchecked in its corruption, wild spending and religious dogma (Teri Schiavo), and Bush did nothing but encourage it.

There will be some in Obama's party who try to advance their own Schiavo-like trivia ("fairness doctrine," etc.) at the expense of what should be much larger priorities (energy, health care, foreign wars).

I believe he is more than up to this task, and he has communicated his priorities very clearly. As long as he sticks to the big things he got elected to do, he'll be fine.

If he strays and lets congress indulge itself, I'll be concerned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2845057]How much bigger could Obama make our present gov't? GW has topped everyone before him.[/QUOTE]

I think nuu pretty much articulated my general sentiments above. With a Dem congress, I find myself worried that government spending and expansion will continue to be where it's at or increase (especially now with the government being so heavily invested in private enterprises), only with a different agenda, but under the same general principle.

I do have faith in his word though, as I do believe that Obama will try to stick to his priorities, however the concern (such was the topic of this thread) for me is still there.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 11-06-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2845132][B]I don't like the way the choice is worded above, but the biggest concern for me is his keeping the dem congress in check.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

I agree. I worry that Pelosi and Reid think they have carte blanche and Obama actually grants it to them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2845143]I agree. I worry that Pelosi and Reid think they have carte blanche and Obama actually grants it to them.[/QUOTE]

While I am concerned about this, I find reassurance from two things:

1) Obama won an unbelievable mandate --literally, the most votes ever-- and his coattails are particularly powerful in relation to a congress with a 17% approval rating. Politically, he has all the leverage right now.

2) Pelosi and Reid will also be somewhat constrained by the number of conservative dems now in their caucus. Their top political priority will continue to be maintaining their majority, and they need all those "blue dogs" from southern states to do it. If they veer too far left, they will lose those seats and they know it. .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    His foreign affairs policy doesn't worry me all that much. We need out of Iraq anyway you look at it.

I'm just frustrated that the federal government continues to grow while simultaneously becoming less efficient. Big government = less liberty.

Jefferson & co. are rolling over in their graves.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2845143]I agree. I worry that Pelosi and Reid think they have carte blanche and Obama actually grants it to them.[/QUOTE]

Obama's selection of Rhambo shows that his government will be ruled with an iron fist from the top down.

Pelosi is just a friggin embarrassment. I supported the Dem ticket for president but I just cringed when I saw her on the news. Whenever she was asked about something she side stepped the question and b*tched and moaned about the Republicans. Republicans this..Republicans that... If Obama wants to show the country that he wants to work across party lines, he'd be smart to put that b*tch in her place, fast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2845124]Aren't you still referencing Carter, my friend?[/QUOTE]

When?