Thread: Italy's Berlusconi (no homo)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Italy's Berlusconi (no homo)

[url]http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUKTRE4A562120081106[/url]

[QUOTE]Italy's Berlusconi hails "suntanned" Obama

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi gave an enthusiastic, if unconventional, welcome on Thursday to the election of Barack Obama, citing among his attributes youth, good looks and a "suntan."

Speaking at a joint news conference with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in Moscow, the 72-year-old media tycoon also said Obama's election to the White House had been "hailed by world public opinion as the arrival of a messiah."

"I will try to help relations between Russia and the United States where a new generation has come to power, and I don't see problems for Medvedev to establish good relations with Obama who is also handsome, young and suntanned," he said.

Berlusconi, who himself sports a year-round tan, is famed in diplomatic circles for making sometimes inappropriate quips.

On his first meeting with Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen in 2002, Berlusconi complimented him with the words: "Rasmussen is not only a great colleague, he's also the best-looking prime minister in Europe."

He added: "He's so good looking, I'm even thinking of introducing him to my wife."

He sparked a minor diplomatic incident in 2005 by suggesting he had wooed Finnish President Tarja Halonen to ensure her backing for Italy to host the European Food Safety Authority.

"I had to use all my playboy tactics, even if they have not been used for some time," he said, prompting Helsinki to call in the Italian ambassador to explain the comments.[/QUOTE]

oh boy...this would have been great for Polish jokes

LOL Berlusconi is simultaneously hilarious and embarrassing. The guy is a joke, and runs his government like the Playboy mansion (he went out of his way to hire all good looking females for cabinet positions.

Italy is pretty much ****ed with this guy in charge.

Oh, and he also owns my favorite Italian soccer club. Forza Milan.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2845309]LOL Berlusconi is simultaneously hilarious and embarrassing. The guy is a joke, and runs his government like the Playboy mansion (he went out of his way to hire all good looking females for cabinet positions.

Italy is pretty much ****ed with this guy in charge.

Oh, and he also owns my favorite Italian soccer club. Forza Milan.[/QUOTE]

He is probably the biggest clown on the world stage.

But Italy is a Democracy: I guess they find him amusing or something.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2845312]

But Italy is a Democracy: I guess they find him amusing or something.[/QUOTE]

Of course they do; Italians don't give a **** about anything.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2845309]LOL Berlusconi is simultaneously hilarious and embarrassing. The guy is a joke, and runs his government like the Playboy mansion (he went out of his way to hire all good looking females for cabinet positions.[/QUOTE]
    Oh come on, what man isn't secretly applauding that tactic in some form. There's not a heterosexual man out there that doesn't dream of having national power while being surrounded by beautiful women, whose job it is to service you and do your work for you 24/7. Kudos to him for at least having the balls to be selfish and make my dream his reality. I hope he dresses them all in identical sexy outfits everyday, like P-ssy Galore and the Abrocats.

This man is my hero.