Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Obama Appointment News: Emmanuel, Gibbs sign on

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845371]Well, we have no way to judge them other than for what they are today, right? Sure, we can judge them again in 4 or 8 years too, but right now we can only look at who he picks as a guide for what the next 8 years will hold for us.

And you said "politics as usual" not me. But since you raised it, it does seem (from all reports) that the "Change" Candidate is planning or looking at bringing in a rather large number of veteran Clinton Administration political players. If that constitutes "change" so be it (and I am sure his supporters will explain that at some point), but asking about such things is hardly bad.

Or is it?[/QUOTE]

where did I say you said anything?

Where did I say asking was bad?

I gave my opinion...not a decree that inquiring about it is wrong....

[QUOTE=isired;2845377]fish, before more selections are made, i want to break some news to you - obama will not fill every position with middle of the road, bipartisan faves. i know that's what you expected, but it's just not going to happen. there will be some democrats and even some liberals amongst his appointments. we should all be happy if his most partisan selection is to the most internal of positions.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect Isi, I'm not some noob kid. I'll appreciate it if you stop posting as if I was some new guy doofus with no knowlege that needs you to hold my hand in here, thanks.:rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Warfish;2845381]With all due respect Isi, I'm not some noob kid. I'll appreciate it if you stop posting as if I was some new guy doofus with no knowlege that needs you to hold my hand in here, thanks.:rolleyes:[/quote]come on, man, look at what you're posting. i'm replying the same way i would with anyone else who's playing dumb. you know he's not going to appoint all bi-partisan heroes; you know he's not going to institute reparations, you know he never voted to raise taxes on everyone making $42k or more. correct?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845381]With all due respect Isi, I'm not some noob kid. I'll appreciate it if you stop posting as if I was some new guy doofus with no knowlege that needs you to hold my hand in here, thanks.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I don't think anybody recognizes you without the eyeball avatar. You even had me thinking...

BTW...your new avatar is pretty:D

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845374]So his role in "keeping them in line" means what? No dissention, no voting against Obama? And the penalty for such will be what, removal of party support (something he is well known for from what I hear) for any dissenting voice?

Is that good, as you see it, to have a "pitbull" who ensures 100% Party-line voting?[/QUOTE]

Nobody said anything about 100% party line voting. You invented that.

In fact, he's actively recruited Dems who will not vote with the party on many issues, like guns, abortion, etc. So his record is exactly the opposite of that.
    And Obama himself talks constantly about the need for dissenting views within his administration -- and is, by several accounts, actively recruiting Republicans into it.

But there will be some key votes on issues that may or may not be popular and you want somebody who knows how to twist arms and scratch backs to get those passed. That's just a fact.

The most famous example ever was the Civil Rights Act, which Lyndon Johnson had to alternately cajole, browbeat and flat out bribe members of both parties to get behind. The result was probably the most important legislation of the past century.

So it was good to have a pit bull in that case.

Obama just got a massive mandate from the country to enact his agenda on stuff like energy independence and health care reform. He has an obligation to voters to twist a few arms to see it accomplished, if that's what it takes.

[QUOTE=isired;2845387]come on, man, look at what you're posting. i'm replying the same way i would with anyone else who's playing dumb.[/QUOTE]

No one is "playing dumb".

Obama swore at every opportunity that he stood most for "change" and "post-partisanship" in his campaign.

Is "Rahmbo" that? Thats what I am asking, not if Obama is appointing Libs. Of course he is and I expect him to.

If you want to explain why "Rahmbo" and other reported Clinton Administration members stand for change and post-partisan politics, feel free. I am honest when I ask here if that shwat these people are, since it was Obama himself that swore this was what he stood for.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2845391]I don't think anybody recognizes you without the eyeball avatar. You even had me thinking...

BTW...your new avatar is pretty:D[/QUOTE]

thing is..I don't know what that avatar is..I keep thinking it is a Dokken logo

[QUOTE=isired;2845387]come on, man, look at what you're posting. i'm replying the same way i would with anyone else who's playing dumb. you know he's not going to appoint all bi-partisan heroes; you know he's not going to institute reparations, you know he never voted to raise taxes on everyone making $42k or more. correct?[/QUOTE]

Thats Fish MO. Put attacks in question form like no on will notice. :rolleyes:

Cuz ya know, he has no agenda.

[QUOTE=piney;2845394]thing is..I don't know what that avatar is..I keep thinking it is a Dokken logo[/QUOTE]

It's a piece of art I created one day whilst bored.

It's four "Penrose" Triangles Entwined.

For those who don't know what a Penrose Triangle is (and I had to look up the name myself to answer this) it is:

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Penrose_triangle.svg/200px-Penrose_triangle.svg.png[/IMG]

A Physically impossible shape. An Optical Illusion of 2D drawing of a 3D object I personally like quite a bit.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845393]shwat [/QUOTE]

I am so slow...I stared at this word for a long time before I realized what it was...

I mean...only a few days ago did I get the Obamanation abomination thing....

hell, I was in Vegas once, and this hot chick was talking to me at the bar and after a while said we should go to my room for privacy...so I am thinking..[I]awesome![/I]...then she propositions me....I was floored....no I know I was drunk..but I really should have seen that one coming...

I am either the smartest dumb person or the dumbest smart person I know...

or maybe I am just dumb...

[QUOTE=FF2;2845399]Thats Fish MO. Put attacks in question form like no on will notice. :rolleyes:

Cuz ya know, he has no agenda.[/QUOTE]

And your MO is being a Troll. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845400]It's a piece of art I created one day whilst bored.[/QUOTE]

You created that?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845404]And you're MO is being a Troll. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I'll alert the media on that one. :yes:

[QUOTE=piney;2845403]I am so slow...I stared at this word for a long time before I realized what it was....[/QUOTE]

It's my inabillity to type as fast as I think whilst writing.

Should have been "..thats what.." not "that shwat". Sorry.:O

[QUOTE=FF2;2845408]I'll alert the media on that one. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Better do it fast, while you still can.;)

[QUOTE=FF2;2845405]You created that?[/QUOTE]

Well, I created the image in my Avatar, yes. But not the concept of a Penrose Triangle, no.

(Sorry, internet sometimes makes questions more ambiguous that we'd like, and I don't know if you're asking just about the image or the concept, sorry).

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845414]Better do it fast, while you still can.;)[/QUOTE]

Why?

Is that the next piece of the sky to fall?

[QUOTE=FF2;2845417]Why?

Is that the next piece of the sky to fall?[/QUOTE]

When the sky falls (and lands on you) I will be sure to make sure you know in advance.

Bout three second in advance.:D

[QUOTE=Warfish;2845416]Well, I created the image in my Avatar, yes. But not the concept of a Penrose Triangle, no.

(Sorry, internet sometimes makes questions more ambiguous that we'd like, and I don't know if you're asking just about the image or the concept, sorry).[/QUOTE]

So I can be clear....you created that image in your avatar...you didn't get it from another source?

[QUOTE=FF2;2845421]So I can be clear....you created that image in your avatar...you didn't get it from another source?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Have done a few like it, variations on a theme if you will.

Edit: althouygh I'd have to bet there are plenty of similar works out there as well. It's not exactly a new idea.