Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Obama Appointment News: Emmanuel, Gibbs sign on

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2845393]No one is "playing dumb".[/quote]what do you call it, then?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Fish.. :eek:

Rahm as his first appointment does not fit well with his whole bipartisan reach across the aisle spiel. I don't believe he's to be condemned for it and I will wait and see, but this isn't a good sign imo and has made me more suspicious of his intentions..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired;2845425]what do you call it, then?[/QUOTE]

Thought I made it pretty clear what I called it. If you still don't get it, or don't agree with me, so be it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845424]Edit: althouygh I'd have to bet there are plenty of similar works out there as well. It's not exactly a new idea.[/QUOTE]

NICE SAVE!!! :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=CTM;2845427]I agree with Fish.. :eek:

Rahm as his first appointment does not fit well with his whole bipartisan reach across the aisle spiel. I don't believe he's to be condemned for it and I will wait and see, but this isn't a good sign imo and has made me more suspicious of his intentions..[/quote]are you saying he whould have appointed a bipartisan chief of staff, or that he shouldn't have announced it first?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845411]It's my inabillity to type as fast as I think whilst writing.

Should have been "..thats what.." not "that shwat". Sorry.:O[/QUOTE]

I have never used the word "whilst". Not once. I may start throwing it around
    now and then.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;2845429]NICE SAVE!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I figured that was your next play, try to paint me an intellectual thief, eh?

Sorry. The idea of Penrose triangles in art is pretty common. While I created the image (via MS Paint actually) and more like it, I would have bet before I did the first pixel that similar (or almost exactly the same) images had been done hundreds, if not thousands, of times before.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired;2845430]are you saying he whould have appointed a bipartisan chief of staff, or that he shouldn't have announced it first?[/QUOTE]
    I'm saying someone not known as being a partisan bulldog might have matched Obama's rhetoric better..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2845428]Thought I made it pretty clear what I called it. If you still don't get it, or don't agree with me, so be it.[/quote]i guess i missed it. i'm not looking to pick a fight with you, but your posting style the last few days is pretty odd. asking q's that you know the answer to, posing flawed queries and asking for straight answers, etc. i definitely thought you were into a more straight-forward debate. i know it's tough being a 'third party' guy, or whatever you call it - you're never happy... i find myself equally sickened by the democrats & republicans, and i find the notion of 'independent' being a third party bizarre - though i usually line up most, ideologically, with those who consider themselves independent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=CTM;2845437]I'm saying someone not known as being a partisan bulldog might have matched Obama's rhetoric better..[/quote]i would say that for chief of staff and a few other positions, he's going to go with the guy or gal that he wants - he's not going to mess with that to make some kind of PR statement. i think he'll reach across party lines more in his actions down the road, and in taking an honest an logical approach to most everything he does - which would necessitate that you might sometimes side with 'the other side'. i know from whence i speak. i'm the guy in my office that sometimes admits when a competitor does something right, after everyone is done trashing it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired;2845445]i'm not looking to pick a fight with you[/quote]

Really? Hard to tell, frankly.

[QUOTE=isired;2845445]but your posting style the last few days is pretty odd. asking q's that you know the answer to, posing flawed queries and asking for straight answers, etc. i definitely thought you were into a more straight-forward debate.[/QUOTE]

Who knew Obama's election would transfigure me overnight into a ****ty biased agenda-driven Mod (accordign to FF2) and a bad incoherant ragged poster (according to you).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2845469]Really? Hard to tell, frankly.

Who knew Obama's election would transfigure me overnight into a ****ty biased agenda-driven Mod (accordign to FF2) and a bad incoherant ragged poster (according to you).[/quote]
    i'm really not. i know i don't spend a ton of time here other than time surrounding major events, but i was really just surprised at the 'obama's platform' post, and that you kept defending it, and then again here, acting surprised that obama selects a key person not only in his campaign, but in the democratic re-making of congress in 2006 thru now as well (who is widely hailed as a brilliant strategist in DC, which i'm pretty confident you know), instead of making a PR statement.

and i certainly don't think you're incoherent, i think you have a definite, premeditated logic for both of these posts, and i don't know why you don't just come out and say what's on your mind. and i'm certainly not treating you like a noob, i know that you know exactly what i'm doing. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired;2845495] and then again here, acting surprised that obama selects a key person not only in his campaign, but in the democratic re-making of congress in 2006 thru now as well (who is widely hailed as a brilliant strategist in DC, which i'm pretty confident you know), instead of making a PR statement.

[/QUOTE]

It is a little puzzling why you don't see it is worth exploring why someone who ran on a "Change" ticket to start appointments with an party attack dog. You know, kinda the way it has always been done.

At least the first step is politics as usual...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Piper;2845605]It is a little puzzling why you don't see it is worth exploring why someone who ran on a "Change" ticket to start appointments with an party attack dog. You know, kinda the way it has always been done.

At least the first step is politics as usual...[/quote]i'm not saying that the point can't or shouldn't be made, but it's not the shocker that some are making it out to be, and i think it's a bit early to call him a fraud, wouldn't you say? i'm not with those minimizing the strength of the position - on the contrary, i think chief of staff is an extremely important appointment for any president, and probably even more so for a first term president with limited national experience. i think he made a fairly predictable appointment here, and, for him, probably a very good one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845469]
    Who knew Obama's election would transfigure me overnight into a ****ty biased agenda-driven Mod (accordign to FF2) and a bad incoherant ragged poster (according to you).[/QUOTE]

Apology accepted. We know you are in pain.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845469]

Who knew Obama's election would transfigure me overnight into a ****ty biased agenda-driven Mod (accordign to FF2) and a bad incoherant ragged poster (according to you).[/QUOTE]
    Overnight?

You've been this way at least since you realized the dems were winning this year.. :D ;)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2845715]Overnight?

You've been this way at least since you realized the dems were winning this year.. :D ;)[/QUOTE]

Wow. Wonderful.

So since I started predicting a Democrat trouncing sometime in 2007, I see I've been a prick now for well over a year.

So nice to know.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=isired;2845627]i'm not saying that the point can't or shouldn't be made, but it's not the shocker that some are making it out to be, and i think it's a bit early to call him a fraud, wouldn't you say? i'm not with those minimizing the strength of the position - on the contrary, i think chief of staff is an extremely important appointment for any president, and probably even more so for a first term president with limited national experience. i think he made a fairly predictable appointment here, and, for him, probably a very good one.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a shocker at all. Except for rubes who bought the 'change' crap. It was just like the pork-laden bailout bill. It was the first opportunity for either Captain Change or The Maverick to denouce politics as usual and they both folded like cheap lawn chairs. Pathetic for both

And I don't see people calling him a fraud, just that it isn't a good start to fit with his 'change' rhetoric.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2845721]Wow. Wonderful.

So since I started predicting a Democrat trouncing sometime in 2007, I see I've been a prick now for well over a year.

So nice to know.[/QUOTE]

What can I say, I looked into your eye and saw..

(and I'm not using a smiley on purpose this time cause you either ignored the other ones or are just playing along. I can't tell)
    Last edited by CTM; 11-06-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Warfish;2845311]Do you belive "Rahmbo" Emanuel will be good for "reaching across the aisle" and "uniting" in the era of "post-race" "nonpartisonship" Obama wishes to lead?

As for Gibbs, I am not familiar. Do you have a link to his experience?[/quote]

Yes, since part of his job will be beating on recalcitrant democrats who might balk at compromise. He'll have a say in the room, but as CoS, if Obama wants a compromise, Rahm's job will be to make it happen (and he's good at that)