Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More Obama Appointment News: Emmanuel, Gibbs sign on

[QUOTE=Piper;2846037]Exactly the point. He ran as a centrist, representing change. His first appointment is not in that direction and the fear of many conservatives is that he ran on on message and will govern on another. Not unlike Bush before him.[/QUOTE]

If you think Rahm Emanuel is some sort of doctrinaire liberal, you don't know his record at all.

He was Clinton's point man on welfare reform and NAFTA, and, more recently, the guy who recruited all the pro-gun and pro-life dems to run in conservative house districts over the objections of some key dem interest groups.

Emanuel is partisan, yes, but he is also a creature of the political center.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Warfish;2845949]I hate to have to point his out, but I am not judging Obama's "legacy" at all.

I am asking if his selection of former Clinton insider and well known Democrat party-line pitbull "Rahmbo" Emanuel is a sign of what Obama promised, or not.

There is no question I am not an Obama supporter. Hence, since I don't support him, and don't think he was honest, I HAVE to ask these questions along the way now. If it is shown that he proves me wrong, and is what he claimed he was going to be, then I am always one to admit my mistakes.

But if I cannot even ask the question without bean beaten down by the "Oppressed Liberal Minority" of the J.I. forum, well.....what else is there to do? Personally, I think the sensitivity tells the story.....Emanual is neither "change" nor "unifier" and the Obamaunist don't want to talk about it.[/quote]well then here's the answer you sought, i guess:
    Emanual may not be "change" (remains to be seen, from what i've been reading he certainly earned a great deal of respect on both sides of the aisle, so he's clearly not your average pol); he may not be a "unifier" (remains to be seen - some think his tenacity is what it will take to forge unity); but he certainly seems to be the best man for the job, and i hope obama continues to fill the positions with people of that status, regardless of party affiliation.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Piper;2846037]the fear of many conservatives is that he ran on on message and will govern on another. Not unlike Bush before him.[/quote]
    fair enough, but it's Nov 6, barely 43 hours since he was projected the winner.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=isired;2846055]fair enough, but it's Nov 6, barely 43 hours since he was projected the winner.[/QUOTE]

So?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote=Piper;2846058]So?[/quote]so, like i said originally, questioning is fine, but the tone seems more accusatory, and it seems early for that. it seems like more than innocent pondering. we disagree about that, i get it.