Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here you all go... Hope you saved your money

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2846513]I could care less. I don't save money...I spend money...so it won't effect me.

Maybe you should think about things like this when arguing against the electoral college. Leave a decision like this to the masses and guess what? We're gonna take your ****ing money.

Whining about retirement accounts like a bunch of women. So sad....[/QUOTE]

WHINING about our retirement accounts? Just stop. There's no reason for the government to even be thinking about this.

better idea

I've got a better idea. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have about 125 billion between the 2 of them. Why doesn't the government take all that (leave them a few mill "just to be fair")? That would cover a 1/4 of the budget deficit. And if they object just shoot them. This is what the Russkies would have done, and if you think this is hysteria and you are "o.k. with having any conversation to resolve the crisis"- then why not have this conversation. Is this "idea" worth discussing?

The bailout has to come from somewhere. Welcome to Argentina/Venezuela North! God Bless the USSA!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=dermlord;2846099]no comments from the left?[/QUOTE]

I believe I was referred to as David Duke and a right wing nut job when I brought up concerns over 401k plans on election day.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    I think an elephant crying smiley would be useful round here...

:bigcry:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2846517]WHINING about our retirement accounts? Just stop. There's no reason for the government to even be thinking about this.[/QUOTE]

The government thinks alot about stupid stuff. Same as it ever was....

Wouldn't the moral of the story be IRA>401k? Lobby our politicians to raise the $5,000(?) tax deduct. limit. All is good...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2846567]The government thinks alot about stupid stuff. Same as it ever was....

Wouldn't the moral of the story be IRA>401k? Lobby our politicians to raise the $5,000(?) tax deduct. limit. All is good...[/QUOTE]

[I]Testifying for the House Committee on Education and Labor, Ghilarducci proposed that the government eliminate tax breaks for 401(k) and similar retirement accounts, such as IRAs, and [b]confiscate workers’ retirement plan accounts and convert them to universal Guaranteed Retirement Accounts (GRAs) managed by the Social Security Administration.[/I][/b]

Stop.

And the point of the IRA was that you can contribute to the investments you want, not the investments that the man wants.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

guaranteed retirement accounts would be a great OPTION. period.

[QUOTE=isired;2846803]guaranteed retirement accounts would be a great OPTION. period.[/QUOTE]

Who do you think pays for guaranteed returns?

The trouble with any Federal "Mandated" Retirement Savings System is the same problem with have with Social Security (which is supposed to do effectively the same thing).

The Govt. will not save your money. They will spend it.

And when you and I (younger folks) get older, we'll find that our retirement money (in both S.S. and the new manadtes system) is gone.

I can plan my own retirement. I do not need the Govt. to force me to do it their way.

For people who think the government can't confiscate your 401(k), check out what FDR did with gold in 1933.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2846123]I really hope they try to pull this off, as well as push for the fairness doctrine. Then I will laugh at the midterm elections in 2010.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point...classic power hungry moves that are guaranteed to backfire. Anyone read about Obama's National Civilian Defense Force?
    Very scary stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2852677]Anyone read about Obama's National Civilian Defense Force?
    Very scary stuff.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah...just like the Civil Air Patrol was ultra super scary. Like death from above, the Civil Air Patrol did reign tyranny on all American civilians!! The horror!! The humanity!!