Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change.gov (Office of the President-Elect)

Change.gov (Office of the President-Elect)

[url]http://change.gov/[/url]

Has previous administrations set up websites like this before inauguration day?

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2846178][url]http://change.gov/[/url]

Has previous administrations set up websites like this before inauguration day?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. Maybe Bush did. I'm going to guess Clinton didn't.

All League
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2846182]I have no idea. Maybe Bush did. I'm going to guess Clinton didn't.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Clinton did considering the internet really wasn't public at that point.

[QUOTE=adb280z;2846201]I doubt Clinton did considering the internet really wasn't public at that point.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Obama is an egomaniac... Today Change has come to America? :barf:

Hall Of Fame
    Pretty sure Lincoln did.

[QUOTE=CTM;2846216]Obama is an egomaniac... Today Change has come to America? :barf:[/QUOTE]

maybe now that Obama is elected and you can get to being critical of him people won't call you a liberal anymore...

This is a lame and pointless attempt at taking a shot at Bush, so I'm going to lighten the mood with a video of Vida Guerra.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSTWLAAGwY[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=piney;2846305]maybe now that Obama is elected and you can get to being critical of him people won't call you a liberal anymore...[/QUOTE]

Lol..

I'm defending him in other threads still though.

[QUOTE=CTM;2846378]Lol..

I'm defending him in other threads still though.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a libtard.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE][B]Enact a Windfall Profits Tax to Provide a $1,000 Emergency Energy Rebate to American Families[/B]: Barack Obama and Joe Biden will enact a windfall profits tax on excessive oil company profits to give American families an immediate $1,000 emergency energy rebate to help families pay rising bills. This relief would be a down payment on the Obama-Biden long-term plan to provide middle-class families with at least $1,000 per year in permanent tax relief. [/QUOTE]

This guy is a moron.

What is an excessive profit? Should we have a windfall profits tax on Google for their earnings last year? Should we have a windfall [U]refund[/U] to oil companies when oil goes from $140 to $55 per barrel?

You can't just look around the economy for the companies making the most money and say, "hey, that's too much, give it to me so that the government can allocate it as it sees fit."
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-07-2008 at 01:35 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE][B]Provide a Tax Cut for Working Families[/B]: Obama and Biden will restore [B]fairness to the tax code [/B]and provide 150 million workers the tax relief they need. Obama and Biden will create a new "Making Work Pay" tax credit of up to $500 per person, or $1,000 per working family. The "Making Work Pay" tax credit will completely eliminate income taxes for 10 million Americans. [/QUOTE]

This guy is an idiot.

If he wants to restore "fairness" to the tax code then tax EVERYONE at the same exact rate.

Also, what is a "working family"? Does he have a definition? I can't find the definition on his website and I also can't find his $250,000 income he talked about. Maybe someone can't point me to the details.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 11-07-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2846465]This guy is an idiot.

If he wants to restore "fairness" to the tax code then tax EVERYONE at the same exact rate.

Also, what is a "working family"?[/QUOTE]

Obama cant be too stupid, he won didnt he?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets_Penguin;2846466]Obama cant be too stupid, he won didnt he?[/QUOTE]

George Bush won twice. Does that make him a genius? :rolleyes:

Rookie
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2846467]George Bush won twice. Does that make him a genius? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

no but it makes him smart enough to fool the majority of the country............TWICE, again proving my point.

Rookie

Also, what is a "working family"? Does he have a definition? I can't find the definition on his website and I also can't find his $250,000 income he talked about. Maybe someone can't point me to the details.[/QUOTE]

And the question of "fairness" is a relative one. Fair doesn't necessarily mean equal. For instance.........

If a mans rapes my daughter, raping his daughter in return may be fair but............................

raping his daughter, killing his dog, burning down his house, kicking his grandmother, cutting off his wanker and nailing it to his lip would make it EVEN.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jets_Penguin;2846470]no but it makes him smart enough to fool the majority of the country............TWICE, again proving my point.[/QUOTE]

So Obama is smart enough to fool the country. Let's hope he can only do it once.

Also, what is a "working family"? Does he have a definition? I can't find the definition on his website and I also can't find his $250,000 income he talked about. Maybe someone can't point me to the details.[/QUOTE]

Fairness is making someone who makes more than you pay more taxes.

[QUOTE=Jets_Penguin;2846472]And the question of "fairness" is a relative one. Fair doesn't necessarily mean equal. For instance.........

If a mans rapes my daughter, raping his daughter in return may be fair but............................

raping his daughter, killing his dog, burning down his house, kicking his grandmother, cutting off his wanker and nailing it to his lip would make it EVEN.[/QUOTE]

Except the rich (in general) didn't rape anybody.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2846514]Except the rich (in general) didn't rape anybody.[/QUOTE]

Except for the Kennedys