Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama

Obama

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081107/ap_on_el_pr/obama[/url]

I will keep him in my prayers because he and our country will need all the help it can get!

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2846960][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081107/ap_on_el_pr/obama[/url]

I will keep him in my prayers because he and our country will need all the help it can get![/QUOTE]

This is easily the toughest hand an incoming president has been dealt since at least Reagan, and maybe even Roosevelt.

I believe he's up to it, but he will need all the help he can get.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2846968]This is easily the toughest hand an incoming president has been dealt since at least Reagan, and maybe even Roosevelt.

I believe he's up to it, but he will need all the help he can get.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this is nothing for Obama. From what we've been hearing for months he should be able to solve these problems with one hand tied behind his back.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2846980]From what we've been hearing for months he should be able to solve these problems with one hand tied behind his back.[/QUOTE]

Link, please...

If he is as smart as reported he will surround himself with the cream of the crop as advisors go!

I didn't like him and didn't vote for him. That being said, I will give him the respect that is due him. I just really hope he can somehow fix this mess.

ditto, chickadeel.

Props to you guys. Good post.

All Pro
    Thusfar, the best impression of Obama is that he recognizes the need to govern closer to the center and with a sense of bipartisanship. If he does so, he will reveal himself to be a pragmatist and a shrewd leader. The apparent fact that he is reaching across the aisle for advisors, not just within the Democratic Party is also a good sign. Take the best and the brightest. Don't be afraid of debate. Embrace rationality over ideology. If he does all that, he'll be a keeper. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2846991]Link, please...[/QUOTE]

Link to what I've heard?

Obama doesn't need links.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2846968]This is easily the toughest hand an incoming president has been dealt since at least Reagan, and maybe even Roosevelt.

I believe he's up to it, but he will need all the help he can get.[/QUOTE]

Excuse Making 101 already? Pathetic and sad, but not unexpected.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;2847476]Excuse Making 101 already? Pathetic and sad, but not unexpected.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

you're right, it should be a cakewalk...

Fish, you are unimpressed with Obama and expect the worst. Why should anyone try and convince you otherwise. I think you may be an unmovable object on this....

You aren't a glass half empty guy, you are a glass broken, water spilled out, dying of thirst, locked in a room with the thermostat set on 98 type of guy!!;)

[QUOTE=piney;2847539]you're right, it should be a cakewalk...

Fish, you are unimpressed with Obama and expect the worst. Why should anyone try and convince you otherwise. I think you may be an unmovable object on this....

You aren't a glass half empty guy, you are a glass broken, water spilled out, dying of thirst, locked in a room with the thermostat set on 98 type of guy!!;)[/QUOTE]

Excellent.:D

[QUOTE=Warfish;2847552]Excellent.:D[/QUOTE]

sweet..it took a year but I finally have a sig quote...

go me!!!:boogie2:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2847163]Thusfar, the best impression of Obama is that he recognizes the need to govern closer to the center and with a sense of bipartisanship. If he does so, he will reveal himself to be a pragmatist and a shrewd leader. The apparent fact that he is reaching across the aisle for advisors, not just within the Democratic Party is also a good sign. Take the best and the brightest. Don't be afraid of debate. Embrace rationality over ideology. If he does all that, he'll be a keeper. :yes:[/QUOTE]

What has he done so far to show he is governing from the center and reaching across party lines??? Rahm Emanuel ? Thats governing from the center? Where has he reached across party lines??

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;2847586]What has he done so far to show he is governing from the center and reaching across party lines??? Rahm Emanuel ? Thats governing from the center? Where has he reached across party lines??[/QUOTE]

Chief of Staff is a critical operational position in the White House. Emanuel is excellent for the job as he's a strong, forceful player with Congress and gets things done.

As for rest, I'm stating what I perceive from reports about prospective choices for cabinet positions. Gates may be asked to stay on at defense. Volker would be a good transition caretaker, and Powell may end up running Education. We'll see....

Veteran
    Yeah, asking a president to choose a Chief of Staff from the other side is asking a lot.

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2847021]I didn't like him and didn't vote for him. That being said, I will give him the respect that is due him. I just really hope he can somehow fix this mess.[/QUOTE]

ditto

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2847590]Chief of Staff is a critical operational position in the White House. Emanuel is excellent for the job as he's a strong, forceful player with Congress and gets things done.

As for rest, I'm stating what I perceive from reports about prospective choices for cabinet positions. Gates may be asked to stay on at defense. Volker would be a good transition caretaker, and Powell may end up running Education. We'll see....[/QUOTE]

to learn about this rent seasons of west wing- chief of staff -cant remember actors name-doea a great job

All League
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2847606]Yeah, asking a president to choose a Chief of Staff from the other side is asking a lot.[/QUOTE]

Has that ever happened?