Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2847476]Excuse Making 101 already? Pathetic and sad, but not unexpected.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The only thing pathetic and sad is your petulant routine.

Do you disagree with what I wrote? No, of course you don't. It's indisputable.

But you continue whining, as you have for months on end. Nobody running met your purity test, so rather than participate, you whine, take your ball and go home.

You hate the Democrats, fine. You hate the Republicans, fine. You get an insurgent candidate who actually has the small-government, libertarian views you pretend to espouse in Ron Paul, and you dismiss him as eccentric and belittle his supporters at every opportunity.

Nobody could ever be pure enough for Warfish, who is apparently waiting for Barry Goldwater to be reincarnated before he votes again.

You like to refer to yourself as an "independent," which --while technically true because you don't support a party-- doesn't make you the least bit independent. The fact is, you have some of the most dogmatic views of anyone on this site, and any politician that falls short of your purity test is belittled and mocked, as if somebody perfect is ever going to come along.

So now you are whining about a presidency that has not started, has not even named a single cabinet member, based largely on your largely disputed interpretation of the single appointment that's been made.

I mean, go read the stuff you've written in the last three days. It's sad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2847673]The only thing pathetic and sad is your petulant routine.

Do you disagree with what I wrote? No, of course you don't. It's indisputable.[/quote]

Yes, I do disagree. Frankly Nuu it's a crock of poo party-line talking point unworthy of actual response. Kinda like "worst economy since the great depression", it's utterly incorrect in fact in almost every meaningful measurable way, and based more on politics and excuse making (preemptive style) than any actual facts.

[quote]But you continue whining, as you have for months on end. Nobody running met your purity test, so rather than participate, you whine, take your ball and go home.[/quote]

Don't blame me that I have standards. Unlike so many, I won't vote for a guy I disagree with just because his skin tone makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

[quote]You hate the Democrats, fine. You hate the Republicans, fine. You get an insurgent candidate who actually has the small-government, libertarian views you pretend to espouse in Ron Paul, and you dismiss him as eccentric and belittle his supporters at every opportunity.[/quote]

As if I'm the one whos wrong because I don't buy into the two-party system the sheeple like you does? Please. Just becuase I didn't buy cult-member Paul and his absolutely unrealistic platform or unsupported unrealistic goals does not make me impossible to please. Ron Paul is not, and never will be, a legitimate third option.

[quote]Nobody could ever be pure enough for Warfish, who is apparently waiting for Barry Goldwater to be reincarnated before he votes again.[/quote]

Guess I should just buy into the big words that seem to have won you over, like "Hope" and "Change".

[quote]You like to refer to yourself as an "independent,"[/quote]

I don't, actually, but as has become usual for you, why lets facts get in the way now?

[quote]which --while technically true because you don't support a party-- doesn't make you the least bit independent. The fact is, you have some of the most dogmatic views of anyone on this site, and any politician that falls short of your purity test is belittled and mocked, as if somebody perfect is ever going to come along.[/quote]

Cry me a river Nuu. Your guy won, now it's his job, and I won't apologize for your spineless quivering excuse making already about him.

And put simply, you've turned yourself into one of tge least objective people on this board, literally believing every single Democrat Party talking points of the past year. Don't think you can lecture me, when you've turned into a standard-issue party drone.

[quote]So now you are whining about a presidency that has not started, has not even named a single cabinet member, based largely on your largely disputed interpretation of the single appointment that's been made.

I mean, go read the stuff you've written in the last three days. It's sad.[/QUOTE]

It's sad becasue I won't blow the guy who won, or discuss what his ****ing DOG choice will be? Sorry, but my BS detector is going off full steam after reading this pap.

Sorry that I have bothered to stay (unlike most) and actually question Obama move by move, and not drink the Kool Aid of utter belief and faith (as you have done).

I will continue to question every single move this man makes. No one cut Bush a single milisecond of slack, so why should Obama be treated differently, the first problem he solves will be the first of his career. Till then, he gets the respect he deserves.......none.

Winning an election is a big deal.....we'll see how many problems he solves, but I fully expect more excuse making 101 "whoa is us, it's so hard, worst ever, thats whay Obama couldn't fix it" work from you as the days and weeks and months and years come forth.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2848246]Yes, I do disagree. Frankly Nuu it's a crock of poo party-line talking point unworthy of actual response. [/QUOTE]

Ok, Mr. No-Facts-In-The-Way, you disagree.

Which president since Reagan has faced a more difficult situation that the one now facing Obama?

It was your objection to this statement--based on nothing but your own desire to whine-- that started this exchange.

I say, "call."

Obama gets two wars and an ongoing financial crisis as he steps into the job. Which of the following was dealt a tougher hand, in your opinion: Bush II, Clinton or Bush I? And why do you think that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2848358]Ok, Mr. No-Facts-In-The-Way, you disagree.

Which president since Reagan has faced a more difficult situation that the one now facing Obama?

It was your objection to this statement--based on nothing but your own desire to whine-- that started this exchange.

I say, "call."

Obama gets two wars and an ongoing financial crisis as he steps into the job. Which of the following was dealt a tougher hand, in your opinion: Bush II, Clinton or Bush I? And why do you think that?[/QUOTE]

I'm all for seeing what Obama will do. But the excuse making already is comical. Bush II inhereited a recession that started in the 3rd quarted of 2000. Not the situation we have today but a recession none the less. Plus he also had the pleasure to be president during the worst attack on our soil ever. I love how the dems minimize this and dismiss this. That attack changed the way we all go about our lives in so many ways. It changed how we do business abroad, it changed our foreign policies, and changed the way we secure our country.....not a small minimal event.

So for everybody who wants to make this like we are in the great depression again paint a picture of doom and gloom......go ahead. Your boy is taking office and all the responsibility that goes with it. We will be just as critical of Obama as the dems and the liberals were of Bush....that sounds fair no??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;2848390]I'm all for seeing what Obama will do. But the excuse making already is comical. Bush II inhereited a recession that started in the 3rd quarted of 2000. Not the situation we have today but a recession none the less. Plus he also had the pleasure to be president during the worst attack on our soil ever. I love how the dems minimize this and dismiss this. That attack changed the way we all go about our lives in so many ways. It changed how we do business abroad, it changed our foreign policies, and changed the way we secure our country.....not a small minimal event.

So for everybody who wants to make this like we are in the great depression again paint a picture of doom and gloom......go ahead. Your boy is taking office and all the responsibility that goes with it. We will be just as critical of Obama as the dems and the liberals were of Bush....that sounds fair no??[/QUOTE]

It's not excuse making, it's a simple observation. The guy who started this thread to talk about it was not an Obama supporter.

All I did was agree with him.

The fact is, I absolutely believe Obama is up to this challenge, or at least is more up to it than anybody else running this time around. I hope I'm not wrong, of course. But there's certainly nothing to the contrary as of yet: Not only has he not been sworn in, he's yet to name a single cabinet member.