Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe the Plumber - Welfare Recipient

Jets Insider VIP

Joe the Plumber - Welfare Recipient

[url]http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/joe-plumber-welfare-queen-too[/url]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

<deep breath>

[QUOTE]Plumber Joe: Was it patriotic for Joe Biden to say "take my money and give it to other people? That's patriotism?

Colmes: Well, let me ask, you were on welfare once, was that taking somebodies else's money and giving it to you?

Plumber Joe: Paid into welfare. It something to be used, not to be abused like it often is.[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable

Who will be in the public eye longer:

Joe or Sarah?

Wait...2012 ticket: [B][I][U][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]Palin/Plumber![/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]

I don't know about the media's obsession with this guy. He asked Obama legit question, and he ends up getting killed over it.

I guess this is Phase 1 of stifling questions under the Obama administration.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2847999]I don't know about the media's obsession with this guy. He asked Obama legit question, and he ends up getting killed over it.

I guess this is Phase 1 of stifling questions under the Obama administration.[/QUOTE]

No one just "lets" the media get to them. He became a part of the McCain campaign and chose to go on the talk shows. Just because they highlight that he doesn't know what he is talking about doesn't mean that they are killing him. He is doing it to himself.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2847999]I don't know about the media's obsession with this guy. He asked Obama legit question, and he ends up getting killed over it.

I guess this is Phase 1 of stifling questions under the Obama administration.[/QUOTE]

Media's obsession? This guy has been doing a media tour for weeks now... he talks to anyone willing to listen. He chose to be talking head for the McCain campaign. Now he's getting killed for being a hypocrite. Deservedly so.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-08-2008 at 02:08 PM.

"The media's" obsession with him? McCain trotted him out at any campaign event he was willing to show up at and trumpeted him as "an American hero". He's a hero because he asked a presidential candidate a question?

If McCain hadn't tried to turn the guy into a rallying point, he would have disappeared into obscurity weeks ago. But again, it's the fault of that pesky liberal media.

[QUOTE=MykePM;2848011]"The media's" obsession with him? McCain trotted him out at any campaign event[/QUOTE]
    Do you always start telling stories from the middle?

This thread is unreal. J the P's family was on welfare when he was a child ... therefore he must not question Obama.

It amazes me to then read about the 'media's obsession' - got news for you: they're not even obsessed with him anymore, the danger has passed. If there's anyone still carrying the torch it's a handful of liberals (no shocker, I guess).

What hasn't changed are the facts:

Obama walks on man's driveway.

Obama bungles man's question.

Man immediately scrutinized by the media (and state of Ohio employees) for any flaws of character or past - Obama's disturbing answer ignored by fawning media.

-------------------------

And you guys want to talk about Joe the P's childhood now?

PK, take a break from crooksandliars already.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2848000]No one just "lets" the media get to them. He became a part of the McCain campaign and chose to go on the talk shows. Just because they highlight that he doesn't know what he is talking about doesn't mean that they are killing him. He is doing it to himself.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2848008]Media's obsession? This guy has been doing a media tour for weeks now... he talks to anyone willing to listen. He chose to be talking head for the McCain campaign. Now he's getting killed for being a hypocrite. Deservedly so.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MykePM;2848011]"The media's" obsession with him? McCain trotted him out at any campaign event he was willing to show up at and trumpeted him as "an American hero". He's a hero because he asked a presidential candidate a question?

If McCain hadn't tried to turn the guy into a rallying point, he would have disappeared into obscurity weeks ago. But again, it's the fault of that pesky liberal media.[/QUOTE]

This is all spin. If you guys remember correctly, the day after Joe posed his question, before joining any campaigns or going on any shows, all of the major blogs did a massive investigation into his life, his career, and even his tax returns. All he did was make Obama look slightly uncomfortable, and the attack dogs came out to discredit the guy. He asks a question one day, and the next everyone knew what kind of underwear he wears.

I dont understand why everyone is so into Joe the Plumber. Hs he tried to use his 10 seconds of fame? Yes, but its not like he was out seeking attention prior to that. Blame Fox, CNN, and McCains campaign for him getting the spotlight and trying to make some money off it.

Plus why should anyone care how much money he makes or if he was on welfare? If the guy doesnt believe in it and is philosophically opposed to it doesnt mean he doesnt have the right to ask the question. Its no different than some rich guy questioning why McCain doesnt want to raise taxes. Joe the Plumber, even if opposed to the system, is going to use it if he can. Some rich guy is still going to use tax breaks for their company or offshore their business if they can even if they agree they should pay more taxes on their earnings.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2848087]Its an old Marxist tool, my friend, its called intimidation .. this is how the left and their media/pravda apparatus sends a message to every normal citizen, talk out of turn [COLOR="Red"]{like Joe the Plumber}[/COLOR] and we will dig into your past as well, then use it to make you an object of public ridicule, assuming we can't use it to prosecute you .. so let "Joe the Plumber" be a lesson to the rest of you peasants, STFU or you'll wish that you did[/QUOTE]
    Exactly what they've been trying to do to Sarah Palin. Her rise has been meteoric and it's a wonderful story. Yet we end up hearing rumors, slander, Alaskan secessionists from the 1960s, fundamentalist bugaboos, and everything else dumped in a pile for a fat negative buzz where people will be led to believe that she bans books, announces that God wants our soldiers to win, etc. All nonsense, coordinated nonsense to destroy an extraordinary woman.

How about the story of a girl born to school teachers who became a housemom, a PTA member, a mayor, a governor, then a VP candidate? Without the help of any connections to the elite or elite academic institutions? Her story is unprecedented in the modern era, but ... it's not the story many influential Americans wanted told.

Maybe she should have written a few autobiographies first.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2848048]This is all spin. If you guys remember correctly, the day after Joe posed his question, before joining any campaigns or going on any shows, all of the major blogs did a massive investigation into his life, his career, and even his tax returns. All he did was make Obama look slightly uncomfortable, and the attack dogs came out to discredit the guy. He asks a question one day, and the next everyone knew what kind of underwear he wears.[/QUOTE]

GJ and Ham said
    [QUOTE]Its an old Marxist tool, my friend, its called intimidation .. this is how the left and their media/pravda apparatus sends a message to every normal citizen, talk out of turn {like Joe the Plumber} and we will dig into your past as well, then use it to make you an object of public ridicule, assuming we can't use it to prosecute you .. so let "Joe the Plumber" be a lesson to the rest of you peasants, STFU or you'll wish that you did[/QUOTE]

No Paulie and Ham. You are absolutely wrong. The media scrutiny happened after the 3rd debate when McCain used him in nearly every answer. What is this conspiracy nonsense? The media banded together to keep people quiet? This kind of talk is just loony and not becoming. Like it or not we are still a democracy and the media plays a big part in scrutinizing that when someone enters the public forum what they say will be held up for veracity.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2848048]This is all spin. If you guys remember correctly, the day after Joe posed his question, before joining any campaigns or going on any shows, all of the major blogs did a massive investigation into his life, his career, and even his tax returns. All he did was make Obama look slightly uncomfortable, and the attack dogs came out to discredit the guy. He asks a question one day, and the next everyone knew what kind of underwear he wears.[/QUOTE]

Not true.

They investigated after McCain decided to make him the center piece of the debate and the last few weeks of his campaign...

His name is not Joe and the entire premise of his question was him BSing. He went out to embarrass Obama and hasn't stopped going on Fox News ever since.

I was in Virginia last week and there was a RNC commercial having everyone on there saying "I am Joe the Plumber".

Ham your blinders are absolutley incredible. Marxist? No. Stupid? Absolutely!!!!

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2848109]Let me ask you a question, QJF, and tell me the truth, okay?

After seeing what happened to Joe the Plumber, would you be a little more reluctant to put yourself out there in the public arena in terms of challanging a particular candidate for elected office?

I know I would

I saw the way they dug into this mans past, and I {like most human beings} have some things I would much rather keep private, I don't want my life to be an open book, I strongly suspect most people feel likewise, so when they see what Joe the Plumber encountered I believe most folks will say, okay, remind me never to make that mistake :eek:

AND THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF WHAT THEY DID TO JOE THE PLUMBER

That is the desired effect .. its a message to every potential Joe the Plumber .. [COLOR="Red"]STFU or you'll wish that you did[/COLOR]

This is how you create a [COLOR="Red"]"chilling effect"[/COLOR] and make people far more reluctant to speak out of turn in such a direct {at the candidate} and public forum .. now you either ask polite and harmless questions, or don't ask any at all :tsk:[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Joe the Plumber ... Oh my oh my. The mean ole' media is being mean to him. Well, if you want to be a country western star...better start learning to deal with the pesky media. Wah, wah, wah. What a bunch of crybabies some 'Pubs have become. No wonder the country decided that they don't have what it takes to defend this country anymore. Their liable to start complaining like nagging menstrual wifes about the way they are been unfairly treated. Hilarious. The best of the Republican party came and went with Bush.

Point: Joe the Plumber was a welfare recipient at one point in his life. He is now, maybe in his own mind...but whatever, in the position to make over $250k/year, be unfairly taxed as wealthy and buy a quarter of a million dollar business.

It seems that welfare can help families become better. Joe is a case of this.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2848128]Joe the Plumber ... Oh my oh my. The mean ole' media is being mean to him. Well, if you want to be a country western star...better start learning to deal with the pesky media. Wah, wah, wah. What a bunch of crybabies some 'Pubs have become. No wonder the country decided that they don't have what it takes to defend this country anymore. T[B]heir liable to start complaining like nagging menstrual wifes about the way they are been unfairly treated. [/B] Hilarious. The best of the Republican party came and went with Bush.
    [/QUOTE]
    Lol, it's funny. The amount of complaining and "sky is falling" exaggerations remind me of my 4 year old daughter. :D

Joe the Plumber's plans. I guess if Palin can get elected anyone can.

[QUOTE]He plans to write a book and has set up a website about "securing" the American dream: "It's to encourage the American people to get back in charge of government and to hold our elected officials responsible."

He said he would consider running for Congress in eight to 10 years, once his 13-year-old son has grown up. Until then, he said: "I'll be a mouthpiece for middle America - for those who are going to have to take back America."[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/05/uselections2008-johnmccain[/url]

Joe the Plumber is a liar. Plain and simple. He wanted centerstage and he got it.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2848139]Why does anybody need to know that about the man?

Maybe that's a source of embarassment for the man, that he once had to collect welfare, maybe that hurts his pride, or maybe it doesn't, I don't know either way, but it seems to me that is private information a private citizen should not have splashed all over the media so the entire world knows he once collected welfare .. that's his business and IMO its cruel to "out him" that way, so to speak .. but that's the whole point of this, isn't it?

I mean he made Obama uncomfortable therefore he had to be punished, and used as an example too, right?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2848142]Yeah its real funny .. unless you were him, then maybe not so much .. but you don't need to worry about that[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can see he's so broken up about it that he refuses media interviews and didn't hire an agent..

Oh .... wait.....

well, only if you lie on the national stage and then become a media star...

you guys are acting like he is innocent of anything that happens in his life...he lied..made up a question to discredit Obama's tax plan...and then was a staple of McCain during the third debate, got investigated, and is now on almost every talk show...

he is not some poor citizen who just asked a question

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;2848109]Let me ask you a question, QJF, and tell me the truth, okay?

After seeing what happened to Joe the Plumber, would you be a little more reluctant to put yourself out there in the public arena in terms of challanging a particular candidate for elected office?

I know I would

I saw the way they dug into this mans past, and I {like most human beings} have some things I would much rather keep private, I don't want my life to be an open book, I strongly suspect most people feel likewise, so when they see what Joe the Plumber encountered I believe most folks will say, okay, remind me never to make that mistake :eek:

AND THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF WHAT THEY DID TO JOE THE PLUMBER

That is the desired effect .. its a message to every potential Joe the Plumber .. [COLOR="Red"]STFU or you'll wish that you did[/COLOR]

This is how you create a [COLOR="Red"]"chilling effect"[/COLOR] and make people far more reluctant to speak out of turn in such a direct {at the candidate} and public forum .. now you either ask polite and harmless questions, or don't ask any at all :tsk:[/QUOTE]