Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin refused to go on stage with pro-choice GOPers

Palin refused to go on stage with pro-choice GOPers

[url]http://www.newsweek.com/id/168017/output/print[/url]

[url]http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/11/08/the-palin-chronicles.aspx[/url]

[QUOTE]
    One final anecdote from that Newsweek series:

The day of the third debate, Palin refused to go onstage with New Hampshire GOP Sen. John Sununu and Jeb Bradley, a New Hampshire congressman running for the Senate, because they were pro-choice and because Bradley opposed drilling in Alaska. The McCain campaign ordered her onstage at the next campaign stop, but she refused to acknowledge the two Republican candidates standing behind her.[/QUOTE]

It's over.

Obama won.

[QUOTE=MachineGunFunk;2849350]It's over.

Obama won.[/QUOTE]

So what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Why are we still talking about Palin?

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2849995]Why are we still talking about Palin?[/QUOTE]

Because she's smoking hot.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2850035]Because she's smoking hot.[/QUOTE]

Then just post pics. In the hotties forum

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2849259][url]http://www.newsweek.com/id/168017/output/print[/url]

[url]http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/11/08/the-palin-chronicles.aspx[/url][/QUOTE]

So? What's the significance or importance of this a week after the election?

Obama stands up and introduces the baby murderers that are onstage with him??? Is that the comparison? The difference?

Not sure I understand the intent of this thread.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2850645]So? What's the significance or importance of this a week after the election?

Obama stands up and introduces the baby murderers that are onstage with him??? Is that the comparison? The difference?

Not sure I understand the intent of this thread.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it obvious? This women doesn't respect other peoples views and opinions to the extent where she refuses to appear on stage with people she differentiates with. You may call people who exercise there choice, baby murderers, but I don't...
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-10-2008 at 02:25 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2850656]Isn't it obvious? This women doesn't respect other peoples views and opinions to the extent where she refuses to appear on stage with people she differentiates with. You may call people who exercise there choice, baby murderess, but I don't...[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. But how is the Governor of Alaska any more important right now than a Congressman from Idaho or the Governor of Wyoming? I'm not sure why the former VP candidate of the losing party is such a topic of conversation about something as minute as who she'll acknowledge on stage.

The obsession with this woman by liberals is almost in the same category as PatsFanTx's obsession with the Jets.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2850657]Fair enough. But how is the Governor of Alaska any more important right now than a Congressman from Idaho or the Governor of Wyoming? I'm not sure why the former VP candidate of the losing party is such a topic of conversation about something as minute as who she'll acknowledge on stage.

The obsession with this woman by liberals is almost in the same category as PatsFanTx's obsession with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that obvious, as well? A congressman from Idaho and the Governor of Wyoming were not just the Republican Vice-Presidential nominee. Here is why this is a topic of conversation, to me at least. John McCain picked this totally unqualified ideological neocon on his ticket, I applaud McCain for his great speech Tuesday night, but he did NOT put country first when he picked Sarah Palin, he put himself first. What if all these stories came about after they won?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-10-2008 at 02:43 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2850657]Fair enough. But how is the Governor of Alaska any more important right now than a Congressman from Idaho or the Governor of Wyoming? I'm not sure why the former VP candidate of the losing party is such a topic of conversation about something as minute as who she'll acknowledge on stage.

The obsession with this woman by liberals is almost in the same category as PatsFanTx's obsession with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

It's interesting cause she's sending signals about a 2012 run, and many in "republican" consider her their Obama..

Why liberals are interested I don't know, I'm interested because I hope the economic conservatives take the party back from those who think abortion is the #1 issue facing this country..

because they are afraid of her in 4 years!

[QUOTE=CTM;2850710]It's interesting cause she's sending signals about a 2012 run, and many in "republican" consider her their Obama..

Why liberals are interested I don't know, I'm interested because I hope the economic conservatives take the party back from those who think abortion is the #1 issue facing this country..[/QUOTE]

i agree abortion is an important topic..maybe a law with restrictions..(rape,underage,not sure how to deal with it) but the GOP will never win just running on that as there #1 topic..get back to fiscal conservatism,pro military,less government,strong on illegal immigration..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

OMG She has a mind of her own!!:eek:

Doubt you can say the same for Obama.

You are right Obama has to deal with reality on a daily basis and Palin thinks she is a Queen.

[QUOTE=Piper;2850722]OMG She has a mind of her own!!:eek:

Doubt you can say the same for Obama.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    b
    i
    m
    b
    o

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;2850761]You are right Obama has to deal with reality on a daily basis and Palin thinks she is a Queen.[/QUOTE]

Governors don't have to deal with reality on a daily basis?

Besides, what would Obama know about reality? He has never held a position with any responsibility or accountability. He is in for a rude awakening.

Alaska is a state which just elected an 84 year old felon to the Senate.

There are 2 things that has to happen here for the GOP to become relevant again, either Palin has to cure her ignorance or they need to dump the Palin's of the world and go back to their roots of fiscal conservation.

There was a time not too long ago the GOP was the party of William F Buckley - small government business men - now it is the party of social issue wack-a-doos who think Africa is a country and have no problem going into massive debt and expanding the government as large as possible (See Bush, George W.)

And hey - that's fine and dandy but don't expect to win a general election with that garbage. No matter how hot the person is... putting a Palin up for a general election - the way she is right now - is insulting to the intelligence of the country.

Now im not saying in 2012 she could get some tutoring and become a force -she has alot of charisma - but right now she thinks she knows it all, and the truth is very far from that.

Put it another way, as a Democrat, I get happy when I hear about all this Palin in 2012 talk - because she's a divider not a uniter and that type of politics died a grousome death about a week ago.
    Last edited by bitonti; 11-10-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously? Can we dump this now? The only reason Palin is in the news anymore is because the libs WANT to make her the face of the Republican Party. Why wouldn't they? That would ensure their extinction.

But a year from now, you will barely remember her name. She will disappear forever.