No. 1 Starter- Joba Chamberlain
    No. 2 Starter- Chien-Ming Wang
    No. 3 Starter- Andrew Brackman
    No. 4 Starter- Dellin Betances
    No. 5 Starter- Phil Hughes
    Closer- Mark Melancon

All Pro
    Couple things.

In 2012, they project A-Rod to be at 1B yet Jeter will still be the SS. I don't agree with that.

As far as the prospects go, I admit I'm not as up on the minor leagues as you, but Alan Horne isn't on there? If I remember correctly, he was close to being Major League ready prior to his most recent injury this past season.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 11-10-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Couple things.

In 2012, they project A-Rod to be at 1B yet Jeter will still be the SS. I don't agree with that.

As far as the prospects go, I admit I'm not as up on the minor leagues as you, but Alan Horne isn't on there? If I remember correctly, he was close to be Major League ready prior to his most recent injury this season.
    I noticed that myself, but I wouldn't put to much stock into those projected lineups, and Alan Horne spent a majority of the season on the DL, so it's a combination of that, and the performance of the other players on the list. My only problem with the list is that Melancon is too low on it. I'd have him just above or below McAllister, so 6 or 7. This list would be different if that punk Cole signed.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-10-2008 at 04:57 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I noticed that myself, but I wouldn't put to much stock into those projected lineups, and Alan Horne spent a majority of the season on the DL, so it's a combination of that, and the performance of the other players on the list.
    Gotcha. I'm looking forward to probably seeing Melancon get some time in the majors this year as well.

All Pro
    I noticed that myself, but I wouldn't put to much stock into those projected lineups, and Alan Horne spent a majority of the season on the DL, so it's a combination of that, and the performance of the other players on the list. My only problem with the list is that Melancon is too low on it. I'd have him just above or below McAllister, so 6 or 7. This list would be different if that punk Cole signed.
    Agreed. I think he's definitely better than Aceves. I thought Aceves did a nice job in his time in the bigs towards the end of last season, but he just doesn't seem like he's got the stuff to be great.

All Pro
    Yea A-Rod's arm definitely stays on the left side while Jeter's fielding will migrate right. Keep in mind also, those projected lineups are only made up of internal prospects. So if the Yankees don't sign anyone between now and 2012, they may be accurate...

Banned
    Gotcha. I'm looking forward to probably seeing Melancon get some time in the majors this year as well.
    Defiantly he could make the team out of camp, the Yankees declined the option for Marte, I wonder if they are going to let him walk or try resign him to a smaller deal.

All Pro
    Defiantly he could make the team out of camp, the Yankees declined the option for Marte, I wonder if they are going to let him walk or try resign him to a smaller deal.
    From what I've read, it seems like they are going to re-sign, possibly to a multi-year deal, for a reduced salary. I think I posted the article in the Off-Season Thread.

Couple things.

The projections are not what they actually think they will be. They are more a reflection on the prospects you have, and the guys that they think will be in the majors at those positions.

So, them having Jeter at SS and A-Rod at 1B is actually a reflection on the fact that we have no SS prospects as of right now that they think will be ML ready in the year 2012 and the fact that they think Suttle has ML 3B potential.

Manuel mentioned this in his chat today, so let me just give you his answer:

Q: Kelly from RI asks:
    I found it interesting how you have A-Rod shifting to 1B by 2012. What leads to believe this to be the case? Wouldn't Montero be a better fit there, rather than at DH?
    A:

John Manuel: You know, we got rid of the future lineups for a reason, and then brought them back because people wanted them back. I will clarify again, the point of the future lineup is to show fans the strengths and weaknesses of a system — if there was no free agency, what positions does an org have in abundance, and what do they not have? A-Rod in 2012 will be 36/37 years old. He *probably* will still be at 3b, but because Bradley Suttle plays there, and because we ranked Suttle in the top 10, we put Suttle there and moved the older player to first. It's just an exercise to show you, "Hey, the Yankees have a 3B they really like." That's all. Jeter was at short; he'll be 38 in 2012. Do I really think he'll be the Yankees' 2012 SS? No. But do they have an obvious replacement? Well. Carmen Angelini, but he had a sub-.600 OPS in 2008 in low A ball. Talk about projection.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    The projections are not what they actually think they will be. They are more a reflection on the prospects you have, and the guys that they think will be in the majors at those positions.

So, them having Jeter at SS and A-Rod at 1B is actually a reflection on the fact that we have no SS prospects as of right now that they think will be ML ready in the year 2012 and the fact that they think Suttle has ML 3B potential.

Do you happen to have the whole transcript of that chat?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post

Thanks.