Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington Post admits obvious pro-Obama slant

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2853665]Huh? I posted an interesting article and am discussing the conclusions with nuu. No whining, and no "killing" that I'm aware of.

Childish, eh?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the article. It was interesting but Nuu picked it apart well.

However this,
    [QUOTE]You have to admit, Biden was absolutely ignored by everyone. [/QUOTE]
    is childish whining.

The media goes where there is a story - as simple as that. Do you really think they sit around and say how can we destroy the Republicans and help the Dems? They want to sell papers and have high ratings. Nobody is safe if it helps them in this regard.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2853853]Nothing wrong with the article. It was interesting but Nuu picked it apart well.

However this,

is childish whining.

The media goes where there is a story - as simple as that. Do you really think they sit around and say how can we destroy the Republicans and help the Dems? They want to sell papers and have high ratings. Nobody is safe if it helps them in this regard.[/QUOTE]

But if there's an extremely unpopular President in office, then it would sell papers to print unfavorable reports concerning the issues of that President's party. Obviously.

Sorry for the "childish whining".

Btw, this isn't exactly an opinion piece; it's an evaluation written by the Post's ombudsman. There's nothing to "pick apart." I wasn't looking to start a fight with anyone, and I enjoyed debating it with nuu.

This is why there will never be bipartisanship in this country. Every tiny little issue is reduced to an all-out party war.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 11-11-2008 at 02:31 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2853957]But if there's an extremely unpopular President in office, then it would sell papers to print unfavorable reports concerning the issues of that President's party. Obviously.

Sorry for the "childish whining".

Btw, this isn't exactly an opinion piece; it's an evaluation written by the Post's ombudsman. There's nothing to "pick apart." I wasn't looking to start a fight with anyone, and I enjoyed debating it with nuu.

This is why there will never be bipartisanship in this country. Every tiny little issue is reduced to an all-out party war.[/QUOTE]

Who declared war? All I did was say that saying that the media ignored Biden while picking on Palin was childish whining.

Hey you didn't even vote for Palin. Don't be so sensitive.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2853971]Who declared war? All I did was say that saying that the media ignored Biden while picking on Palin was childish whining.

[/QUOTE]

Then take it up with the Washington Post, because that's what they admit in the article.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2853976]Then take it up with the Washington Post, because that's what they admit in the article.[/QUOTE]
    First of all this article is the opinion of the author not the whole paper. All of the opinions in the article use I and not We.

It's one thing to say that Biden was ignored and it's another to state that it was done because of some conspiracy to help the Dems or harm the Rep's.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2853541]Yes, it is all the fault of the media -- the Republican party should keep doing what its doing and everyone will just come around eventually.[/QUOTE]

If only we could understand the genius behind starting unnecessary wars, sinking our economy with deregulation and excessive tax cuts for the rich and creating huge deficits.

It's the Washington Post's fault for not portraying all these things in a more positive light.