Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to all the Vets

Thanks to all the Vets

Thank you for your commitment and service to this country.

Banned
    [QUOTE=chicadeel;2852962]Thank you for your commitment and service to this country.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=chicadeel;2852962]Thank you for your commitment and service to this country.[/QUOTE]

+1

Going off memory here, but specificly want to thank JetDawgg, Kennyo and ALL our other resident J.I. Poster Millitary Veterans, for their service and dedication to the cause of Liberty and Freedom.

No politics today guys, just "Thank You".

All Pro
    Thank you for your sacrifices to make this country what it is today.

Thanks VETS! We wouldn't be here enjoying this site/life if it weren't for your sacrifices...we believe in American exceptionalism! And a special thanks to those of you who are former POW's...the incomprehensible intestinal fortitude & faith it must take to survive such an experience is awe inspiring.

Your sacrifices make it possible for Harry Reid to declare that "the war is lost"...even as you were preparing to crush the Taliban, which of course you did.

Your sacrifices made it possible for even a piece of human waste named William Ayers to breathe free air...after getting off on a bs technicality, even after trying to kill his own countrymen with multiple acts of domestic terror.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2853021]+1

Going off memory here, but specificly want to thank JetDawgg, Kennyo and ALL our other resident J.I. Poster Millitary Veterans, for their service and dedication to the cause of Liberty and Freedom.

No politics today guys, just "Thank You".[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I think cr is former military too.

My heartfelt thank you to all our bravest present and past.....

+1.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2853095]Thanks VETS! We wouldn't be here enjoying this site/life if it weren't for your sacrifices...we believe in American exceptionalism! And a special thanks to those of you who are former POW's...the incomprehensible intestinal fortitude & faith it must take to survive such an experience is awe inspiring.

Your sacrifices make it possible for Harry Reid to declare that "the war is lost"...even as you were preparing to crush the Taliban, which of course you did.

Your sacrifices made it possible for even a piece of human waste named William Ayers to breathe free air...after getting off on a bs technicality, even after trying to kill his own countrymen with multiple acts of domestic terror.[/QUOTE]

So much for not politicizing Veterans Day! LOL

Thanks Paulie, I was a reservist and was lucky enough to be serving in between wars.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2853140]Ditto. I think cr is former military too.[/QUOTE]

Good job vets. But like most federal holidays, there shouldn't be a day off.

Why not?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2854753]Good job vets. But like most federal holidays, there shouldn't be a day off.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2854763]Why not?[/QUOTE]You don't need a day off to appreciate vets.

What days should you get off then? Let me guess you didn't have off today.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2854768]You don't need a day off to appreciate vets.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2854941]What days should you get off then? Let me guess you didn't have off today.[/QUOTE]

No, and I couldn't get some stuff done because some departments were apparently remembering veterans for 8 hours today. Not sure what days should be holidays.

But you are sure Veteran's day shouldn't be on of them.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2854949]No, and I couldn't get some stuff done because some departments were apparently remembering veterans for 8 hours today. Not sure what days should be holidays.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2854954]But you are sure Veteran's day shouldn't be on of them.[/QUOTE]
    Among other, yes. Certain defense departments want to close? Fine. I don't think we are who we are because of holidays, but fine. But schools and admin deparments? Sorry. Maybe a late opening for a parade, but the entire day?

Columbus Day? Labor Day? Come on.

I guess you would want everyone to work 7 days right?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2854983]Among other, yes. Certain defense departments want to close? Fine. I don't think we are who we are because of holidays, but fine. But schools and admin deparments? Sorry. Maybe a late opening for a parade, but the entire day?

Columbus Day? Labor Day? Come on.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2854987]I guess you would want everyone to work 7 days right?[/QUOTE]

Ya, that's what I said.

You haven't said anything legit about holidays period. You don't agree with them and I am guessing because your job doesn't give them to you.

Let me ask you this if you were at a job who did give these holidays off, would you not take them?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2854994]Ya, that's what I said.[/QUOTE]