Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Start Favre v. Pats?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Start Favre v. Pats?

I've been contemplating starting Favre as my QB this week using the following logic:

I.
    The Pats are going to concentrate on stopping the run to try to make Favre beat them passing.

II.
    The Pats secondary is a major weakness of their defense.

Of course, I know that is probably the least preferred option for the Jets, but what do you think of the possibility of him doing a repeat performance similar to either v. Arizona or last week's Jay Cutler performance?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up Delhomme this week (he faces the Lions at home) because I'm benching Favre. The weather and Pats D and the fact that last time Mangini was Mr. Conservative made me weary of this match-up fantasy-wise.

I'm rooting hard for Favre tonight but I'm not betting my fantasy season on him putting up 300 yards and 4 tds.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 11-13-2008 at 11:15 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed.

Just the possibility of a pleasant unexpected event was too tempting. Just thinking about the unexpected 40 points Cutler put up last Thursday was too tempting.

I'll stick with Manning against the Texans this week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I picked up Delhomme this week (he faces the Lions at home) because I'm benching Favre. The weather and Pats D and the fact that last time Mangini was Mr. Conservative made me weary of this match-up fantasy-wise.

I'm rooting hard for Favre tonight but I'm not betting my fantasy season on him putting up 300 yards and 4 tds.
    Well said! I'm benching Farve in a 2 QB league, and guess who I'm starting in his place - Marc Bulger (I know he sucks, but he's my only alternative). I just have no confidence in Farve. Not against the Pats and not in this weather.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It appears we were all wrong on this issue. Although I must say, pleasantly wrong.