Thread: Now Philly, Phoenix, ATL want bailouts

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Philly, Phoenix, ATL want bailouts

A big thank you to all of the people who think the government can solve our problems and supported the bail out!

See what happens when you open the gravy train? It never ends.

[url]http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94EQHOG0&show_article=1[/url]

[i]WASHINGTON (AP) - Three big city mayors asked the federal government Friday to use a portion of the $700 billion financial bailout to assist struggling cities.

The mayors sought help with their pension costs, infrastructure investment and cash-flow problems stemming from the global financial crisis.

The mayors—Michael Nutter of Philadelphia, Shirley Franklin of Atlanta and Phil Gordon of Phoenix—made their request in a letter to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

Nutter said cities are facing an economic crisis not seen since the Depression and need help just like financial institutions.

"I want to make sure that cities and metro areas are at the table, that their voices are being heard, that our challenges and problems are well understood, so that we can get relief," Nutter said.

President-elect Barack Obama has also called for some sort of aid to state and local governments so they don't have to raise taxes or lay off workers while the federal government is trying to revive the economy, but he hasn't proposed or endorsed a specific aid plan. [/i]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure, why not!

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, why not.

Lets just transfer all our assets to the government now and get it over with..

Btw, this economic fear is going to continue to make an economic conservative less electable. People want the government to protect them now more then ever..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I, as a private citizen, apply for my piece of the bailout?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous.

In other news, I just heard something on the radio that Al Sharpton owes U.S. Taxpayers approximately $50,000. Is this true? Anybody hear this one?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    figures im just waiting for newark to ask

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All we have to do is overspend and Grandpa Washington will help us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stupid cities...****ing **** up for the rest of us who live in this country.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2864314]Stupid cities...****ing **** up for the rest of us who live in this country.[/QUOTE]

Add them to a list that includes banks, homeowners, automobile companies and others I guess! The line outside Pelosi's door must be 10 miles long!