Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina priest: No communion for Obama supporters

South Carolina priest: No communion for Obama supporters

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_on_re_us/obama_catholics;_ylt=Ai2ZkRpnEz0h3G9H5t22eF6s0NUE[/url]

[QUOTE]Says the priest, "Our nation has chosen for its chief executive the most radical pro-abortion politician ever to serve in the United States Senate or to run for president. Voting for a pro-abortion politician when a plausible pro-life alternative exists constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil, and those Catholics who do so place themselves outside of the full communion of Christ's Church and under the judgment of divine law. Persons in this condition should not receive Holy Communion until and unless they are reconciled to God in the Sacrament of Penance, lest they eat and drink their own condemnation."[/QUOTE]

It's crap like this that drove me away from organized religion.. a long time ago.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-14-2008 at 06:38 PM.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2863900][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_on_re_us/obama_catholics;_ylt=Ai2ZkRpnEz0h3G9H5t22eF6s0NUE[/url]

It's crap like this that drove me away from organized religion.. a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I had to go to penance anyway for a whole bunch of other crap.

But crappy posters don't keep you off the message board? Hmm

All League
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2863900][url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_on_re_us/obama_catholics;_ylt=Ai2ZkRpnEz0h3G9H5t22eF6s0NUE[/url]

It's crap like this that drove me away from organized religion.. a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Anyone that accepts moral counsel from a bunch of pedophiles is an idiot !

I agree with what the priest is saying, but I don't think it's his place to decide who can & can't receive holy communion...that's a very personal thing between the person receiving & God. The term "cafeteria Catholic" is often used to describe people who dont agree with all of Catholic doctrine, so they pick & choose which rules they agree with..

It's crap like this that drove me away from organized religion.. a long time ago.[/QUOTE]i don't believe the people who have abortions are evil,but the act is.so i guess the priest is correct.

It's crap like this that drove me away from organized religion.. a long time ago.[/QUOTE]not the bad wine?

[QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2863968]Anyone that accepts moral counsel from a bunch of pedophiles is an idiot ![/QUOTE]

So a few bad apples make them all bad. Talk about idiots!

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2864040]I agree with what the priest is saying, [B]but I don't think it's his place to decide who can & can't receive holy communion...that's a very personal thing between the person receiving & God.[/B] The term "cafeteria Catholic" is often used to describe people who dont agree with all of Catholic doctrine, so they pick & choose which rules they agree with..[/QUOTE]

Exactly..

Also, I've heard this 'Cafeteria Catholic" term used before, but I could careless what the Catholic Church thinks about my beliefs, or anyone else for that matter. They do not have a more personal relationship with God, than I do.

When I go, I intend to be judged by my maker.. not the Catholic Church.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-14-2008 at 09:45 PM.

All League

I'm very to happy to say that I no longer associate with the Catholic Church.

Jets Insider VIP

As if the Catholic Church with all their goofy man made rules has any room to make such a judgment. This monstrous organization is sending more people to hell than you can ever fathom.

Jets Insider VIP
    To add to that they have NO PROBLEM giving communion to openly gay Priests and Nuns. What the heck is that??

Every parking lot of every Catholic Church should be empty every Sunday yet the Catholic Church is the largest, most well-funded and organized pedophile group in the history of man. No further proof need be given on the Judgment Day against every single person of authority in that monstrous organization of perverts. The case is as open and shut as a murder case where the murder is actually witnessed by the judge and jury themselves.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastMole;2863968]Anyone that accepts moral counsel from a bunch of pedophiles is an idiot ![/QUOTE]

Yes, because every Catholic priest is a pedophile....

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter before regurgitating what the modern media love to expound upon in this matter.

AND NO.....I'm not Catholic.

Let's not start bashing the Catholic Church...I am a practicing Catholic, but I don't agree with every official stance the church takes. The way they handled the scandal involving abusive priests was shameful. But it's the best charitable institution in the world, bar none.
    It operates some of the best schools, universities, hospitals, missions and shelters...the percentage of inner city kids who are lucky enough (through Catholic Charities like the Student Sponsor Partnership) to attend Catholic schools are far more likely to go on to college than their public school counterparts...btw, check out [url]www.sspnyc.org[/url] if anyone's intd in getting involved in this great charity...or send me a PM. Tucker

Jets Insider VIP
    Tucker that is besides the point. Every time any person gives any amount of money to the Catholic Church, that person is paying the salary of pedophile rapists. Not merely looking the other way, mind you, but actually paying the salaries of thousands of criminal, sexual deviants, who try to pass themselves off as men who have moral authority, but who are, in fact, the basest of men (Dan. 4:17). Who would rationally conceive of actually paying the salaries of pedophile rapists? And yet, that is exactly what all the parishioners of the Catholic Church are doing today. For those who try to justify their particular parish by arguing that their priest doesn't molest boys, consider this. Do you think that the money put in that plate stays local? These are fungible assets that go into the main pot of the Catholic church and are returned for local use on an as needed basis (and are used as payouts and hush money in sexual molestation cases). And are there any priests preaching against this horrendous sin from the pulpit, denouncing the 'church' and demanding that his parishioners have nothing to do with it?

Every member of the Catholic clergy, without exception, is a minister of Satan, and the parishioners love the lies that they are fed, and offer up their children to these monstrous, vile beasts (Lev. 18:21). It is impossible to refute these facts. Now, would you continue to support such an organization?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2864415]Tucker that is besides the point. Every time any person gives any amount of money to the Catholic Church, that person is paying the salary of pedophile rapists. Not merely looking the other way, mind you, but actually paying the salaries of thousands of criminal, sexual deviants, who try to pass themselves off as men who have moral authority, but who are, in fact, the basest of men (Dan. 4:17). Who would rationally conceive of actually paying the salaries of pedophile rapists? And yet, that is exactly what all the parishioners of the Catholic Church are doing today. For those who try to justify their particular parish by arguing that their priest doesn't molest boys, consider this. Do you think that the money put in that plate stays local? These are fungible assets that go into the main pot of the Catholic church and are returned for local use on an as needed basis (and are used as payouts and hush money in sexual molestation cases). And are there any priests preaching against this horrendous sin from the pulpit, denouncing the 'church' and demanding that his parishioners have nothing to do with it?

Every member of the Catholic clergy, without exception, is a minister of Satan, and the parishioners love the lies that they are fed, and offer up their children to these monstrous, vile beasts (Lev. 18:21). It is impossible to refute these facts. Now, would you continue to support such an organization?[/QUOTE]

Bernie, no offence but your lack of knowledge on anything theological and historical is astounding

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2864460]Bernie, no offense but your lack of knowledge on anything theological and historical is astounding[/QUOTE]

Show me one thing in there that you can refute, just one.

Jets Insider VIP
    What do you think would happen if the FBI or CIA or the Justice Department discovered that thousands of members of a business or professional organization turned out to be running a secret pedophile prostitution ring in the United States? They would thoroughly investigate the matter, arrest all those who were involved, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law, and execute the sentences passed by the court. Yet, that is exactly what is going on in the Catholic Church, and every law enforcement agency at every level of government has ignored this problem and has treated it as an internal issue of the Catholic Church - such broad and consistent ignorance must be orchestrated at the highest levels of government. The only court cases have been civil cases - suits brought against the Catholic Church by a small number of their victims. The fact that there are thousands of child-molesting criminals walking the streets acting with impunity - in fact, with the swagger of socially-bestowed honor rather than being locked up for their crimes is a sweeping indictment of any nation that enables such a state of affairs.

I'm not going after Catholics, as 99% of them have no idea what they believe and simply go along with whatever the Priest says, never opening a bible in their life to see they have been fed lies all their life. It's the organization itself that has the blood on their hands. If you think about it in terms of a different company [not a non-profit organization] like Pizza Hut, Dell or Microsoft then people would boycott those companies. The companies would look horrible in the press, and people would begin to seek out other options for their pizza and computer needs. With all the bad press, even the stuff quickly suppressed, people still sit through Catholic church every Sunday and no one cares. It's sickening.
    Last edited by sackdance99; 11-15-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Food for thought, keep this in mind with your attempt to refute....

[QUOTE][B]Catholic Church spent $615 million on sexual abuse cases in 2007 [/B]

Of the monies paid out by the church, 526 million dollars went to settling cases…

Around 23 million dollars was paid out for therapy for victims or support for accused offenders, and 60 million dollars for legal fees, said the report, which was commissioned by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).

It has been estimated that more than 5,000 priests out of nearly 41,500 across the United States have been denounced for sexually abusing children since the 1950s.

A report commissioned in 2004 by the USCCB from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in Washington found that nearly 4,400 priests had been accused of abuse.

In the last year, about 689 new allegations of abuse were lodged, that is only three percent fewer than in 2006. A lot of the cases settled in 2007 dated back decades. Of course most of the victims were teenage boys between 10 and 14.

Between 2006 and 2007 alone, “expenditure related to allegations increased by 54 percent,” due mainly to a near-doubling of the amount paid out for settlements in 2007, it said, showing that other pay-outs had fallen.

But Terry McKiernan, president of the organization Bishop Accountability, which documents the abuse crisis in the Roman Catholic church, said the report by the bishops was opaque and fudged the number of clergymen who have been accused of sexually abusing children.

“Because the report is only counting and not actually naming the priests, we are not able to determine which of these allegations pertain to priests already accused and which pertain to new priests,” McKiernan told AFP by phone from Boston.[/QUOTE]

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2864149]As if the Catholic Church with all their goofy man made rules has any room to make such a judgment. This monstrous organization is sending more people to hell than you can ever fathom.[/QUOTE]

Most of the rules from any religion are man made.