Thread: OT: Lesner... he's a beast.

Jets Insider VIP

OT: Lesner... he's a beast.

He is just too big, Randy put up a good fight.

All League
    Lesner beat him! WHAT!

I completely forgot about the fight. I'm not a UFC fan at all but this fight I knew about and wanted to see...

I have to agree though Lesner is a freak in terms of size. He looks like the friggin hulk.

All League
    Those grazing shots definately took their toll on Couture. Once he went down, Lesnar looked like a gorilla just pounding away relentlessly. Imagine being on the end of those shots!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetChefJR View Post
    Those grazing shots definately took their toll on Couture. Once he went down, Lesnar looked like a gorilla just pounding away relentlessly. Imagine being on the end of those shots!
    I was shocked the ref didnt stop it sooner. After the 5th punch he should have called it, not after the 15th (or whater it was).

Lesner's stand up / striking has improved greatly and because his hands or so big when they land it is devastating. Believe it or not but I think that an entertaining fight might be Lesnar vs. Chuck Liddell. Chuck is harder than any fighter to take down and when he is gets up quickly. I also think that he could knock Lesnar out with his stand up. However, his chin is shot and opponents have figured out his style. It would be intersting though.

His next fight is with the winner of Mir vs. Nogeira. Lesnars BJJ sucks but his defense is going to improve greatly with all of his training. It is going to be difficult for either of those guys to stick with him standing up.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    Lesner's stand up / striking has improved greatly and because his hands or so big when they land it is devastating. Believe it or not but I think that an entertaining fight might be Lesnar vs. Chuck Liddell. Chuck is harder than any fighter to take down and when he is gets up quickly. I also think that he could knock Lesnar out with his stand up. However, his chin is shot and opponents have figured out his style. It would be intersting though.

His next fight is with the winner of Mir vs. Nogeira. Lesnars BJJ sucks but his defense is going to improve greatly with all of his training. It is going to be difficult for either of those guys to stick with him standing up.
    Liddell? dude Randy was a shrimp in teh cage at 220 how would Chuck last at 205?

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green View Post
    Liddell? dude Randy was a shrimp in teh cage at 220 how would Chuck last at 205?
    I am not even sure Liddell walks around at 220....not happening. Randy at 45 was a joke against Lesnar, think about it the guy is a terrible matchup against brock, he has no submissions, and he is not en elite stand up fighter he is a wrestler with a 50 pound disadvantage. His only hope was to ware Lesnar out and not get hit with one of those big shots.....

on the flip side i think a guy like gabriel ganzaga can give lesnar problems just like Mir did...and well Mir will kick his ass AGAIN very soon.

freak show aside how about Florian vs Penn???? cant wait to see it! took Penn 3 (maybe 4) rounds to beat stevenson....Florian just killed him.
    Last edited by K-Met57; 11-16-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    With every fight Lesnar will get better and better, if you can even imagine that. He is manhandling guys with only a few fights in the UFC. This guy will be around (as Champ) for many many years.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    I am not even sure Liddell walks around at 220....not happening. Randy at 45 was a joke against Lesnar, think about it the guy is a terrible matchup against brock, he has no submissions, and he is not en elite stand up fighter he is a wrestler with a 50 pound disadvantage. His only hope was to ware Lesnar out and not get hit with one of those big shots.....

on the flip side i think a guy like gabriel ganzaga can give lesnar problems just like Mir did...and well Mir will kick his ass AGAIN very soon.

freak show aside how about Florian vs Penn???? cant wait to see it! took Penn 3 (maybe 4) rounds to beat stevenson....Florian just killed him.
    1. Mir never kicked his ass.

2. Florian vs. Penn will be a classic. Florian is amazing

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    Lesner beat him! WHAT!

I completely forgot about the fight. I'm not a UFC fan at all but this fight I knew about and wanted to see...
    I have to agree though Lesner is a freak in terms of size. He looks like the friggin hulk.
    http://www.mmaroot.com/randy-couture...-ufc-91-video/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NEJetsFan View Post

Correct on the 2nd part.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post

I think both Nogeira or Mir could take him. Mir got lucky in that first fight, but still a win is a win. Nogeira can take a beating and come back... just watch some of his PRIDE fights. Its amazing. Its still fun to watch Lesnar. Its just amazing to see someone so big move so well. Almost unfair.

I hate Kenny but he is a good fighter. BJ will take out KenFlo, well be lucky to see that fight by next summer. The Ultimate card at the end of December is amazing. All you guys need to post in the MMA forum and get some threads going.

Lesnar was completely frantic in the first fight against Mir, if he would of relaxed and continued to throw hammer fists the fight would of ended. He will beat Mir if they fight again, IMO Nog will beat Mir.

I'm a big fan of MMA and I'm currently taking jiu jitsu. Let me say 1st that Brock Lesnar is just a freak of nature and he packs so much power in his punches that even a grazing shot can crumple you. That being said, I always thought Randy was a very bad matchup with Brock because Randy himself does not practice jiu jitsu. In a fight you need both boxing and jiu jitsu. 2 pure wrestlers going out can only mean the most powerful one wins. Randy did very well getting out from underneath brock, but if he had any chance to win this fight he had to take it to the ground. I also thought it was bad stoppage because Brock was hardly doing any damage with the hammerfists and elbows.

As a jiu jitsu practitioner I see fights as a totally different perspective. It's so important to have this skill in any fight, whether it's a street fight or in the cage. That is why Frank Mir got out of his situation with Brock and that is why either Mir or Nogueira will beat Brock. If Brock can learn a decent amount of jiu jitsu he will be unstoppable.

I'm surprised these guys legs aren't bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by NEJetsFan View Post

What do you call making him scream and tap like a little ***** a few seconds into the fight? He gave him a JJ lesson for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I'm a big fan of MMA and I'm currently taking jiu jitsu. Let me say 1st that Brock Lesnar is just a freak of nature and he packs so much power in his punches that even a grazing shot can crumple you. That being said, I always thought Randy was a very bad matchup with Brock because Randy himself does not practice jiu jitsu. In a fight you need both boxing and jiu jitsu. 2 pure wrestlers going out can only mean the most powerful one wins. Randy did very well getting out from underneath brock, but if he had any chance to win this fight he had to take it to the ground. I also thought it was bad stoppage because Brock was hardly doing any damage with the hammerfists and elbows.

As a jiu jitsu practitioner I see fights as a totally different perspective. It's so important to have this skill in any fight, whether it's a street fight or in the cage. That is why Frank Mir got out of his situation with Brock and that is why either Mir or Nogueira will beat Brock. If Brock can learn a decent amount of jiu jitsu he will be unstoppable.
    I used to practice as well, but Lesnar is going to pose a lot of problems. Jiu jitsu is designed to eliminate size and strength advantages, but Lesnar is a skilled grappler in his own right. Nobody is going to be able to sweep him with his base.

I think Lesnar is bad for the sport. He got a title shot with a 1-1 career record and everybody he fights he outweighs by 40 pounds, its b.s. On top of that, he is incredibly arrogant, which makes me dislike him even more.

I hope Nog kicks the crap out of him, but I have my doubts. Nog is an unbelievably tough guy, almost a Rocky like toughness. I have seen him get the crap kicked out of him and he keeps coming. Rumor has it that he was run over by a car when he was a kid.